gravy

Old May 3rd 2009, 1:28 pm
Account Closed

Emerald_Eyes is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: gravy

This is my gravy: roast the following together with the meat, olive oil and a small knob of butter: if chicken or turkey all the giblets, 2 quartered red onions, several whole garlics still in their skins, several sticks of thyme or rosemary, garlic salt and pepper. When the roast is done, take it out of roasting tin. If any juice drains out of the meat add it to the gravy. Remove the giblets, the herb sticks, remove the skins from the garlic and then give the gravy a good stir in the tin on the hob on a low heat. Add 1 pint of chicken, lamb or beef stock and simmer. Mix several teaspoons of cornflower with cold water - my mum always adds 1 teaspoon of bisto to this mixture. Then add the mixture to the gravy and stir with a whisk to remove any lumps while the gravy thickens.
Old May 3rd 2009, 1:30 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Emerald_Eyes
This is my gravy: roast the following together with the meat, olive oil and a small knob of butter: if chicken or turkey all the giblets, 2 quartered red onions, several whole garlics still in their skins, several sticks of thyme or rosemary, garlic salt and pepper. When the roast is done, take it out of roasting tin. If any juice drains out of the meat add it to the gravy. Remove the giblets, the herb sticks, remove the skins from the garlic and then give the gravy a good stir in the tin on the hob on a low heat. Add 1 pint of chicken, lamb or beef stock and simmer. Mix several teaspoons of cornflower with cold water - my mum always adds 1 teaspoon of bisto to this mixture. Then add the mixture to the gravy and stir with a whisk to remove any lumps while the gravy thickens.
Old May 3rd 2009, 2:02 pm
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by seraphnina
LOL thats what we use.
I have to say, if I get some chips in I use chicken bisto on my chips.

Now on a proper sundat roast chicken dinner, then we're talking proper, nice, thick gravy....mmmmm!
Old May 3rd 2009, 2:02 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
keep it simple, or you'll just use bisto...inselaffen's instructions are the best, add white or red wine as well as stock to make it extra yummy...oh, and if it's a white meat, you'll need to get gravy browning or it looks horrible...

MM, xx
Old May 3rd 2009, 2:17 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa
keep it simple, or you'll just use bisto...inselaffen's instructions are the best, add white or red wine as well as stock to make it extra yummy...oh, and if it's a white meat, you'll need to get gravy browning or it looks horrible...

MM, xx
bisto is gravy browning, I am not talking about the stuff you add hot water too
Old May 3rd 2009, 3:02 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

bisto is gravy browning, I am not talking about the stuff you add hot water too
no, bisto has thickeners and all sorts in, gravy browning is literally just that...

MM, xx
Old May 3rd 2009, 3:50 pm
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

no, bisto has thickeners and all sorts in, gravy browning is literally just that...

MM, xx
she's right you know....
Old May 3rd 2009, 5:25 pm
why ayeeeee man!

I'm working late, so just ordered KFC and covered it in gravy.

Mmmm.
Old May 3rd 2009, 5:45 pm
???

moto111 is a splendid one to beholdmoto111 is a splendid one to beholdmoto111 is a splendid one to beholdmoto111 is a splendid one to beholdmoto111 is a splendid one to beholdmoto111 is a splendid one to beholdmoto111 is a splendid one to beholdmoto111 is a splendid one to beholdmoto111 is a splendid one to beholdmoto111 is a splendid one to beholdmoto111 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Spugsy

Mmmm.

yukkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk
Old May 3rd 2009, 7:55 pm
Forum Regular

camel jockey is a name known to allcamel jockey is a name known to allcamel jockey is a name known to allcamel jockey is a name known to allcamel jockey is a name known to allcamel jockey is a name known to allcamel jockey is a name known to allcamel jockey is a name known to allcamel jockey is a name known to allcamel jockey is a name known to allcamel jockey is a name known to all

Easy as..

2 x Maggi Vege stock cubes & 1 litre of boiling water in a blender.. add worcestershire sauce (how much you feel), teaspoon of what ever mustard you have laying about & flour (depending on how thick you want to make it).

For an extra bit if you can be bothered, saute some sliced onions and voila.. gravy!
Old May 3rd 2009, 8:16 pm
why ayeeeee man!

Originally Posted by camel jockey
Easy as..

2 x Maggi Vege stock cubes & 1 litre of boiling water in a blender.. add worcestershire sauce (how much you feel), teaspoon of what ever mustard you have laying about & flour (depending on how thick you want to make it).

For an extra bit if you can be bothered, saute some sliced onions and voila.. gravy!
my dear god, that is NOT how you make gravy.
Old May 3rd 2009, 8:31 pm
???

moto111 is a splendid one to beholdmoto111 is a splendid one to beholdmoto111 is a splendid one to beholdmoto111 is a splendid one to beholdmoto111 is a splendid one to beholdmoto111 is a splendid one to beholdmoto111 is a splendid one to beholdmoto111 is a splendid one to beholdmoto111 is a splendid one to beholdmoto111 is a splendid one to beholdmoto111 is a splendid one to behold

my dear god, that is NOT how you make gravy.
you order it from KFC....
Old May 4th 2009, 3:20 am
BE Enthusiast

seraphnina is a glorious beacon of lightseraphnina is a glorious beacon of lightseraphnina is a glorious beacon of lightseraphnina is a glorious beacon of lightseraphnina is a glorious beacon of lightseraphnina is a glorious beacon of lightseraphnina is a glorious beacon of lightseraphnina is a glorious beacon of lightseraphnina is a glorious beacon of lightseraphnina is a glorious beacon of lightseraphnina is a glorious beacon of light

Mmmm.

Do KFC do gravy?

Have you seen how the chickens are treated?
Old May 4th 2009, 3:23 am
Concierge

MM, xx
so what make of gravy browning can you get here? I have never seen anything other than Bisto.
Old May 4th 2009, 4:14 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

so what make of gravy browning can you get here? I have never seen anything other than Bisto.
it's liquid (just looks like brown water) and comes in a bottle, spinneys always stock it, not sure what make it is...

MM, xx

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.