Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

help to change Abercrombie & Fitch's brand message

Wikiposts

help to change Abercrombie & Fitch's brand message

Old May 15th 2013, 10:49 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141
Default Re: help to change Abercrombie & Fitch's brand message

Originally Posted by Ethos83
You know, Scamp.

You've made it clear you smoke a lot. You eat junk food. You're a right solid boozer. You don't exercise. You're heavy. You seem rather proud of it.

That's what I find curious about people with similar mindsets - they know what they do isn't healthy and that it will have detrimental consequences at some point but they somehow take pleasure in it. Is it their way of thumbing their noses at convention?

Of course it's people like me who'll end up being stuck with the NHS bills due to your early and painful deaths.
Woah woah.

I smoke - yes.
I eat junk food sometimes - once a week max, probably.
I drink at weekends, but rarely in the week.
I exercise rarely, sometimes swim, sometimes 5-a-side.
I am heavy, yes.

I am happy. I enjoy smoking, I enjoy a beer, I love a big mac when I'm in the mood for it and I don't particularly enjoy running for example.

I've always been a big lad, not obese, but big.

If I was desperate to change it because I wasn't happy, I sure as hell would. But right now, I'm very happy with how I look and feel. I'm confident and go out feeling good about myself.

That, incidentally, is not me thumbing nose at convention.

If you dislike the way I live my life or look or eat or drink or smoke then that is completely and utterly your problem. Not mine. Not one bit of your dislike at my lifestyle is my problem.

As for the NHS argument, that's just silly.
Old May 15th 2013, 10:50 pm
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Meow
You aren't obese, so if you want to be a bit thinner fine, but in my view it's better to be an interesting, intelligent person who enjoys some of the good things in life, than being a dull health freak.
Ok. How can I become an interesting, intelligent person?
Old May 15th 2013, 10:52 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy
With my shape? No. But as one friend said to me, "It obviously isn't that important to you otherwise you'd do something about it." = stop whingeing: either do something about it or accept it. Which was fair comment.
Your pal is exactly right.

You're not even a fat bloke anyway. Stop worrying BB.
Old May 15th 2013, 10:57 pm
Account Closed

Ethos83 is an unknown quantity at this point

See, it's the defensive bit.

When I smoked I didn't bang on about it on the forum.

Nor did I talk about what junk food to order for lunch, or the latest boozing session or how much I drank.

Perhaps you overdramatised it for the sake of prodding alive a dying thread but it still fell in with the pattern of a certain type of unhealthy person making lots of noise about being unhealthy and proud of it. It's just as annoying as a health freak making lots of noise about the lentils and tofu diet and jogging (or Commander's endless stories about training).

Perhaps
Originally Posted by Scamp
Woah woah.

I smoke - yes.
I eat junk food sometimes - once a week max, probably.
I drink at weekends, but rarely in the week.
I exercise rarely, sometimes swim, sometimes 5-a-side.
I am heavy, yes.

I am happy. I enjoy smoking, I enjoy a beer, I love a big mac when I'm in the mood for it and I don't particularly enjoy running for example.

I've always been a big lad, not obese, but big.

If I was desperate to change it because I wasn't happy, I sure as hell would. But right now, I'm very happy with how I look and feel. I'm confident and go out feeling good about myself.

That, incidentally, is not me thumbing nose at convention.

If you dislike the way I live my life or look or eat or drink or smoke then that is completely and utterly your problem. Not mine. Not one bit of your dislike at my lifestyle is my problem.

As for the NHS argument, that's just silly.
Old May 15th 2013, 11:01 pm
Account Closed

See, it's the defensive bit.

When I smoked I didn't bang on about it on the forum.

Nor did I talk about what junk food to order for lunch, or the latest boozing session or how much I drank.

Perhaps you overdramatised it for the sake of prodding alive a dying thread but it still fell in with the pattern of a certain type of unhealthy person making lots of noise about being unhealthy and proud of it. It's just as annoying as a health freak making lots of noise about the lentils and tofu diet and jogging (or Commander's endless stories about training).

Perhaps
Perhaps I'm an open person?
Perhaps I struggle to work when hungover and post more?
Perhaps you're very sensitive towards 'unhealthy' behavious?
Perhaps you notice these things and keep a mental tally of how healthy forum members are?
Peraphs it's completely irrelevant what you or I think about each other and the habits we have?

But anyway, we're just poking each other for reaction now. You skinny twat.
Old May 15th 2013, 11:03 pm
Account Closed

Ethos83 is an unknown quantity at this point

You can't poke me. There's no spare fat.

Perhaps you notice these things and keep a mental tally of how healthy forum members are?
Peraphs it's completely irrelevant what you or I think about each other and the habits we have?

Old May 15th 2013, 11:03 pm
Shark Fisherman

britexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond repute

Are health freaks as bad as religious freaks?
Old May 15th 2013, 11:08 pm
Account Closed

Hurts more doesn't it.
Old May 15th 2013, 11:08 pm
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by britexpat76
Are health freaks as bad as religious freaks?
No.

Health freaks tend not to stone, flog or blow up unhealthy people.
Old May 15th 2013, 11:10 pm
Shark Fisherman

britexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond repute

No.

Or make me eat tofu 5 times a day whilst facing the cabbage patch
Old May 15th 2013, 11:12 pm
Account Closed

No.

Valid point.

They're less offensive too because you know they make at least some sense based on some facts.
Old May 16th 2013, 6:50 pm
Forum Regular

Robajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud of

Some advice for the ladies...
Old May 17th 2013, 3:33 am

Kelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond repute

I love a man who has a bit of meat on them scamp you sound gorgeous

I did go out with a skinny lad once when I was younger it was quite handy as I could borrow his jeans
Old May 17th 2013, 3:42 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kelli28

I did go out with a skinny lad once when I was younger it was quite handy as I could borrow his jeans
Yes, but did he borrow your clothes?
Old May 17th 2013, 3:55 am

Kelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by OleJanx
Yes, but did he borrow your clothes?
No, not that I'm aware of anyway

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.