Heaven or Hell?

Old Jun 19th 2011, 4:06 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141
Default Heaven or Hell?

Right,

Was listening to that happy-clappy Streets song; 'Heaven for the weather' and for those that don't know the general point is that he'd rather go to heaven for weather, hell for the company.

Got me thinking.

All things equal, no eternal damnation, no pits of fire and lava etc, would you rather spend let's say a month with people from heaven or people from hell?

Talking famous faces so it's a little subjective but think Mother T in the North, Hitler in the South sort of thing.

Personally I think I'd be tempted with the hell.
Old Jun 19th 2011, 5:17 am
BE Forum Addict

Boomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Heaven or Hell?

Well if you take out the suffering aspect of Hell (eternal damnation , pits of fire etc...) then what difference is there between Heaven and Hell?
Old Jun 19th 2011, 5:25 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by Boomhauer
Well if you take out the suffering aspect of Hell (eternal damnation , pits of fire etc...) then what difference is there between Heaven and Hell?
It's more about who would you rather spend time with and talk to.

Those you expect to be sentenced to hell, or those taken to heaven (bearing in mind that IMO neither exist, it's just a question of would you rather talk to someone evil or good...)
Old Jun 19th 2011, 5:31 am
Forum Regular

mummy2dolly is a jewel in the roughmummy2dolly is a jewel in the roughmummy2dolly is a jewel in the roughmummy2dolly is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Scamp

Those you expect to be sentenced to hell, or those taken to heaven (bearing in mind that IMO neither exist, it's just a question of would you rather talk to someone evil or good...)
There's no guarantee that those in Heaven are *good*, they may well have just been bright enough to *repent* before they shuffled.....
Old Jun 19th 2011, 6:00 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute

Ok I don't believe in either being an atheist, but if I was going for a chat Im sure hell would be a lot mroe interesting.
Old Jun 19th 2011, 6:08 am
BE Forum Addict

Boomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond repute

Ok I'd spend time talking with those who lost out to stronger forces, as history is written by the winners.
Old Jun 19th 2011, 6:11 am

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute

Right,

Was listening to that happy-clappy Streets song; 'Heaven for the weather' and for those that don't know the general point is that he'd rather go to heaven for weather, hell for the company.

Got me thinking.

All things equal, no eternal damnation, no pits of fire and lava etc, would you rather spend let's say a month with people from heaven or people from hell?

Talking famous faces so it's a little subjective but think Mother T in the North, Hitler in the South sort of thing.

Personally I think I'd be tempted with the hell.
Neither exist, indeed Hell isn't mentioned in the bible anywhere and is the name of a Norse Goddess and Norse underworld (Hel). The bible states that everyone who goes to heaven would be changed to be like angels and will spend eternity feeding god's ego with worship...sounds great.

But that aside a wise man once said "In heaven all the interesting people are missing" - so I'd take Hell. If given a wider choice though I'll take Valhöll (Valhalla) as I can spend eternity drinking and eating wild boar.

N.
Old Jun 19th 2011, 6:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

seven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond repute

I'd choose wherever Charlie Chaplin, Nils Bohr, Belushi and Clarence Clemons end up. At least I won't stand out so much because of my charm, talent, intelligence and humour.

I would also make sure I end up wherever binladin is, so I can kick all his teeth out and make him swallow them one by one...
Old Jun 19th 2011, 11:24 pm
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Having endured 5 freezing days in the UK so far I'd pick hell as at least it'd be warm.

And that's where my friends and the interesting folk would be. I've never been much of a fan of harps either.
Old Jun 20th 2011, 1:25 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute
Wink Re: Heaven or Hell?

If you take hell to be the place sinners go to according to the bibles code then heaven is going to be very sparsely populated.

It doesn't pay to look too closely at how you get in however:
“The Son of Man will send his angels, and they will gather from his kingdom everything that causes sin as well as all lawbreakers” so simply not sinning yourself isn’t enough to stay out .
“Then books were opened, and another book was opened – the book of life. So the dead were judged by what was written in the books, according to their deeds…If anyone’s name was not found written in the book of life, that person was thrown into the lake of fire.” I hope there is someone else out there with the same name as me that hasn’t sinned .

I could change my name to Lot just to aid in my endeavor of getting into heaven?
“Name please”
Me: “Lot”
“Lot who got drunk and incestuously slept with his oldest daughters, then did exactly the same with his younger daughter the very next night?”
Me: “Look mate, we’ve all done some silly things when drunk”
“Lot who had previously offered a vigilante crowed his engaged virgin daughters to be raped?”
Me: “Are you going to let me in or do I need to talk to the manager? We’re old friends from way back you know”
Old Jun 20th 2011, 1:54 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute
Wink Re: Heaven or Hell?

Actually it looks like his daughters where fatties, there is no way I'd be reduced to that...or growing a beard.

Except this one where his daughter appears to actually be a man:

Muller Jan Harmensz - 1600 (Only 4pm in the afternoon and he is already drinking! Martini by the look of it). There are two things I like about this. Foot fetish wasn’t a modern invention and the mother (who suggested the incest after all) is looking in which is a strange sort of primitive voyeurism really.

Orazio Gentileschi - 1621 (21 mins later and he has already clapped out, typical man in bed really ).

Now I fear I’ve went and should apologize, my abuse of art is inexcusable.
Old Jun 20th 2011, 4:13 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by seven seas
I'd choose wherever Charlie Chaplin, Nils Bohr, Belushi and Clarence Clemons end up. At least I won't stand out so much because of my charm, talent, intelligence and humour.

I would also make sure I end up wherever binladin is, so I can kick all his teeth out and make him swallow them one by one...
Maybe pick someone really humble too to hide that?
Old Jun 20th 2011, 7:29 am

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Charismatic
Actually it looks like his daughters where fatties, there is no way I'd be reduced to that...or growing a beard.

Except this one where his daughter appears to actually be a man:
http://www.terminartors.com/files/ar..._Daughters.jpg
Muller Jan Harmensz - 1600 (Only 4pm in the afternoon and he is already drinking! Martini by the look of it). There are two things I like about this. Foot fetish wasn’t a modern invention and the mother (who suggested the incest after all) is looking in which is a strange sort of primitive voyeurism really.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...x-Lot_daug.jpg
Orazio Gentileschi - 1621 (21 mins later and he has already clapped out, typical man in bed really ).

Now I fear I’ve went and should apologize, my abuse of art is inexcusable.
Are those all original photos from the time of the actual events then?

N.
Old Jun 20th 2011, 8:09 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute

Actually it looks like his daughters where fatties, there is no way I'd be reduced to that...
Charismatic- I assume your username is ironic- perhaps charmless would have been more apt...
Old Jun 20th 2011, 10:28 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Smile Re: Heaven or Hell?

Originally Posted by Norm_uk
Are those all original photos from the time of the actual events then?
Seeing as not one had built a DMC-12 yet and the flux capacitor hadn't been invented it's unlikely. An illistrated bible would have had interesting implications for art though.
Originally Posted by kittycat1
Charismatic- I assume your username is ironic- perhaps charmless would have been more apt...
The bit about the oil painted ladies bothered you most, not the incest bit? Luckily being charmless won't get me disbarred from hell so I might keep going for you.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.