British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Hows everyones relaxing Sunday? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/hows-everyones-relaxing-sunday-473422/)

arbroath_abroad Aug 12th 2007 7:18 am

Hows everyones relaxing Sunday?

Its great being back in the world where you get sunday's off!!!

just got up, had a light brekky, went into work (not to do work, to show my face, send a few tactical emails to ensure i get paid etc) and just back from the gym.

About to watch episode 4 of Band of Brothers.

I love time on my own!! but not too long, been away for 11 days now, got past the homesick stage but really longing for a hug from the wife and to rub her tummy

see, i do have a sensitive side also!!

Whats the longest you peeps have spent apart from your hubbie?

With my wife since marriage its been 3.5 weeks i think, but this one is looking like a 5 week stretch.

(oops and i fly to Paris 2 days after i return to watch scotland france with the Arbroath posse)

Meow Aug 12th 2007 7:22 am

Re: Hows everyones relaxing Sunday?

Originally Posted by arbroath_abroad (Post 5178745)
Its great being back in the world where you get sunday's off!!!

just got up, had a light brekky, went into work (not to do work, to show my face, send a few tactical emails to ensure i get paid etc) and just back from the gym.

About to watch episode 4 of Band of Brothers.

I love time on my own!! but not too long, been away for 11 days now, got past the homesick stage but really longing for a hug from the wife and to rub her tummy

see, i do have a sensitive side also!!

Whats the longest you peeps have spent apart from your hubbie?

With my wife since marriage its been 3.5 weeks i think, but this one is looking like a 5 week stretch.

(oops and i fly to Paris 2 days after i return to watch scotland france with the Arbroath posse)

Can you see me glaring at you? Can you? *glares*

I am having a panicky day so far as we overslept this morning. Seems neither alarm went off. I came to with the man telling me it was 9.15am, as I was dreaming about having a conversation with Olivia Newton-John over slices of cauliflower cake. :confused:

x

arbroath_abroad Aug 12th 2007 7:31 am

Originally Posted by Meow (Post 5178754)
as I was dreaming about having a conversation with Olivia Newton-John over slices of cauliflower cake. :confused:

x

Were you drinking Vodka and red bulls last night per chance?:D

oh and what is cauliflower cake?

Meow Aug 12th 2007 7:36 am

Originally Posted by arbroath_abroad (Post 5178775)
Were you drinking Vodka and red bulls last night per chance?:D

oh and what is cauliflower cake?

I hate vodka & red bull. I just had a few beers. And I have no idea what cauliflower cake is, but that is definitely what we were eating. I have lots of very odd dreams. :unsure:

Hope you have a good day. It'll be lovely when you see your wife again.

x

arbroath_abroad Aug 12th 2007 7:40 am

Originally Posted by Meow (Post 5178784)
I hate vodka & red bull. I just had a few beers. And I have no idea what cauliflower cake is, but that is definitely what we were eating. I have lots of very odd dreams. :unsure:

Hope you have a good day. It'll be lovely when you see your wife again.

x

thanks, well i am just off to a coffee shop at the bottom of my apartment block with a book to kill an hour!!

You have made me laugh with the cauliflower cake lol. The reason i asked about the voddie and red bull, i once had too many of those and i apparently woke up in the middle of the night screaming about donkeys driving tractors........

go figure..........

have a lovely day too
x

littlejimmy Aug 12th 2007 7:41 am

Hello there from Sunny Sofia.

3 months is my longest time away without seeing wife and kids. It sucks, truly sucks.

But here I am again, bored and alone on a weekend in a strange city. I must be mad.

Oh, and red bull is evil. It gave me an irregular heartbeat

arbroath_abroad Aug 12th 2007 7:42 am

Originally Posted by littlejimmy (Post 5178789)

3 months is my longest time away without seeing wife and kids. It sucks, truly sucks.

But here I am again, bored and alone on a weekend in a strange city. I must be mad.

know the feeling mate, im in Okpo in South Korea just now. yup we are officially nuts.

littlejimmy Aug 12th 2007 7:44 am

Originally Posted by arbroath_abroad (Post 5178792)
know the feeling mate, im in Okpo in South Korea just now. yup we are officially nuts.

I'm only doing it to escape the tax man. Only 6 months to go.

arbroath_abroad Aug 12th 2007 7:45 am

Originally Posted by littlejimmy (Post 5178796)
I'm only doing it to escape the tax man. Only 6 months to go.

why dont you move to Dubai

kidding:D

arbroath_abroad Aug 12th 2007 7:47 am

Originally Posted by littlejimmy (Post 5178789)

What is Sofia like? i always imagine it to be a kind of backwards place. is there any nice shops restaurants etc?

littlejimmy Aug 12th 2007 7:50 am

Originally Posted by arbroath_abroad (Post 5178801)
What is Sofia like? i always imagine it to be a kind of backwards place. is there any nice shops restaurants etc?

It's quite pleasant. It is surrounded by lovely-looking mountains (which I will drive to once I get a car). It does need work on it - there are potholes everywhere and some of the town looks quite scruffy, and the infrastructure still looks a bit communist-era (but hey, it costs 20p to ride the tram), but there are loads of restaurants and bars, with prices that take some believing (35p a pint), a couple of new shopping malls and quite a few nice old buildings and parks, etc. And with skiing an hour away in winter, and the black sea coast 4 hours away in summer, it is quite a nice place to live.

Oh yeah, and the women are stunning.

arbroath_abroad Aug 12th 2007 8:13 am

Originally Posted by littlejimmy (Post 5178813)
It's quite pleasant. It is surrounded by lovely-looking mountains (which I will drive to once I get a car). It does need work on it - there are potholes everywhere and some of the town looks quite scruffy, and the infrastructure still looks a bit communist-era (but hey, it costs 20p to ride the tram), but there are loads of restaurants and bars, with prices that take some believing (35p a pint), a couple of new shopping malls and quite a few nice old buildings and parks, etc. And with skiing an hour away in winter, and the black sea coast 4 hours away in summer, it is quite a nice place to live.

Any jobs going for Power engineers??:D

Inselaffen Aug 12th 2007 8:23 am

Originally Posted by littlejimmy (Post 5178813)

stayed a couple of nights at the Sheraton in Sofia about 8-9 years ago. The city was an amazing contrast back then. Some abject poverty with the biggest potholes Ive ever seen and then a lot of wealth on display. I guess things have changed quite a bit since then

The women in the bar at the Sheraton were quite stunning but think they came with quite a high hourly rate :o

Raaj Aug 12th 2007 8:55 am

Originally Posted by Inselaffen (Post 5178884)
stayed a couple of nights at the Sheraton in Sofia about 8-9 years ago. The city was an amazing contrast back then. Some abject poverty with the biggest potholes Ive ever seen and then a lot of wealth on display. I guess things have changed quite a bit since then

The women in the bar at the Sheraton were quite stunning but think they came with quite a high hourly rate :o

hahahahaha.. you still remember all that. .

Weirdstone Aug 12th 2007 10:44 am

Had breakfast with friends :)..then went to a rugby match ....my team won :)