Here we go again

Old Jul 21st 2013, 10:28 am
Kix
Nothing doin' here

Kix will become famous soon enoughKix will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Here we go again

The plot thickens...

Doha News

She told the Associated Press that she was given a medical examination seeking evidence of the alleged attack and underwent a blood test for alcohol. She was detained for four days before she was released with the help of her embassy. Since March, she has been staying at the Norwegian Seamen’s Center in Dubai.

Since that night, Dalelv and her alleged attacker have been in and of the prosecutor’s office several times. At one point, the expat explained to CNN that she changed her story and said that the sex was consensual, based on advice she received from her manager. It was then that a count of making a false statement was added to her charge sheet.

"That was my biggest regret because it wasn’t voluntary. I just thought it would all go away," she said.
Words fail me, why would her manager say "Just tell them it was consensual"? Why, what on earth made them suggest that? What happened to sympathy and trying to help your staff?

I wonder what the said manager's nationality was.

The more I read about this the more I am disgusted by some of my sex.
Old Jul 21st 2013, 10:29 am
BE Enthusiast

Maxima has a reputation beyond reputeMaxima has a reputation beyond reputeMaxima has a reputation beyond reputeMaxima has a reputation beyond reputeMaxima has a reputation beyond reputeMaxima has a reputation beyond reputeMaxima has a reputation beyond reputeMaxima has a reputation beyond reputeMaxima has a reputation beyond reputeMaxima has a reputation beyond reputeMaxima has a reputation beyond repute

http://en-maktoob.news.yahoo.com/nor...182138947.html

Does anyone have an idea why most people commenting on this news piece are against the Norwegian girl, accusing her of lying ?

you just don't wake up and find yourself raped!! She is not telling the truth and that is why she was sentenced. Judges all over the world including UAe are competent people and selected carefully and hence no doubt that they doid the right thing. I'm telling you this norwegian girl is a big liar. She's after some free publicity by trying to look like a victim.

Whta kinda rape is this ? In India when they rape girl is not even position to talk ..she will bleed for days and die..this is not rape it was mutual sex and now she is covering it up

Last edited by Maxima; Jul 21st 2013 at 10:32 am.
Old Jul 21st 2013, 10:29 am
BE Enthusiast

Maxima has a reputation beyond reputeMaxima has a reputation beyond reputeMaxima has a reputation beyond reputeMaxima has a reputation beyond reputeMaxima has a reputation beyond reputeMaxima has a reputation beyond reputeMaxima has a reputation beyond reputeMaxima has a reputation beyond reputeMaxima has a reputation beyond reputeMaxima has a reputation beyond reputeMaxima has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kix
I wonder what the said manager's nationality was.

The more I read about this the more I am disgusted by some of my sex.
No need to wonder; any of the countries to the north or west of Saudi Arabia
Old Jul 21st 2013, 11:27 am
Big Member

NorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Maxima
http://en-maktoob.news.yahoo.com/nor...182138947.html

Does anyone have an idea why most people commenting on this news piece are against the Norwegian girl, accusing her of lying ?

you just don't wake up and find yourself raped!! She is not telling the truth and that is why she was sentenced. Judges all over the world including UAe are competent people and selected carefully and hence no doubt that they doid the right thing. I'm telling you this norwegian girl is a big liar. She's after some free publicity by trying to look like a victim.

Whta kinda rape is this ? In India when they rape girl is not even position to talk ..she will bleed for days and die..this is not rape it was mutual sex and now she is covering it up
Some of the people making comments should not be allowed to use a chalk and board, let alone be let loose on the internet:

"There is something fishy here!! This story lacks many facts and makes no sense at all!! She lives in a Church and she just woke up and found a co-worker raping her "the preist maybe"?? and when she went to inform the police he did not try to stop her!!?? Who sleeps without locking his doors.."
Old Jul 21st 2013, 12:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

Paracletus will become famous soon enoughParacletus will become famous soon enough

She's supposedly been summoned to court tomorrow, can't seem to find any information on what grounds however.
Old Jul 21st 2013, 12:40 pm
Kix
Nothing doin' here

Originally Posted by Paracletus
She's supposedly been summoned to court tomorrow, can't seem to find any information on what grounds however.
For speaking to the media about the case? After all she's wanted.
Old Jul 21st 2013, 12:47 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kix
For speaking to the media about the case? After all she's wanted.
going to the media I personally think was a big mistake
Old Jul 21st 2013, 12:57 pm
Kix
Nothing doin' here

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
going to the media I personally think was a big mistake
Damned if you are, damned if you don't though - or do you mean she should keep quiet but let others say her words for her? That way she can't be accused of speaking to the press can she?
Old Jul 21st 2013, 1:00 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kix
Damned if you are, damned if you don't though - or do you mean she should keep quiet but let others say her words for her? That way she can't be accused of speaking to the press can she?
I think they way they will look at it is that she is bringing negativity to the country, and that won't go down well.
Old Jul 21st 2013, 1:11 pm
Big Member

NorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond repute

I think they way they will look at it is that she is bringing negativity to the country, and that won't go down well.
I think they will be more worried about the global news reporting this (literally all over the world) and the bad publicity.

I can't see them keeping her in the clink for long, if at all.
Old Jul 21st 2013, 1:13 pm
Kix
Nothing doin' here

Originally Posted by NorthernLad
I think they will be more worried about the global news reporting this (literally all over the world) and the bad publicity.

A mercy Ramadan reprieve perhaps?

Thing is, if they do release her then it sets a precedent for other victims doesn't it, and that surely wont be allowed.

It also suggests that the UAE legal system is flawed - again, that can't be allowed either.
Old Jul 21st 2013, 1:13 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by NorthernLad

let's hope so!
Old Jul 21st 2013, 1:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

Paracletus will become famous soon enoughParacletus will become famous soon enough

The norwegian foreign minister has been quite vocal on the issue, albeit within reason.

In the case of the Australian woman, the Oz gov't actively advised her against 'upsetting' the establishment. Seems hypocritical. It's fine to lambast countries like Iran and China on their human rights violations, but not 'our friends and allies'?
Old Jul 21st 2013, 1:24 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by Paracletus
The norwegian foreign minister has been quite vocal on the issue, albeit within reason.

In the case of the Australian woman, the Oz gov't actively advised her against 'upsetting' the establishment. Seems hypocritical. It's fine to lambast countries like Iran and China on their human rights violations, but not 'our friends and allies'?
there is no denying it has caused quite a stir, let's just hope there is a positive outcome, can't start to think how she must be feeling. The Laws of this land will never change though, I am pretty sure of that.
Old Jul 21st 2013, 1:52 pm
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

there is no denying it has caused quite a stir, let's just hope there is a positive outcome, can't start to think how she must be feeling. The Laws of this land will never change though, I am pretty sure of that.
The law doesn't need to change. The implementation does.

In every one of these cases it would suit the country and its international reputation far better to have a quiet word with the offenders. Issue a suspended sentence and declare them persona non grata. Put them on a plane with clear instructions never to return or face the suspended sentence.
Justice is served, the offenders removed and its a non story in the press globally.

It's not exactly rocket science.

While I'm at it have a leaflet given to every new arrival at the airport and placed in every hotel room detailing the main dos and donts and avoid the main issues in the first place.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.