Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Helping Hands needs help ....

Helping Hands needs help ....

Old Dec 4th 2008, 4:05 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Helping Hands needs help ....

I have spoken to Elle this morning, they are in desperate need of cash donations. Literally hundreds of labourer's are losing their jobs and having to return to their home countries, many of who have only been here a few months. Imagine how devastated they must feel? their families were rejoicing a few months ago that they had had this lucky 'break', now their men are returning home. These men are literally devastated, there is mass depression in the camps and Elle and Roger are visiting with their Doctor trying to offer support.

The reason they are not taking clothing donations presently is that they have a huge backlog which they are wading through and distributing. What is needed now is cash, I know everyone is tightening their reigns but a 100 dhs can go a long long way for these men. Imagine being able to give them a phone card so they can contact their family, to hear a familiar voice at the end of a telephone line can often make such a huge difference to their mental wellbeing. Please dig deep and donate some cash to those less fortunate than ourselves.

Remember there is the facebook group - http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/gr...id=40452568988 - I will be updating this later.

I am happy to set up a collection point somewhere central for everyone and I am pretty sure Meow will help out too. Thanks for reading your support is great appreciated by Elle and Roger.
Old Dec 4th 2008, 4:46 am
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Helping Hands needs help ....

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
I have spoken to Elle this morning, they are in desperate need of cash donations. Literally hundreds of labourer's are losing their jobs and having to return to their home countries, many of who have only been here a few months. Imagine how devastated they must feel? their families were rejoicing a few months ago that they had had this lucky 'break', now their men are returning home. These men are literally devastated, there is mass depression in the camps and Elle and Roger are visiting with their Doctor trying to offer support.

The reason they are not taking clothing donations presently is that they have a huge backlog which they are wading through and distributing. What is needed now is cash, I know everyone is tightening their reigns but a 100 dhs can go a long long way for these men. Imagine being able to give them a phone card so they can contact their family, to hear a familiar voice at the end of a telephone line can often make such a huge difference to their mental wellbeing. Please dig deep and donate some cash to those less fortunate than ourselves.

Remember there is the facebook group - http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/gr...id=40452568988 - I will be updating this later.

I am happy to set up a collection point somewhere central for everyone and I am pretty sure Meow will help out too. Thanks for reading your support is great appreciated by Elle and Roger.
can you not sort out a website where you can donate via credit card?
Old Dec 4th 2008, 5:22 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Roger and Elle recently won an award for their wonderful work at the Inspire Dubai event. See link below.

http://www.timeoutdubai.com/dubai/fe...ew.php?id=4395

I am always available to assist Helping Hands...

-
Old Dec 4th 2008, 5:23 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Spugsy
can you not sort out a website where you can donate via credit card?
Helping Hands has a bank account, once I get the information I will pm it to those who need it. I think Indie Girl has the information.
Old Dec 4th 2008, 5:23 am
Concierge

I will be at Mall of the Emirates tomorrow morning at 11 am. Level 2, Carrefour Entrance for about half an hour, please come along if you want to donate.
Old Dec 4th 2008, 8:47 am
BE Forum Addict

IndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond repute

Hi - have been wiring money to her personal account, so can't provide details! Best for you to email her and ask how to get the money across.
Old Dec 4th 2008, 8:59 am
BE Forum Addict

al dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond repute

The poor buggers. We're trying to get meals sorted here in AD for the labour camps here but am happy to spread the word about the repatriation need in Dubai.

Can you possibly post the bank details up so that we can get people to do it direct?

Cheers
Old Dec 4th 2008, 9:45 am
BE Enthusiast

banter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by al dente
The poor buggers. We're trying to get meals sorted here in AD for the labour camps here but am happy to spread the word about the repatriation need in Dubai.

Can you possibly post the bank details up so that we can get people to do it direct?

Cheers
I have a paypal account BC if that is any use and then I can give you the cash x
Old Dec 4th 2008, 10:02 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Blue Cat

thanks for the info BC, will drop money roubnd to elle's villa...what's the deadline (is there one??), if anyone else wants me to take their donation, let me know...

MM, xx
Old Dec 5th 2008, 6:14 am
Concierge

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa
thanks for the info BC, will drop money roubnd to elle's villa...what's the deadline (is there one??), if anyone else wants me to take their donation, let me know...

MM, xx
anytime you can MM, that is fantastic, will get details of bank account and PM people. I don't know why this has been moved to the sand pit it is hardly inane chat or flirtatous drivvle
Old Dec 7th 2008, 3:26 am
Concierge

I will be at the Lakes Club from 11 am this morning if anyone wants to drop in to drop off their donation
Old Dec 23rd 2008, 10:03 am
Concierge

update, got a total of 6400 dhs in donations, will drop it off in the morning
Old Dec 23rd 2008, 3:42 pm
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

BC That's fantastic. Well done.

Sorry not helped out been a bit hectic with my own 'crisis' in AD.

Admon,

What assistance are you offering in AD? Is this in the musaffah area?

Well done both of you!!