British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   How come...? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/how-come-522581/)

Spugsy Mar 18th 2008 7:43 am

How come...?

It's illegal to be gay over here, but on last nights tv 'queer eye for the straight guy' was on?

shakh your bootie Mar 18th 2008 7:49 am

Re: How come...?

Originally Posted by Spugsy (Post 6077753)
It's illegal to be gay over here, but on last nights tv 'queer eye for the straight guy' was on?

Same reason why it's legal to drink but illegal to be drunk...

MataHari Mar 18th 2008 7:52 am

that's Dubai for ya...
had to laugh reading today that there's going to be police outside all the Dubai schools...the spokesman said it was to prevent students from being run over...now how cool is that...

Spugsy Mar 18th 2008 7:54 am

Originally Posted by MataHari (Post 6077776)
that's Dubai for ya...
had to laugh reading today that there's going to be police outside all the Dubai schools...the spokesman said it was to prevent students from being run over...now how cool is that...

mrs spugsy picked me up from safa ark on friday, but somehow ended up on the other side of the motorway, so I had to run across 6 lanes of traffic after 2 hours of baking heat football,

now that was fun...

MataHari Mar 18th 2008 7:55 am

Originally Posted by Spugsy (Post 6077781)
mrs spugsy picked me up from safa ark on friday, but somehow ended up on the other side of the motorway, so I had to run across 6 lanes of traffic after 2 hours of baking heat football,

now that was fun...

omg...was that you?

Spugsy Mar 18th 2008 7:58 am

Originally Posted by MataHari (Post 6077787)
omg...was that you?

:( me and my mate matt hobbling across as hummers shizzed by us.

MataHari Mar 18th 2008 8:00 am

Originally Posted by Spugsy (Post 6077794)
:( me and my mate matt hobbling across as hummers shizzed by us.

it's a common enough thing over here...so when are you doing SZR...

MissDemeanor Mar 19th 2008 6:11 am

I still cant get over the Indian men walking round holding hands and cuddling each other! I would have thought that they would have been the first for the chop!Even in the UK they would be trouble!

MataHari Mar 19th 2008 6:15 am

Originally Posted by MissDemeanor (Post 6082717)
I still cant get over the Indian men walking round holding hands and cuddling each other! I would have thought that they would have been the first for the chop!Even in the UK they would be trouble!

ahhhh...I think that is sweet

BangleMan Mar 19th 2008 6:30 am

Originally Posted by MataHari (Post 6082727)
ahhhh...I think that is sweet

I thought it just meant they were gay ???

Spugsy Mar 19th 2008 6:32 am

Originally Posted by MissDemeanor (Post 6082717)

apparently, according to my guidebook (because I was amazed as well) they hold hands, or put arms round each other if they are best mates.

Thats what it says...

BangleMan Mar 19th 2008 6:33 am

Originally Posted by Spugsy (Post 6082756)
apparently, according to my guidebook (because I was amazed as well) they hold hands, or put arms round each other if they are best mates.

Thats what it says...

I wondered why you were cuddling Matt in the Shisha Bar last Thurs ?? ...now I know !

Spugsy Mar 19th 2008 6:41 am

Originally Posted by BangleMan (Post 6082759)
I wondered why you were cuddling Matt in the Shisha Bar last Thurs ?? ...now I know !

heh, thats why mrs spugsy went home, she was jealous...

lionheart Mar 19th 2008 6:47 am

So are you trying to tell us something about your true identity...be brave and come out of the closet.

Spugsy Mar 19th 2008 6:50 am

Originally Posted by lionheart (Post 6082787)
So are you trying to tell us something about your true identity...be brave and come out of the closet.

yes...I am Michael barrymore!