Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Helping Hands Book/DVD Sale

Helping Hands Book/DVD Sale

Old Jul 27th 2009, 5:43 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Helping Hands Book/DVD Sale

Originally Posted by MataHari
lol...I don't own anything 'designer', it's all highstreet stuff but in good condition...
Now that I find hard to believe

I wrote it as 'designer' to mean decent brands, as opposed to cheap rubbish like New Look.

-
Old Jul 27th 2009, 5:48 am
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Meow

I wrote it as 'designer' to mean decent brands, as opposed to cheap rubbish like New Look.

-
it's true...I love finding 'cheap' stuff that looks like it's expensive, and I think I manage quite well (now that leaves me open for abuse, I realise that, lol)...

Forever 21 and Splash amongst their rubbish have some surprizingly good things for instance, but you need to take your time finding it...
Old Jul 27th 2009, 5:50 am
Account Closed

Emerald_Eyes is an unknown quantity at this point

-
I know what you mean. I've got two huge black bags full of clothes, some of which I have never worn, plus a bunch of clutches and handbags including a Furla bag still in good condition.

In London they organise these swap meets where women can bring their drycleaned clothes and swap them for other items. One woman's trash is another woman's treasure and all that!
Old Jul 27th 2009, 5:52 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MataHari
it's true...I love finding 'cheap' stuff that looks like it's expensive, and I think I manage quite well (now that leaves me open for abuse, I realise that, lol)...

Forever 21 and Splash amongst their rubbish have some surprizingly good things for instance, but you need to take your time finding it...
totally agree, I got a top in Max and everyone comments on it, 49 dhs!
Old Jul 27th 2009, 5:53 am
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Emerald_Eyes
I know what you mean. I've got two huge black bags full of clothes, some of which I have never worn, plus a bunch of clutches and handbags including a Furla bag still in good condition.

In London they organise these swap meets where women can bring their drycleaned clothes and swap them for other items. One woman's trash is another woman's treasure and all that!
well look at all the students back home, in particular fashion students, they go mad in the 2nd hand shops, I donated some stuff to them and I swear to god, I was out the next weekend and was standing next to a lad who was wearing one of my old t-shirts. Heh.
Old Jul 27th 2009, 5:56 am
Account Closed

Emerald_Eyes is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Spugsy
well look at all the students back home, in particular fashion students, they go mad in the 2nd hand shops, I donated some stuff to them and I swear to god, I was out the next weekend and was standing next to a lad who was wearing one of my old t-shirts. Heh.
I know. Dubai could really do with some cool vintage shops. Really miss those kind of stores in London.
Old Jul 27th 2009, 6:20 am
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Emerald_Eyes
I know. Dubai could really do with some cool vintage shops. Really miss those kind of stores in London.
yeah big time, it gives the place character.
Old Jul 27th 2009, 7:57 am
BE Enthusiast

Smoochy Girl has much to be proud ofSmoochy Girl has much to be proud ofSmoochy Girl has much to be proud ofSmoochy Girl has much to be proud ofSmoochy Girl has much to be proud ofSmoochy Girl has much to be proud ofSmoochy Girl has much to be proud ofSmoochy Girl has much to be proud ofSmoochy Girl has much to be proud ofSmoochy Girl has much to be proud ofSmoochy Girl has much to be proud of

Meow are Ductac giving you special permission to open on Friday morning?? They only open from 2 p.m. till 10.00p.m. on fridays.

This book sale will only work if people come in the morning. There will definitely be no parking in the afternoon - especially on a Friday. Blue Cat had to give me a lift last week on a Tuesday because the previous Tuesday at 2:30 it took me 45 minutes to park for my lesson at Ductac.

Sorry - I do not agree with this venue and everyone already knows we hold our book fairs at the Lakes. Doubt Ductac will bring enough people to net the thousands (not allowed to mention amounts) we've brought in the last 4 sales.

Just my humble opinion of course.
Old Jul 27th 2009, 7:59 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

As I keep saying, DUCTAC approached me. The management are friends and they want to support HH>

I give up trying to do something different and open it up to a new audience.

-
Old Jul 27th 2009, 8:17 am
BE Enthusiast

Smoochy Girl has much to be proud ofSmoochy Girl has much to be proud ofSmoochy Girl has much to be proud ofSmoochy Girl has much to be proud ofSmoochy Girl has much to be proud ofSmoochy Girl has much to be proud ofSmoochy Girl has much to be proud ofSmoochy Girl has much to be proud ofSmoochy Girl has much to be proud ofSmoochy Girl has much to be proud ofSmoochy Girl has much to be proud of

As I keep saying, DUCTAC approached me. The management are friends and they want to support HH>

I give up trying to do something different and open it up to a new audience.

-
Geez - how is it that every time I open my mouth, you jump down my throat?? I gave my opinion, just like everybody else did ........ and since my husband and I have done full days in the last fairs, and I've so far collected hundreds of books so far, I think I have a slight say in it.

But right now with all the trauma I've had in the last week from hell, for all I care?? You can do it all Meow!
Old Jul 27th 2009, 8:48 am
Bored liberal

You are in a bad mood Smoochy & I don't think it is anything to do with me. I most certainly have not 'jumped down your throat'.

No need to have a go at me when I am simply proposing something different.

The point of this thread is to help a worthwhile charity, not to have a hissy fit.

Last edited by Meow; Jul 27th 2009 at 9:11 am.
Old Jul 27th 2009, 9:35 am

rowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond repute

There will of course be car parking charges at MOE when the next book sale is on but you will get 4 hrs. Once the venue is confirmed then please let us know, there are positives and negatives to both venues.
Old Jul 27th 2009, 9:38 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Spugsy
I hear MM has at least 3 pair of stripper shoes she never wears anymore.
apart from when you come round...

MM, xx
Old Jul 27th 2009, 9:45 am
Bored liberal

Originally Posted by rowell
There will of course be car parking charges at MOE when the next book sale is on but you will get 4 hrs. Once the venue is confirmed then please let us know, there are positives and negatives to both venues.
The first three hours will be free.

-
Old Jul 27th 2009, 9:48 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

-
nooo...new look actually has some of the top designers of the moment designing for them...it's "affordable fashion", not cheap rubbish...

MM, xx

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.