British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Grim Weekend (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/grim-weekend-726115/)

seven seas Jul 24th 2011 2:05 pm

Re: Grim Weekend

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 9515722)
The UAE pays al Qaeda to keep away (allegedly), but that wouldn't stop one random nutter at a major sporting event ...

AlQaeda isn't run from an underwater HQ where they have swordfish patrolling the perimeter and the OBL watching a floor-to-ceiling monitor and a map of the world on a large table in the middle.

Their operations are now totally decentralised and the terrorist acts are planned and financed independently, by people with no links to the top leadership, or the Tora Bora 12 as we call them. I know.

There is no way paying anyone now would stop this kind of thing. What stops it is vigilance and sheer hard work.

Blue Cat Jul 24th 2011 2:36 pm

Originally Posted by seven seas (Post 9515802)
AlQaeda isn't run from an underwater HQ where they have swordfish patrolling the perimeter and the OBL watching a floor-to-ceiling monitor and a map of the world on a large table in the middle.

Their operations are now totally decentralised and the terrorist acts are planned and financed independently, by people with no links to the top leadership, or the Tora Bora 12 as we call them. I know.

There is no way paying anyone now would stop this kind of thing. What stops it is vigilance and sheer hard work.

and laundering their money for them ...

The wicked lady Jul 24th 2011 5:49 pm

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 9515856)
and laundering their money for them ...

I have copied your posts I’m sure the relevant authorities will be very interested to read your comments.

seven seas Jul 24th 2011 8:01 pm

There is no central bank account, or accounts, that Alqaeda use to hand out money to terrorists, so it's impossible to launder money like that, because of the very nature of the enemy and how it has changed..

The atrocities in Madrid are an example of this- the animals responsible had no link of any kind to Alqaeda 'leadership'. Apart from being inspired by them, and seeing/hearing recordings, nothing at all. Oh yeah, and being worthless excuses for human beings, of course.

The kind of scum we are talking about, they hope to inspire others with their actions, and would consider any kind of agreement with any government an unforgivable compromise. Even their relationship with the Taliban was very uncomfortable and they were barely tolerated. Now they would not honour any agreement, or instruction from above. There has been in fact no 'up above' in that group, since about ten years ago, and no real network as such.

Autonomy Jul 24th 2011 8:32 pm

Originally Posted by The wicked lady (Post 9516133)
I have copied your posts I’m sure the relevant authorities will be very interested to read your comments.

grow up.

Blue Cat Jul 25th 2011 8:25 am

Originally Posted by The wicked lady (Post 9516133)

http://ipsnews.net/news.asp?idnews=36982

The system attracted attention when the United States pointed out that chief terror suspect Osama bin Laden's al-Qaeda network transferred funds through hawala and cited the UAE as a transit point from where most of the money spent by terrorists for the 9/11 operations was reportedly transferred.

show them this as well ;)

soukie Jul 25th 2011 8:26 am

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 9517114)
http://ipsnews.net/news.asp?idnews=36982

The system attracted attention when the United States pointed out that chief terror suspect Osama bin Laden's al-Qaeda network transferred funds through hawala and cited the UAE as a transit point from where most of the money spent by terrorists for the 9/11 operations was reportedly transferred.

show them this as well ;)

:thumbsup:

Blue Cat Jul 25th 2011 8:36 am

Originally Posted by soukie (Post 9517115)
:thumbsup:

she must have thought I made it up :o

The wicked lady Jul 25th 2011 8:51 am

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 9515722)
The UAE pays al Qaeda to keep away (allegedly), but that wouldn't stop one random nutter at a major sporting event ...

So Blue cat where is the link to this statement? Transferring and paying are very different accusations. :rofl:

The wicked lady Jul 25th 2011 8:52 am

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 9517134)
she must have thought I made it up :o

Or mindless gossip? :zzz:

Blue Cat Jul 25th 2011 8:52 am

Originally Posted by The wicked lady (Post 9517164)
So Blue cat where is the link to this statement? Transfering and paying are very different accusations. :rofl:

do you understand what allegedly means?

The wicked lady Jul 25th 2011 8:53 am

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 9517168)
do you understand what allegedly means?

Do you understand what transferred means?:eek:

Spugsy Jul 25th 2011 8:56 am

Originally Posted by The wicked lady (Post 9517171)
Do you understand what transferred means?:eek:

Please leave.

The wicked lady Jul 25th 2011 8:57 am

Originally Posted by Spugsy (Post 9517175)
Please leave.

:rofl:

Meow Jul 25th 2011 10:11 am

What's the point of people who join and post in forums purely to be contrary? It's so very dull. I think EW is the natural home of ill-informed posts and general stirring to annoy people with idiotic nonsense.