Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

How to sleep on the plane...?

How to sleep on the plane...?

Old May 25th 2009, 11:44 am
BE Enthusiast

Smoochy Girl has much to be proud ofSmoochy Girl has much to be proud ofSmoochy Girl has much to be proud ofSmoochy Girl has much to be proud ofSmoochy Girl has much to be proud ofSmoochy Girl has much to be proud ofSmoochy Girl has much to be proud ofSmoochy Girl has much to be proud ofSmoochy Girl has much to be proud ofSmoochy Girl has much to be proud ofSmoochy Girl has much to be proud of
Default Re: How to sleep on the plane...?

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
nightmare mate, we luckily have my car registered here even though we are on AD visas.
Da dude said that you can't have a registered car in a place other than where you have your visa............ he was told this both by the Police and by the RTA !! We now have to go and have both registered/checked here within 48 hours

I'm knackered - I'm going to bed
Old May 25th 2009, 11:45 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Smoochy Girl
Da dude said that you can't have a registered car in a place other than where you have your visa............ he was told this both by the Police and by the RTA !! We now have to go and have both registered/checked here within 48 hours

I'm knackered - I'm going to bed
bollocks, it has to be registered where you reside not where your visa is, we have AD visa's - we just take tennancy agreement/DEWA bill to car registration place here in Dubai to confirm we reside here and they do it, done it for three years now.
Old May 25th 2009, 11:48 am
BE Enthusiast

Smoochy Girl has much to be proud ofSmoochy Girl has much to be proud ofSmoochy Girl has much to be proud ofSmoochy Girl has much to be proud ofSmoochy Girl has much to be proud ofSmoochy Girl has much to be proud ofSmoochy Girl has much to be proud ofSmoochy Girl has much to be proud ofSmoochy Girl has much to be proud ofSmoochy Girl has much to be proud ofSmoochy Girl has much to be proud of

bollocks, it has to be registered where you reside not where your visa is, we have AD visa's - we just take tennancy agreement/DEWA bill to car registration place here in Dubai to confirm we reside here and they do it, done it for three years now.
They told him it was where the visa is, but you have a point probably anyway - this is where we're residing so it had to be done.

Now tell me - do you know where we have to take both cars to be tested for registration cos da dude is trying to look in the internet but he's getting very confused
Old May 25th 2009, 11:50 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

They told him it was where the visa is, but you have a point probably anyway - this is where we're residing so it had to be done.

Now tell me - do you know where we have to take both cars to be tested for registration cos da dude is trying to look in the internet but he's getting very confused
are they due to be re registered or is this just an export out of AD job? either way you have to take them to the centre for the new plates, whether they are needing to be re registered or not.
Old May 25th 2009, 11:51 am
BE Enthusiast

are they due to be re registered or is this just an export out of AD job? either way you have to take them to the centre for the new plates, whether they are needing to be re registered or not.
oh they're overdue to be re-registered because of the delay in da dude's visa. So yes, we have to register them and get Dubai number plates. We were told that before they do this they will want to test the cars which is no problem since they have both had majhor services and change of tires...... so is that all done in the same place?
Old May 25th 2009, 12:08 pm
Concierge

oh they're overdue to be re-registered because of the delay in da dude's visa. So yes, we have to register them and get Dubai number plates. We were told that before they do this they will want to test the cars which is no problem since they have both had majhor services and change of tires...... so is that all done in the same place?
yes at the RTA place next to Mall of the Emirates, go first thing though to avoid queues, have you got all the right paperwork? and 13 months insurance?
Old May 25th 2009, 12:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

yes at the RTA place next to Mall of the Emirates, go first thing though to avoid queues, have you got all the right paperwork? and 13 months insurance?
Yes everything in place - he's talking to them on the phone right now so he's off with one car tomorrow morning (I will be at my painting class thank God otherwise I will be dragged to keep him company since he's on leave )

Old May 25th 2009, 12:27 pm
Concierge

Yes everything in place - he's talking to them on the phone right now so he's off with one car tomorrow morning (I will be at my painting class thank God otherwise I will be dragged to keep him company since he's on leave )

hope it all gets sorted