Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

How should you vote in the General Election?

Wikiposts

How should you vote in the General Election?

Old Apr 25th 2010, 8:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

StublueKPL is a name known to allStublueKPL is a name known to allStublueKPL is a name known to allStublueKPL is a name known to allStublueKPL is a name known to allStublueKPL is a name known to allStublueKPL is a name known to allStublueKPL is a name known to allStublueKPL is a name known to allStublueKPL is a name known to allStublueKPL is a name known to all
Default Re: How should you vote in the General Election?

I agree.

Lib Dems = Brussels Democracy Party
Old Apr 25th 2010, 8:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

StublueKPL is a name known to allStublueKPL is a name known to allStublueKPL is a name known to allStublueKPL is a name known to allStublueKPL is a name known to allStublueKPL is a name known to allStublueKPL is a name known to allStublueKPL is a name known to allStublueKPL is a name known to allStublueKPL is a name known to allStublueKPL is a name known to all

82% UKIP
64% BNP
39% Tory
31% Labour
Old Apr 25th 2010, 9:43 pm
Excess Baggage

littlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Dean
Clegg is the "centre"?? The Dim Libs are way out to the left of NuLabour in my book - and their response to all the crap that Brussels throws at us would be to say "certainly, sir".

I'd rather be struck by lightning than vote for them...............
That's because NuLabour lurched to the right to make themselves electable. Fact is, the centre-left vote is split between LD and Labour. If they got their act together they could keep the Eton boys out of power forever. Whoever wins, electoral reform is almost inevitable...and can't come soon enough, IMO.
Old Apr 26th 2010, 12:29 am
BE Forum Addict

admon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond repute

Tory 68%
UKIP 57%
BNP 54%
Lib 28%
Green 7%
Old Apr 26th 2010, 4:49 pm
Forum Regular

DOCUAE is a jewel in the roughDOCUAE is a jewel in the roughDOCUAE is a jewel in the roughDOCUAE is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Baby Fat
Clegg has higher approval ratings than Winston Churchill had after World War 2.
Would this would be the Winston Churchill who was voted out office by the British public in favour of Clement Attlee?
Old Apr 26th 2010, 7:18 pm
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Clegg has a 72.8% approval rating back home..Those are the numbers and numbers don't lie
Did you know that 67.6% of statistics are made up on the spot?
Old Apr 27th 2010, 1:10 am
BE Enthusiast

Clegg has a 72.8% approval rating back home..Those are the numbers and numbers don't lie
Yeah. Im sure we are heading for a lib dem PM.

Aye right...........

Better start converting my dirhams into euros then instead of pounds
Old Apr 27th 2010, 2:04 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by StublueKPL
Yeah. Im sure we are heading for a lib dem PM.

Aye right...........

Better start converting my dirhams into euros then instead of pounds
Exactly.............. and he's just been live on Sky News saying how important the NHS is, how it must be protected, etc...........

He was speaking to the Royal College of Nursing annual meeting

Last edited by The Dean; Apr 27th 2010 at 2:04 am. Reason: g
Old Apr 27th 2010, 4:37 am
Excess Baggage

littlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Dean
Exactly.............. and he's just been live on Sky News saying how important the NHS is, how it must be protected, etc...........

He was speaking to the Royal College of Nursing annual meeting
Brown did the same. What do you expect them to say to nurses: "you're a bunch of glorified arse-wipers and you're all DOOOOOMED!"
Old Apr 27th 2010, 4:39 am
BE Enthusiast

the_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond repute

Scottish Green Party: 65%
Scottish National Party: 54%
Labour Party: 49%
Conservative Party: 42%
Liberal Democrats: 39%

I guess this means I want "FREEDOM"...., and wind turbines!
Old Apr 27th 2010, 9:36 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by littlejimmy
Brown did the same. What do you expect them to say to nurses: "you're a bunch of glorified arse-wipers and you're all DOOOOOMED!"
I don't expect them to be given a 'captive audience' at all during the run-in to a general election........... unless of course all the parties have the chance to address them as well.
Old Apr 27th 2010, 1:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by abz_to_dbx
Scottish Green Party: 65%
Scottish National Party: 54%
Labour Party: 49%
Conservative Party: 42%
Liberal Democrats: 39%

I guess this means I want "FREEDOM"...., and wind turbines!
I think were gonna be friends
a Left Wing, Enviromentalist, Scottish Nationalist Alliance.

I think we aren't gonna be friends!!
Old Apr 27th 2010, 2:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

admon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond repute

National Health Care is not important? Let me tell you about the alternative. My wife has some health issues..One day she was feeling bad, she feels bad a lot. She goes to the local doctor often and a $110 later they tell her she'll be fine, and they send her home. So on this day she said her chest was tight..I told her if she goes to the doctor exaggerate everything..Tell him your having trouble breathing..My wifes a real mouseburger and I think she goes in there and says "oh its not so bad"- So I told her to exaggerate all her symptoms then maybe they might do something for you...

45 minutes later I get a call from her, she's in an ambulance speeding to the hospital, they think she's having a heart attack..When I get to the hospital they tell me they ran a bunch of tests on her and everythings fine, she just has high blood pressure and should go see our local doctor cause she may need to go on blood pressure medication. I had to write the emergency room a $11,000 check, and later got a bill for the ambulance for $2100...All for nothing. You can buy a car here for $13,000

I envy your National Health Care system.
Yada yada.

I didn't think they would even take your pulse in the US without health insurance or pre authorised payment.
Old Apr 27th 2010, 7:28 pm
Excess Baggage

What a strange attitude. I have many friends and relatives who are right wing. It makes for interesting discussions more than anything else.
Old Apr 28th 2010, 6:06 am
BE Enthusiast

the_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond repute

I thought we'd already established that on another thread!

I would never have had you as a BNP/UKIP/Tory voter though (), that came right out of the blue, as it were.