Heeeelllllppppp!

Old Feb 14th 2008, 11:07 am

Coxy the Bear is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Heeeelllllppppp!

Tell me all of Dubai isn't like Al Sharjah?! That's where I'm stuck for the next month, or until I find somewhere to rent.........Could put a guy right off! Can't even buy a map of the place. Think I need to head to somewhere with a few Brits tonight, any suggestions?!
Old Feb 14th 2008, 11:08 am
BE Forum Addict

arbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Heeeelllllppppp!

Originally Posted by Coxy the Bear
Tell me all of Dubai isn't like Al Sharjah?! That's where I'm stuck for the next month, or until I find somewhere to rent.........Could put a guy right off! Can't even buy a map of the place. Think I need to head to somewhere with a few Brits tonight, any suggestions?!

Imperial Suits, Bur Dubai, be there or wear flairs
Old Feb 14th 2008, 11:09 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

it's dry over there as well !
Old Feb 14th 2008, 11:10 am

Originally Posted by arbroath_abroad
Imperial Suits, Bur Dubai, be there or wear flairs
Dress code address.....god you can tell I'm desperate! LOL

And yes, it is dry here!
Old Feb 14th 2008, 11:12 am
BE Forum Addict

arbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond repute

Dress code address.....god you can tell I'm desperate! LOL

And yes, it is dry here!
start in Jockeys opposite the Ramada.....

Dress code, casual, preferably with some clothes on...
Old Feb 14th 2008, 11:14 am

Originally Posted by arbroath_abroad
start in Jockeys opposite the Ramada.....

Dress code, casual, preferably with some clothes on...
Right, Jockeys, Bur Dubai it is then! Thanks fella, god I need a drink! LOL been a stressfull 24 hours!
Old Feb 14th 2008, 11:21 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

Right, Jockeys, Bur Dubai it is then! Thanks fella, god I need a drink! LOL been a stressfull 24 hours!
or PM JVR to meet up in Sharjah for a cup of tea!

if you go to Jockey's / Imperial Suites or York Hotel expect to get a dose!

you may find you'll have problems getting into Dubai tonight. Cabbies probably wont take you because they are not allowed to pick up passengers for the return leg!

ESCAPE Sharjah asap

or see if you can get in down at the Sharjah Wanderers Sports Club, the only place allowed to sell booze in the Emirate
Old Feb 14th 2008, 11:23 am

So if I get a cab there, can I get one back?
Old Feb 14th 2008, 11:23 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

Unless you wanna get eye-balled all night by strange oriental women, you might find the Irish Village not only more suitable but also on your side of the creek.
Old Feb 14th 2008, 11:25 am
BE Forum Addict

hang on guys, you saying to avoid Jockeys?

Its a great place.....
Old Feb 14th 2008, 11:26 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lionheart
Unless you wanna get eye-balled all night by strange oriental women, you might find the Irish Village not only more suitable but also on your side of the creek.
in which case he will get eye-balled by strange occidental women!
Old Feb 14th 2008, 11:27 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

So if I get a cab there, can I get one back?
you will have the same problem.
taxis from one emirate can take customers to another emirate but cannot pick up a fare from the other emirate for the return. so not impossible but difficult!
Old Feb 14th 2008, 11:29 am

Originally Posted by Inselaffen
you will have the same problem.
taxis from one emirate can take customers to another emirate but cannot pick up a fare from the other emirate for the return. so not impossible but difficult!

Ah, I see, so in effect could end up getting stung for 2 return fares? What sort of money am I looking at? Where is the Irish District?
Old Feb 14th 2008, 11:34 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ah, I see, so in effect could end up getting stung for 2 return fares? What sort of money am I looking at? Where is the Irish District?
have no idea. I try not to venture into Sharjah.

The Irish Village is a pub in Garhoud. your side of the Dubai Creek.
but the creek isnt a problem coming from sharjah in th eevening anyway.

you could also try Waxxy O'Connors which is an Irish pub near Port Rashid in Dubai. It is close to Jockey's, Imperial Suites, Rockafellas, York Hotel etc if that type of entertainment takes your fancy.

I will be otherwise occupied tonight otherwise would offer to meetup and have a pint.
Old Feb 14th 2008, 11:35 am

Originally Posted by Inselaffen
have no idea. I try not to venture into Sharjah.

The Irish Village is a pub in Garhoud. your side of the Dubai Creek.
but the creek isnt a problem coming from sharjah in th eevening anyway.

you could also try Waxxy O'Connors which is an Irish pub near Port Rashid in Dubai. It is close to Jockey's, Imperial Suites, Rockafellas, York Hotel etc if that type of entertainment takes your fancy.

I will be otherwise occupied tonight otherwise would offer to meetup and have a pint.

Cheers fella! Good luck with tonight!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.