Starting to think I should worry but mostly am OK
31.43%
I'm worried
8.57%
It's not great, but I have a plan
17.14%
Even the wasp in my lager has died
5.71%
I no longer care, the 4x4 is packed and I'm about to leg it over the border during Eid.
2.86%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

How is business (2)?

Old Aug 21st 2016, 8:19 am
BE Forum Addict

DXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How is business (2)?

Speaking of sites and construction, what's up with that large plot of undeveloped land right opposite MoE in Al Barsha?

It was undeveloped during my first stint in Dubai in 2008-2012 and lo and behold it's still undeveloped. But I distinctly remember seeing some excavation and the workings implying the start of construction, then the crash happened and it was filled in. And then it looked like a new project was about to start, before filling in again.

And why is it still empty despite such a prime location? The rest of Al Barsha is rapidly filling in and turning into a mini Bur Dubai. That once vast sandy wasteland south of MoE is now almost completely filled in.
Old Aug 21st 2016, 8:24 am
womble

OriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jam25mack
. The ground investigation will start very soon.
Sand, sand, sand, rock.

Sorted.
Old Aug 21st 2016, 8:26 am
"Insert witty title here"

Irishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DXBtoDOH
It was undeveloped during my first stint in Dubai in 2008-2012 and lo and behold it's still undeveloped. But I distinctly remember seeing some excavation and the workings implying the start of construction, then the crash happened and it was filled in. And then it looked like a new project was about to start, before filling in again.

And why is it still empty despite such a prime location? The rest of Al Barsha is rapidly filling in and turning into a mini Bur Dubai. That once vast sandy wasteland south of MoE is now almost completely filled in.
you know you can literally replace some of the words, like 'Al Barsha' or 'Moe' with 'my hot crazy ex' and the sentence structure will STILL make sense

yeah lazy sunday
anyone wants to sell a boxing bag with a stand? Im starting training again in my advanced old age, wana be called a FILF
Old Aug 21st 2016, 8:56 am
BE Forum Addict

jam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
What's the work in the middle of the site?

I'll be up there this week to catch up with folk and don't expect to see any progress. As you say, all design work.
Sorry, I thought you meant for the Expo metro, not at the Expo site itself. I dunno what they are doing down there. Meant to have a site walkover this week so will be on the Expo site itself so will have a nosey around.
Old Aug 21st 2016, 8:57 am
BE Forum Addict

jam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by OriginalSunshine
Sand, sand, sand, rock.

Sorted.
Shhhh, don't tell anyone otherwise I will be out of a job! ;-)
Old Aug 21st 2016, 11:00 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Sorry, I thought you meant for the Expo metro, not at the Expo site itself. I dunno what they are doing down there. Meant to have a site walkover this week so will be on the Expo site itself so will have a nosey around.
Ah I see. Walk around the site? Don't bother, got to the client / PMC office and ask to go up to the balcony. You can see most of it and you can see most of the **** all that's there.
Old Aug 21st 2016, 11:41 am
BE Forum Addict

Ah I see. Walk around the site? Don't bother, got to the client / PMC office and ask to go up to the balcony. You can see most of it and you can see most of the **** all that's there.
We are the PMC....
Old Aug 21st 2016, 12:53 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

We are the PMC....
Snap.

We're either colleagues or JV partners or both confused....
Old Aug 21st 2016, 1:04 pm
Banned

iggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond repute

Snap.

Old Aug 21st 2016, 5:13 pm
Token Scandinavian Bloke

norsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DXBtoDOH
Speaking of sites and construction, what's up with that large plot of undeveloped land right opposite MoE in Al Barsha?

That would be Mall of the World
Home | Mall Of the World
Old Aug 22nd 2016, 4:22 am
BE Forum Addict

DXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond repute

You're thinking of the massive parcel opposite Sheikh Zayed that's currently used by the Dubai police.

What I'm referring to is the butterfly shaped parcel directly opposite MoE in Al Barsha. You can see it easily from the parking garage and there's been a few times in the past where it looked like something was starting to happen - digging, bulldozers etc - but then gets filled in and nothing happens. It's a prime parcel and surprising it still hasn't been built on.

Originally Posted by norsk
That would be Mall of the World
Home | Mall Of the World
Old Aug 22nd 2016, 4:25 am
BE Forum Addict

Snap.

Ha ha!

I'm not working on the Expo site, i'm in the design team for Expolink. Will be on the Expo site in a week or two tho watching folk drill holes in the ground.
Old Aug 22nd 2016, 11:42 am
womble

OriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond repute

Ha ha!

I'm not working on the Expo site, i'm in the design team for Expolink. Will be on the Expo site in a week or two tho watching folk drill holes in the ground.
Oh lord. Are you a CPT man? The worlds most non technical engineering test?

Bang. Bang. Bang. Bang........ Bang. That'll do.
Bang. Bang. B......
Old Aug 24th 2016, 4:37 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by OriginalSunshine
Oh lord. Are you a CPT man? The worlds most non technical engineering test?

Bang. Bang. Bang. Bang........ Bang. That'll do.
Bang. Bang. B......
Nope I'm not a CPT man.... and to be honest I think you are thinking of an 'SPT' as a CPT is very technical.....
Old Aug 25th 2016, 1:32 pm
womble

Nope I'm not a CPT man.... and to be honest I think you are thinking of an 'SPT' as a CPT is very technical.....
Cone penetration test (a real thing for the sniggerers!) is really not very technical.
But I meant were you are you a geotechnical engineer?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.