Guantanamo Bay

Old Feb 24th 2009, 6:06 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Guantanamo Bay

Originally Posted by AngloDreamer
well he certainly was no innocent!
he travelled to one of the largest drug producing regions to kick his habit and then was arrested trying to fly out of Pakistan on a false passport!
Old Feb 24th 2009, 6:08 am
BE Enthusiast

Bambi in Abu Dhabi is a splendid one to beholdBambi in Abu Dhabi is a splendid one to beholdBambi in Abu Dhabi is a splendid one to beholdBambi in Abu Dhabi is a splendid one to beholdBambi in Abu Dhabi is a splendid one to beholdBambi in Abu Dhabi is a splendid one to beholdBambi in Abu Dhabi is a splendid one to beholdBambi in Abu Dhabi is a splendid one to beholdBambi in Abu Dhabi is a splendid one to beholdBambi in Abu Dhabi is a splendid one to beholdBambi in Abu Dhabi is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Shadya
I never did understand why the USA have a prison in Cuba which is basically anti-American isn't it? Presumably something dating back to the Cuban missile crisis. Grandad will no doubt enlighten me.
Guantanemo Bay is basically a piece of America. It was given to the US as part of the 1903 Cuban-American Treaty, although the Cubans have been trying to kick them out for years. The advantage for the US is that it does not fall under US law, so they can do things there prohibited by US law, such as torture people.

Incidentally, does anyone remember that song, "Guantanemerra"? That was about Guantanemo Bay.
Old Feb 24th 2009, 4:54 pm
same shit different day

Slingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bambi in Abu Dhabi
Incidentally, does anyone remember that song, "Guantanemerra"? That was about Guantanemo Bay.
yes - danced to it in Cuba
Old Feb 25th 2009, 9:58 am
BE Forum Addict

Cham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to behold

I'm sure I heard on the news yesterday that spain would be taking some of the prisoners...

it kinda defeats the point of closing it down though if you're just moving them to a different place to torture them
Old Feb 25th 2009, 10:19 am
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cham128
I'm sure I heard on the news yesterday that spain would be taking some of the prisoners...

it kinda defeats the point of closing it down though if you're just moving them to a different place to torture them
maybe they'll just let them go to the beach for a bit then let them go?
Old Feb 25th 2009, 10:37 am
Go on.. Pull my finger..

TGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Spugsy
maybe they'll just let them go to the beach for a bit then let them go?
Send them to Thailand... Looking at the reports of Myanmar refugees, it appears that the Thai army know exactly how to handle people in this situation...