Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Health certificate for visa

Health certificate for visa

Old Sep 5th 2021, 6:03 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Health certificate for visa

After 15 years, it is looking like I'm going to be leaving shortly. I've decided to look at Spain for my next move and as part of the visa requirements need to get a health check done.

Does anyone know where I can get a Health Check & Certificate that will be accepted by the Spanish?
Old Sep 7th 2021, 1:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

DXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Health certificate for visa

Originally Posted by Millhouse
After 15 years, it is looking like I'm going to be leaving shortly. I've decided to look at Spain for my next move and as part of the visa requirements need to get a health check done.

Does anyone know where I can get a Health Check & Certificate that will be accepted by the Spanish?
Ah. Returning to civilisation, eh? Although at times I wonder if the UAE is the more civilised place to be these days.

Can't help your particular query, but why not try contacting the Spanish embassy in Abu Dhabi? Pages - Consular Services

Surely someone there can help with your questions.

Where in Spain? I really like Granada and Seville.

Old Sep 7th 2021, 5:43 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DXBtoDOH
Ah. Returning to civilisation, eh? Although at times I wonder if the UAE is the more civilised place to be these days.

Can't help your particular query, but why not try contacting the Spanish embassy in Abu Dhabi? Pages - Consular Services

Surely someone there can help with your questions.

Where in Spain? I really like Granada and Seville.
Thanks - I've tried that avenue but they operate just like any other embassy here... I'm trying to get an answer from an lawyer.

Costa del sol with Del boy.

Old Sep 8th 2021, 7:44 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

What visa requirement?

Weirdly, she's keen on Spain as well and I reckon I could get a transfer there somehow. Business language is English so I can go and get stuck in and pick Spanish back up (and get better) over time.

If you're leaving this place then it means it might be time to go.
Old Sep 8th 2021, 10:49 am
Knee deep and rising

weasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks - I've tried that avenue but they operate just like any other embassy here... I'm trying to get an answer from an lawyer.

Costa del sol with Del boy.
Spain must be empty now that the leather skinned egg and chips brigade have been brexited back to blighty
Old Sep 8th 2021, 10:59 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by weasel decentral
Spain must be empty now that the leather skinned egg and chips brigade have been brexited back to blighty
Don't worry, they were swiftly replaced by similar looking Germans and Dutch.
Old Sep 8th 2021, 11:03 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Scamp
What visa requirement?

Weirdly, she's keen on Spain as well and I reckon I could get a transfer there somehow. Business language is English so I can go and get stuck in and pick Spanish back up (and get better) over time.

If you're leaving this place then it means it might be time to go.
Well thanks to Brexit, living there is not so easy anymore. I need the same set of visas etc as anyone else. You basically have four visa options (1. Marry a European, 2. Get a job and be sponsored [hard], 3. invest 500k EUR on housing or 1M in cash at a bank, or 4. apply for the non-working visa and not work there.) Another Brexit casualty is that I need to take a driving test (in Spanish) within 6 months if I wish to keep driving. The 500k in housing is actually 600k once you factor in the taxes on buying a house.

Business language being English is hard to believe.

Old Sep 8th 2021, 11:47 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Don't worry, they were swiftly replaced by similar looking Germans and Dutch.
Amen to that.

Well thanks to Brexit, living there is not so easy anymore. I need the same set of visas etc as anyone else. You basically have four visa options (1. Marry a European, 2. Get a job and be sponsored [hard], 3. invest 500k EUR on housing or 1M in cash at a bank, or 4. apply for the non-working visa and not work there.) Another Brexit casualty is that I need to take a driving test (in Spanish) within 6 months if I wish to keep driving. The 500k in housing is actually 600k once you factor in the taxes on buying a house.

Business language being English is hard to believe.
Interesting, thanks.
The language bit is the only concern to be honest. My Spanish was rusty to be generous, but was surprised at how much I remembered from school.
Business language is English, but I'm sure day to day in Spain they don't speak English to each other, just when they need to.
Old Sep 8th 2021, 11:51 am
Knee deep and rising

weasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
Amen to that.

Interesting, thanks.
The language bit is the only concern to be honest. My Spanish was rusty to be generous, but was surprised at how much I remembered from school.
Business language is English, but I'm sure day to day in Spain they don't speak English to each other, just when they need to.
I deal with my company's Spanish overlords on an almost daily basis -English is definitely patchy and this is with guys forced to work through English