Groper -v- Liar

Old Nov 9th 2016, 11:35 am
Knee deep and rising

weasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Groper -v- Liar

Originally Posted by Millhouse
Exactly. Trump comes with passion. Killery was just always so cold and calculating. Always trying to position herself, it was painful to watch.
As an aside for you financial types; I woke up this morning to find that 500 and 1000 rupee notes (normal cash transaction denominations) were declared non legal tender overnight (except being traded into banks from tomorrow at restricted quantities ), atms locked down and the banks closed for one day.
Can you imagine the bedlam? Yes that actually happened today in incredible India

Last edited by weasel decentral; Nov 9th 2016 at 11:38 am.
Old Nov 9th 2016, 11:58 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by weasel decentral
As an aside for you financial types; I woke up this morning to find that 500 and 1000 rupee notes (normal cash transaction denominations) were declared non legal tender overnight (except being traded into banks from tomorrow at restricted quantities ), atms locked down and the banks closed for one day.
Can you imagine the bedlam? Yes that actually happened today in incredible India
I heard ... to stop black market money / tax evasion on houses apparently
Old Nov 9th 2016, 12:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

Boomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond repute

So: is picking Trump the American Brexit?
Old Nov 9th 2016, 12:17 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boomhauer
So: is picking Trump the American Brexit?
I guess so, it's like a bigger, brasher, less classy version. So yes, an American version of it.
Old Nov 9th 2016, 4:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

Boomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Norm_uk
Picking Trump doesn't decouple the US from foreign rule or union. It's completely different to Brexit except perhaps that the disenfranchised working classes (white and non-white) have told metropolitan elites what they think of identity politics, mass immigration, virtue signalling and being abandoned and despised by the Left for far too long.

N
I meant it metaphorically , i.e. : It was populist outrage at globalism ,the establishment and a shift towards nationalism. I'll also add I do not attach negative or positive connotations to Nationalism .
Old Nov 10th 2016, 8:03 am
BE Forum Addict

DXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond repute

Hmm.

I was watching the exchange rates yesterday. The euro went from basically 1.114ish USD to the euro to as high as 1.13, but today it's down to 1.09 euro to the USD.

So the euro is actually weaker (ever so albeit) against the dollar than it was before the election

That tells me things will be fine. The market doesn't fear Trump (so far!)
Old Nov 10th 2016, 8:22 am
Forum Regular

lightandbitter2 has a reputation beyond reputelightandbitter2 has a reputation beyond reputelightandbitter2 has a reputation beyond reputelightandbitter2 has a reputation beyond reputelightandbitter2 has a reputation beyond reputelightandbitter2 has a reputation beyond reputelightandbitter2 has a reputation beyond reputelightandbitter2 has a reputation beyond reputelightandbitter2 has a reputation beyond reputelightandbitter2 has a reputation beyond reputelightandbitter2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DXBtoDOH
Hmm.

I was watching the exchange rates yesterday. The euro went from basically 1.114ish USD to the euro to as high as 1.13, but today it's down to 1.09 euro to the USD.

So the euro is actually weaker (ever so albeit) against the dollar than it was before the election

That tells me things will be fine. The market doesn't fear Trump (so far!)
Market is working on the basis he is going to throw trillions into rebuilding the country, ramping up inflation, plus the threat of December rate rise has gone.

Market is massively overbought now. The democunts will also want to make things difficult for him come January so expect this to come back down.
Old Nov 10th 2016, 2:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

IKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond repute

WOW - United States of America showed what real democracy is.

Imagine that you have almost all the media on your side, the tv channels, the news, the talk shows, the hosts, the newspapers, all the previous presidents, the current president, bankers, executives, all the world most famous artists such as Beyonce, Jay-Z, Madonna, J Lo, Lady Gaga, Katy Perry, the Hollywood actors, the whole Kardashian family (All of them average more than 50 Million followers mostly from US), you got all the media around the world work in your favor, even half of your opposition party is in someway on your side and you yourself are the most qualified presidential candidate in the history and you are super connected, you are part of the establishment for over decades, you are part of the inner circle, you are above the law, got all the charges against you to drop, deleted all the emails that would be bad for you and have the wall street behind you and your campaign is even getting funded by foreign governments such as Saudi Arabia and Qatar that you have made dodgy deals with who gave you crazy amount of money, you have paid everyone, made a secret deal with your strongest opponent and you got all the fake polls on your side with a 84% chance to win.......

BUT you still loose - (The power of peoples vote - REAL DEMOCRACY - seeing through the fake Hillary and the establishment and not being brainwashed by all the media people - Let's just hope the less bad option will not be a puppet and part of the same system, lets hope that he is crazy enough to go against the system all the way and stop collaborating with foreign countries that directly support terrorist groups and are against everything US stands for - Democracy, Human Rights, Freedom of Speech. (I'm not standing behind any of Trumps specific comments or actions as a person.

I'm not an American citizen but every international decision or deal US government make, affects most of the countries around the world, even us here in small UK)
Old Nov 11th 2016, 1:43 am
BE Forum Addict

csdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond repute

From what I gather, Clinton actually got more votes than Trump. So the power of the people didn't really work, in that the person who most people voted for didn't win the election.
Old Nov 11th 2016, 1:57 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by csdf
From what I gather, Clinton actually got more votes than Trump. So the power of the people didn't really work, in that the person who most people voted for didn't win the election.
Yes she did but the US political system is such a ****** up and corrupt system...go figure. They are so arrogant they still think they can teach the world a thing or two.
Old Nov 11th 2016, 4:36 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

A bit like Bush in 2000 then
Old Nov 11th 2016, 4:58 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

no different to what can happen in the UK.
That's the system and Clinton supporters would not be complaining if it had worked in her favour.
Old Nov 11th 2016, 9:59 am
BE Enthusiast

Pongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond repute