Housemaid

Old Jan 6th 2019, 4:57 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Housemaid

Hello-

We are looking for a housemaid - please let me know if you know of anyone leaving etc. or have housemaids with friends looking for work etc.

Standard offer and visa to be provided. I'm told I'm not allowed to request martial duties but she would need to be good around dogs.

Cheers, S
Old Jan 7th 2019, 11:32 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141
Default Re: Housemaid

Give it another 18 months and you'll be in the Ranches and the circle will have completed.
Old Jan 7th 2019, 11:37 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
Give it another 18 months and you'll be in the Ranches and the circle will have completed.
When looking for a villa I had one specific request... not the ****ing ranches again - naturally we viewed some in the ranches.

Tempted to just call up the old maid and have her back. Now that would be creepy.
Old Jan 8th 2019, 4:19 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by Millhouse
When looking for a villa I had one specific request... not the ****ing ranches again - naturally we viewed some in the ranches.

Tempted to just call up the old maid and have her back. Now that would be creepy.
Definitely should. You were (probably) pretty nice to her and she might be with some right helmets now.

A family (now friends) moved here same time as us, then moved back to the UK, now are back here. Rang their original maid and she was back with them like a rat up a drainpipe.
Old Jan 8th 2019, 7:04 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Definitely should. You were (probably) pretty nice to her and she might be with some right helmets now.

A family (now friends) moved here same time as us, then moved back to the UK, now are back here. Rang their original maid and she was back with them like a rat up a drainpipe.
My one went to work in a school as a teaching assistant. While she hates the 5am starts and cold showers, I think she likes the job and the two days off a week.... she said she would come back but I've decided against it as we were too nice to her (paid her well and gave her 2 days off). The same deal isn't available to the new maid as I will need her on Saturdays this time. It's a shame as we had a good time with her and she was trustworthy and I'd trained her to understand my English. Going through all that again is a ball ache.
Old Jan 8th 2019, 8:56 am
Account Closed

My one went to work in a school as a teaching assistant. While she hates the 5am starts and cold showers, I think she likes the job and the two days off a week.... she said she would come back but I've decided against it as we were too nice to her (paid her well and gave her 2 days off). The same deal isn't available to the new maid as I will need her on Saturdays this time. It's a shame as we had a good time with her and she was trustworthy and I'd trained her to understand my English. Going through all that again is a ball ache.
Surely it's easier for your wife to not work? She's trained already if you married her.....
Old Jan 8th 2019, 10:02 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Surely it's easier for your wife to not work? She's trained already if you married her.....
From experience, I'd say it is much easier if the wife works. While having a maid is shit, having a bored to death wife comparing everything and picking up on your faults is worse. Better to collectively hate the maid than each other.
Old Jan 8th 2019, 10:03 am
Account Closed

From experience, I'd say it is much easier if the wife works. While having a maid is shit, having a bored to death wife comparing everything and picking up on your faults is worse. Better to collectively hate the maid than each other.

That tickled me a lot.
Old Jan 8th 2019, 10:40 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

"Martial duties " ??? I never required my "dusky Ethiopes" to do THAT !
Old Jan 8th 2019, 1:32 pm
Wannabe Cycling God

TheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond repute

Just curious, as we’re thinking of going back to Villa life, What’s the going rate for decent housemaids these days?

She’d have to keep the place clean, avoid getting savaged by the dog and cleaning up its sh1t in the garden. Make me decent eggs for breakfast and fetch my slippers whenever I want them. Oh and signing for my 000s of Amazon orders.
Old Jan 8th 2019, 2:49 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by TheShed
Just curious, as we’re thinking of going back to Villa life, What’s the going rate for decent housemaids these days?

She’d have to keep the place clean, avoid getting savaged by the dog and cleaning up its sh1t in the garden. Make me decent eggs for breakfast and fetch my slippers whenever I want them. Oh and signing for my 000s of Amazon orders.
Seems to be 2000 for a light skinned one going to about 1300 as you move through the shade spectrum. In line with the changing demographics of Dubai there appears to have been a big shift in where maids are procured from... While the population of Dubai appears to be moving eastwards, the supply of maids is shifting westerly from the Philippines to Uganda via India.
Old Jan 8th 2019, 2:57 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scot47
"Martial duties " ??? I never required my "dusky Ethiopes" to do THAT !
I am disappointed that not even you picked up on the typo (or was it another autocorrect-generated faux pas?). I was wondering if maids were commonly available with weapons training and experience, or whether it was only unarmed combat skills that might be expected?
Old Jan 8th 2019, 8:17 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Wise man.
Old Jan 8th 2019, 9:12 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Do any expats in the ME do their own housework and (the horror) get their own bloody slippers?
Old Jan 9th 2019, 4:03 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
Do any expats in the ME do their own housework and (the horror) get their own bloody slippers?
No. Most families justify maids because they don't have Granny and Grandad to babysit when they want to go out and get battered at weekends.
My boss has one, living in, and only recently his wife started working again. He was under the illusion that she was looking after the kids at home whilst the maid cleaned. I roared with laughter because he actually believe it.

We regularly get a cleaner in, but we don't have kids...yet.
When we do, we'll think about it. I wouldn't want a live in maid I don't think but the thought of someone coming daily to make me eggs, clean up after us and call me ma'am-sir is just thrilling.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.