Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Homesick? Watch this...

Homesick? Watch this...

Old Jan 9th 2012, 5:34 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141
Default Re: Homesick? Watch this...

Originally Posted by kittycat1
I used to work in Tescos Deli I once fell over behind the fish counter-not a good day - I went out that night and had a bit of a whiff all night- and I still pulled lol
You have cod to be kidding me?
Old Jan 9th 2012, 6:02 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute

You have cod to be kidding me?
Old Jan 9th 2012, 6:09 am
N/A

Dumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond repute

Homesick?

Well there is no plaice like home.
Old Jan 10th 2012, 9:41 pm
ex-expat

Hello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dumbo
Homesick?

Well there is no plaice like home.
Seriously?! How many BE people hail from the south coast?! Lullabelle, if - sorry, when - you come back, we'll be within 20 minutes of each other again... ironically almost the same travel time as we were in Dubai!

I live in the village popular with kite-surfers (and nothing much else of note).
Old Jan 11th 2012, 3:15 am
Perky but sarky

lullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond repute

Hello.Kitty I don't live in Brighton, sadly. We're in Hitchin in Hertfordshire - I do love it there. I live opposite the hill in the town centre so I just see greeeeeeeeeeeeen. Its quite a quirky town, bit arty and I like that.

I was just homesick in general watching it. The kid made the film with such love and care and it just reminded me of everything I miss about home. Also, I kept contrasting this 13 year old taking such time and effort - and crafting something beautiful - with the numpties at my work doing the least amount possible to make substandard shite.

It got to me so much - last weekend I kept watching it and sobbing. So when things got more mental at work on Sunday I just thought "bugger this." Plus my production mates at home were saying "why are you putting yourself through this to make crap? Come home and make good stuff." And that is exactly what I'm going to do.

Caleb's on telly tomorrow morning - my mate got hold of him and booked him in. What an exciting time for a yound lad.
Old Jan 11th 2012, 3:45 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lullabelle
Caleb's on telly tomorrow morning - my mate got hold of him and booked him in. What an exciting time for a yound lad.
Aren't people with this sort of *talent* (I use the word hesitantly) normally just very dull, weird Moby types?
Old Jan 11th 2012, 4:07 am
Perky but sarky

lullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Millhouse
Aren't people with this sort of *talent* (I use the word hesitantly) normally just very dull, weird Moby types?

errrr.... no actually. I find most creative people to be really interesting. Ive met and filmed hundreds of artists/writers/musicians/directors/producers over the years and they're usually great entertainers.

And he IS talented - that was made from over 45,000 stills with tilt shift added in edit - a huge amount of work, taking over a year to compile and edit. That's why it looks the way it does. Its clever. Its not just film speeded up. His attention to detail in the edit and good use of music is unusual in one so young and without any training. You may not appreciate it, but that boy is really rather good.
Old Jan 11th 2012, 4:56 am
BE Forum Addict

flares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond repute

Nice one
Old Jan 12th 2012, 5:32 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by Millhouse
Yup.
Old Jan 12th 2012, 6:54 am

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute

I only get homesick when I see pictures of Ale Breweries...brings a tear to my eye every time.

That and the fresh spring air we get around March/April - that's something that cannot be beaten, sun or no sun.

N.
Old Jan 12th 2012, 12:42 pm
Forum Regular

Robajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud of

Don't suppose I've been here long enough to get homesick. Went home for Christmas and was not sad to leave to come back here.

One thing I miss :- My Old Civic Type - R and taking it up to Whitby on the A169 on a quiet clear morning to do a plant visit...

but I got rid of that car a couple of years ago - not quite the same in a diesel passat estate.
Old Jan 15th 2012, 5:34 am

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute

Hello.Kitty I don't live in Brighton, sadly. We're in Hitchin in Hertfordshire - I do love it there. I live opposite the hill in the town centre so I just see greeeeeeeeeeeeen. Its quite a quirky town, bit arty and I like that.

I was just homesick in general watching it. The kid made the film with such love and care and it just reminded me of everything I miss about home. Also, I kept contrasting this 13 year old taking such time and effort - and crafting something beautiful - with the numpties at my work doing the least amount possible to make substandard shite.

It got to me so much - last weekend I kept watching it and sobbing. So when things got more mental at work on Sunday I just thought "bugger this." Plus my production mates at home were saying "why are you putting yourself through this to make crap? Come home and make good stuff." And that is exactly what I'm going to do.

One of my favourite pubs used to be the Green Man in Offley - haven't been there in years...I'm a three counties lad myself. Have a few friends from Hitchin - not a bad place, and definitely a good escape from bloody Luton

N.