Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

How many People are FIFA expecting at the Doha Works Cup

How many People are FIFA expecting at the Doha Works Cup

Old Jul 23rd 2019, 7:06 am
BE Enthusiast

HiHo has a reputation beyond reputeHiHo has a reputation beyond reputeHiHo has a reputation beyond reputeHiHo has a reputation beyond reputeHiHo has a reputation beyond reputeHiHo has a reputation beyond reputeHiHo has a reputation beyond reputeHiHo has a reputation beyond reputeHiHo has a reputation beyond reputeHiHo has a reputation beyond reputeHiHo has a reputation beyond repute
Default How many People are FIFA expecting at the Doha Works Cup

No Music, No Dancing, No Beer, No Hot dogs, No Bacon Butties
And given the temperature precious little football.
Anybody fancy it?
Old Jul 23rd 2019, 7:50 am
Forum Regular

fezzer is a glorious beacon of lightfezzer is a glorious beacon of lightfezzer is a glorious beacon of lightfezzer is a glorious beacon of lightfezzer is a glorious beacon of lightfezzer is a glorious beacon of lightfezzer is a glorious beacon of lightfezzer is a glorious beacon of lightfezzer is a glorious beacon of lightfezzer is a glorious beacon of lightfezzer is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: How many People are FIFA expecting at the Doha Works Cup

Realise this is just a troll post, but i'll bite:

No Music, No Dancing, No Beer
You've clearly not been to Qatar. Sure, it's not Brazil, but these aren't banned, and are all available and will be available in greater numbers during the World Cup when more popup venues appear across the country. Budweiser is a World Cup sponsor so that'll be available everywhere. Now if you're insinuating that Budweiser doesn't count as a beer, you may have a point.

No Hot dogs, No Bacon Butties
Hot dogs? Yes. Pork? Only if you have an alcohol licence. Is that a deal breaker?

And given the temperature precious little football.
You do know the tournament will be held in December when temperatures are pretty decent? The Rugby sevens are held at the same time in Dubai and no-one seems to have an issue with that. Will also be better than the temperature and humidity experienced in 2014 in Brazil when FIFA had to introduce cooling breaks as the temperature passed 32 degrees. Also remember that the stadiums have cooling to make things more comfortable.

Anybody fancy it?
Sure! Why not? I'm sure the stadiums will be impressive, and all the best teams in the world will be there on the top of their game. Why shouldn't the middle east have a chance at hosting? Will it be like Russia/Brazil/South Africa/Germany? Probably not. Will it be a great tournament? Lets see.
Old Jul 23rd 2019, 10:24 am
BE Enthusiast

HiHo has a reputation beyond reputeHiHo has a reputation beyond reputeHiHo has a reputation beyond reputeHiHo has a reputation beyond reputeHiHo has a reputation beyond reputeHiHo has a reputation beyond reputeHiHo has a reputation beyond reputeHiHo has a reputation beyond reputeHiHo has a reputation beyond reputeHiHo has a reputation beyond reputeHiHo has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the Bite, I find your loyalty to your adopted home strangely endearing but DECEMBER! Don't they know that's the Middle of the Premiership season? Who's going to release players in December? Are they planning on renting players off the clubs? Do they think Football Fans will pay $20 for a bottle of warm american urine? Having never visited Doha during Canaveral I'm unable to confirm your comparison with Rio although you should be aware that I remain more than a little dubious that such dramatic costume changes occur.
Old Jul 23rd 2019, 11:11 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by HiHo
Thanks for the Bite, I find your loyalty to your adopted home strangely endearing but DECEMBER! Don't they know that's the Middle of the Premiership season? Who's going to release players in December? Are they planning on renting players off the clubs? Do they think Football Fans will pay $20 for a bottle of warm american urine? Having never visited Doha during Canaveral I'm unable to confirm your comparison with Rio although you should be aware that I remain more than a little dubious that such dramatic costume changes occur.
Canaveral?

I mean, if you're going to be an internet pleb, be a good one.

Are you the American? With the smoking hot, very easy looking Daughter?
Old Jul 23rd 2019, 11:22 am
Forum Regular

fezzer is a glorious beacon of lightfezzer is a glorious beacon of lightfezzer is a glorious beacon of lightfezzer is a glorious beacon of lightfezzer is a glorious beacon of lightfezzer is a glorious beacon of lightfezzer is a glorious beacon of lightfezzer is a glorious beacon of lightfezzer is a glorious beacon of lightfezzer is a glorious beacon of lightfezzer is a glorious beacon of light
Thumbs up Re: How many People are FIFA expecting at the Doha Works Cup

That's better! I have no problem with justifiable critisims such as complaining about moving to December, and having the pay more for beer.
Old Jul 23rd 2019, 1:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

LMFAO. Look up two words sarcastic and misogynist then you will know who we both are. Then you can let Me2 know.
Old Jul 23rd 2019, 1:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by fezzer
That's better! I have no problem with justifiable critisims such as complaining about moving to December, and having the pay more for beer.
Thank you for the info. I don't suppose anybody thought to tell them about a little festival us Christians are rather partial to in December.
Old Jul 24th 2019, 4:43 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

LMFAO. Look up two words sarcastic and misogynist then you will know who we both are. Then you can let Me2 know.
It's you isn't it!! How is your daughter? Tell her I said hi.
Old Jul 24th 2019, 4:57 am
Forum Regular

Thank you for the info. I don't suppose anybody thought to tell them about a little festival us Christians are rather partial to in December.
It'll be done and dusted long before then. You think Qatar Airways wants to disrupt it's Christmas traffic?
Old Jul 24th 2019, 6:03 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Scamp
It's you isn't it!! How is your daughter? Tell her I said hi.
A guy I know is relocating back to the UK this week. He expressed concern about the difficulties he might face in integrating back in to civilised society. I listened and was able to reassure him that unlike many UK expats in the middle east he was a functional, engaged asset to any community. My advice to you scamp is slightly different, try volunteering with a charity to get some context and learn not to objectify women.

Old Jul 24th 2019, 6:25 am
Account Closed

A guy I know is relocating back to the UK this week. He expressed concern about the difficulties he might face in integrating back in to civilised society. I listened and was able to reassure him that unlike many UK expats in the middle east he was a functional, engaged asset to any community. My advice to you scamp is slightly different, try volunteering with a charity to get some context and learn not to objectify women.
It's good to have you back and trolling, even if you're not as good as you used to be....I'm sure your daughter still is!
Old Jul 24th 2019, 7:14 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by fezzer
It'll be done and dusted long before then. You think Qatar Airways wants to disrupt it's Christmas traffic?
Blimmy they are cutting it fine. It’s a good job Emirates, Etihad, Egypt Air, Gulf Air, Fly Dubai, Nasair and Saudi Arabian Airlines have suspended flights to Doha. They will need the slots to get everybody home in time for Santa.