Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Hows everyones relaxing Sunday?

Hows everyones relaxing Sunday?

Old Aug 12th 2007, 7:18 am
BE Forum Addict

arbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond repute
Default Hows everyones relaxing Sunday?

Its great being back in the world where you get sunday's off!!!

just got up, had a light brekky, went into work (not to do work, to show my face, send a few tactical emails to ensure i get paid etc) and just back from the gym.

About to watch episode 4 of Band of Brothers.

I love time on my own!! but not too long, been away for 11 days now, got past the homesick stage but really longing for a hug from the wife and to rub her tummy

see, i do have a sensitive side also!!

Whats the longest you peeps have spent apart from your hubbie?

With my wife since marriage its been 3.5 weeks i think, but this one is looking like a 5 week stretch.

(oops and i fly to Paris 2 days after i return to watch scotland france with the Arbroath posse)
Old Aug 12th 2007, 7:22 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hows everyones relaxing Sunday?

Originally Posted by arbroath_abroad
Its great being back in the world where you get sunday's off!!!

just got up, had a light brekky, went into work (not to do work, to show my face, send a few tactical emails to ensure i get paid etc) and just back from the gym.

About to watch episode 4 of Band of Brothers.

I love time on my own!! but not too long, been away for 11 days now, got past the homesick stage but really longing for a hug from the wife and to rub her tummy

see, i do have a sensitive side also!!

Whats the longest you peeps have spent apart from your hubbie?

With my wife since marriage its been 3.5 weeks i think, but this one is looking like a 5 week stretch.

(oops and i fly to Paris 2 days after i return to watch scotland france with the Arbroath posse)
Can you see me glaring at you? Can you? *glares*

I am having a panicky day so far as we overslept this morning. Seems neither alarm went off. I came to with the man telling me it was 9.15am, as I was dreaming about having a conversation with Olivia Newton-John over slices of cauliflower cake.

x
Old Aug 12th 2007, 7:31 am
BE Forum Addict

arbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Meow
as I was dreaming about having a conversation with Olivia Newton-John over slices of cauliflower cake.

x
Were you drinking Vodka and red bulls last night per chance?

oh and what is cauliflower cake?
Old Aug 12th 2007, 7:36 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Were you drinking Vodka and red bulls last night per chance?

oh and what is cauliflower cake?
I hate vodka & red bull. I just had a few beers. And I have no idea what cauliflower cake is, but that is definitely what we were eating. I have lots of very odd dreams.

Hope you have a good day. It'll be lovely when you see your wife again.

x
Old Aug 12th 2007, 7:40 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Meow
I hate vodka & red bull. I just had a few beers. And I have no idea what cauliflower cake is, but that is definitely what we were eating. I have lots of very odd dreams.

Hope you have a good day. It'll be lovely when you see your wife again.

x
thanks, well i am just off to a coffee shop at the bottom of my apartment block with a book to kill an hour!!

You have made me laugh with the cauliflower cake lol. The reason i asked about the voddie and red bull, i once had too many of those and i apparently woke up in the middle of the night screaming about donkeys driving tractors........

go figure..........

have a lovely day too
x
Old Aug 12th 2007, 7:41 am
Excess Baggage

littlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond repute

Hello there from Sunny Sofia.

3 months is my longest time away without seeing wife and kids. It sucks, truly sucks.

But here I am again, bored and alone on a weekend in a strange city. I must be mad.

Oh, and red bull is evil. It gave me an irregular heartbeat
Old Aug 12th 2007, 7:42 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by littlejimmy

3 months is my longest time away without seeing wife and kids. It sucks, truly sucks.

But here I am again, bored and alone on a weekend in a strange city. I must be mad.
know the feeling mate, im in Okpo in South Korea just now. yup we are officially nuts.
Old Aug 12th 2007, 7:44 am
Excess Baggage

littlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond repute

know the feeling mate, im in Okpo in South Korea just now. yup we are officially nuts.
I'm only doing it to escape the tax man. Only 6 months to go.
Old Aug 12th 2007, 7:45 am
BE Forum Addict

I'm only doing it to escape the tax man. Only 6 months to go.
why dont you move to Dubai

kidding
Old Aug 12th 2007, 7:47 am
BE Forum Addict

What is Sofia like? i always imagine it to be a kind of backwards place. is there any nice shops restaurants etc?
Old Aug 12th 2007, 7:50 am
Excess Baggage

What is Sofia like? i always imagine it to be a kind of backwards place. is there any nice shops restaurants etc?
It's quite pleasant. It is surrounded by lovely-looking mountains (which I will drive to once I get a car). It does need work on it - there are potholes everywhere and some of the town looks quite scruffy, and the infrastructure still looks a bit communist-era (but hey, it costs 20p to ride the tram), but there are loads of restaurants and bars, with prices that take some believing (35p a pint), a couple of new shopping malls and quite a few nice old buildings and parks, etc. And with skiing an hour away in winter, and the black sea coast 4 hours away in summer, it is quite a nice place to live.

Oh yeah, and the women are stunning.
Old Aug 12th 2007, 8:13 am
BE Forum Addict

It's quite pleasant. It is surrounded by lovely-looking mountains (which I will drive to once I get a car). It does need work on it - there are potholes everywhere and some of the town looks quite scruffy, and the infrastructure still looks a bit communist-era (but hey, it costs 20p to ride the tram), but there are loads of restaurants and bars, with prices that take some believing (35p a pint), a couple of new shopping malls and quite a few nice old buildings and parks, etc. And with skiing an hour away in winter, and the black sea coast 4 hours away in summer, it is quite a nice place to live.

Any jobs going for Power engineers??
Old Aug 12th 2007, 8:23 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

stayed a couple of nights at the Sheraton in Sofia about 8-9 years ago. The city was an amazing contrast back then. Some abject poverty with the biggest potholes Ive ever seen and then a lot of wealth on display. I guess things have changed quite a bit since then

The women in the bar at the Sheraton were quite stunning but think they came with quite a high hourly rate
Old Aug 12th 2007, 8:55 am
Forum Regular

Raaj is just really niceRaaj is just really niceRaaj is just really niceRaaj is just really niceRaaj is just really niceRaaj is just really niceRaaj is just really niceRaaj is just really niceRaaj is just really niceRaaj is just really niceRaaj is just really nice

Originally Posted by Inselaffen
stayed a couple of nights at the Sheraton in Sofia about 8-9 years ago. The city was an amazing contrast back then. Some abject poverty with the biggest potholes Ive ever seen and then a lot of wealth on display. I guess things have changed quite a bit since then

The women in the bar at the Sheraton were quite stunning but think they came with quite a high hourly rate
hahahahaha.. you still remember all that. .
Old Aug 12th 2007, 10:44 am
Australian Citizen

Weirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond repute

Had breakfast with friends ..then went to a rugby match ....my team won

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.