hi new to this

Old Oct 23rd 2007, 12:14 pm
Just Joined

conmitch has a brilliant futureconmitch has a brilliant futureconmitch has a brilliant futureconmitch has a brilliant futureconmitch has a brilliant futureconmitch has a brilliant futureconmitch has a brilliant future
Smile hi new to this

hi my hubby is going over for an interview next week, if all goes well we will be moving over, im looking forward to it. but im confused about my eligability to work. also where is the best place to look for work hubby is going to be working at jumeirah beach(if everything goes well). we dont have the worry of having to look for accomodation as they provide it so its really only me looking for work, that is causing the problem. im a counsellor and have always worked in the voluntary sector in uk,. although have recently been working privately in the last couple of years. is there any call for this kind of work out there and also where is the best place, ie news papers etc to look for work.
yours mary
Old Oct 23rd 2007, 12:22 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: hi new to this

Originally Posted by conmitch
hi my hubby is going over for an interview next week, if all goes well we will be moving over, im looking forward to it. but im confused about my eligability to work. also where is the best place to look for work hubby is going to be working at jumeirah beach(if everything goes well). we dont have the worry of having to look for accomodation as they provide it so its really only me looking for work, that is causing the problem. im a counsellor and have always worked in the voluntary sector in uk,. although have recently been working privately in the last couple of years. is there any call for this kind of work out there and also where is the best place, ie news papers etc to look for work.
yours mary
Your Fairer half will be sponsoring you so you will be able to work no problem. Dont know much abt availabilty of work in your line here though!
Dubai is full of nutcases (myself included) so I would think the potential is there!
Old Oct 23rd 2007, 12:33 pm
Just Joined

conmitch has a brilliant futureconmitch has a brilliant futureconmitch has a brilliant futureconmitch has a brilliant futureconmitch has a brilliant futureconmitch has a brilliant futureconmitch has a brilliant future
Wink Re: hi new to this

hi thanks for quick reply, is there any particular jobs bulletin boards or newspapers i could research on the internet regarding work. just to give me a rough idea, also hubby and i moved to Marbella 2 years ago and it has a strong expat community so its easy to meet people and we have met and made friends with some real nice people here is the expat community strong in Dubai
mary
Old Oct 23rd 2007, 12:42 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

Have a look at the recruitment sites on the Wiki links on this forum. Maybe they could help you. Otherwise wait until some of the more knowledgable members of the Bored come on later. Someone might know someone who knows someone...

The main english language paper is http://gulfnews.com/classifieds/index.html

Alternatively you could just become a lady of leisure like many of the ladies on here
Old Oct 23rd 2007, 12:49 pm
Just Joined

Smile Re: hi new to this

im liking the idea of lady of leisure, not sure hubby would tho, also think i might get bored after a while but thanks any way
mary
Old Oct 23rd 2007, 1:10 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

bored!! never the days fly by!
Old Oct 23rd 2007, 2:05 pm
Just Joined

Question Re: hi new to this

what do you do all day if your a "lady of leisure" i have always been busy with work or family, im sure i would need to do something i dont want to do a lot dont get me wrong lol but hubby would be working long hours and i would find it hard to just do nothing
Old Oct 23rd 2007, 2:55 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

what do you do all day if your a "lady of leisure" i have always been busy with work or family, im sure i would need to do something i dont want to do a lot dont get me wrong lol but hubby would be working long hours and i would find it hard to just do nothing
...i reckon if you don't have kids, then being a lady of leisure could get dull, especially if you are used to working. i second the advice to take a look at the recruitment agencies listed on wiki here...

oh, and welcome...!!

MM, xx
Old Oct 23rd 2007, 3:16 pm
Just Joined

Cool Re: hi new to this

cheers M M yea think i would get bored gonna check out the posts in wiki later. also could you give me an idea of the expat community is it helpful and supportive in Dubai as hubby is gonna be working long hours dont fancy being stuck at home all day until i find work would like to do something even if i have to start doing ladies that lunch lol
Old Oct 23rd 2007, 3:20 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

cheers M M yea think i would get bored gonna check out the posts in wiki later. also could you give me an idea of the expat community is it helpful and supportive in Dubai as hubby is gonna be working long hours dont fancy being stuck at home all day until i find work would like to do something even if i have to start doing ladies that lunch lol
it is pretty easy to meet people here...so i don't think you'll have any problems. There is usually loads going on, depends what you are into, i don't do the coffee morning thing, but there are loads and loads organised here...lunches, nights out, etc etc. When are you coming over, you'll have to come out with us lot one night, lol...

MM, xx
Old Oct 23rd 2007, 3:24 pm
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

And heaven know there are plenty of people in this town who need therapy....
Old Oct 23rd 2007, 3:29 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Meow
hahaha...you are sooo right...!!

MM, xx
Old Oct 23rd 2007, 3:39 pm
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Meow
yeah...those that go round thinking that they lead fake lives to start with
Old Oct 23rd 2007, 3:39 pm
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

followed by the guys that think all women a golddiggers...
Old Oct 23rd 2007, 3:53 pm
Just Joined

Talking Re: hi new to this

sounds like i could be real busy, love the peolpe who live fake lives theyre always interesting(or so they believe) loads of them here in marbella lol yea when i come over would love a night out, MM So is there lots of guys out there who believe women are gold diggers then bless em

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.