British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Government services (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/government-services-928348/)

Millhouse Oct 7th 2019 8:14 am

Government services

I must say that the government here never fails to impress me. They are so efficient.

I raised a complaint with the food authority last night at 11 pm (they have a 24-hour call centre number) and was told that they actually close at 10 pm but someone would be in contact in the morning. 7:45 am this morning they called me and came straightway to collect the samples for testing and follow up with the retailer. So efficient, so impressed - I find it hard to believe that anywhere in the west would be this effective.

co durham boy Oct 7th 2019 10:27 am

Re: Government services

Originally Posted by Millhouse (Post 12744916)
I must say that the government here never fails to impress me. They are so efficient.

I raised a complaint with the food authority last night at 11 pm (they have a 24-hour call centre number) and was told that they actually close at 10 pm but someone would be in contact in the morning. 7:45 am this morning they called me and came straightway to collect the samples for testing and follow up with the retailer. So efficient, so impressed - I find it hard to believe that anywhere in the west would be this effective.

You need to get out more MH . Good blow out needed

Charl01 Oct 7th 2019 10:45 am

You whistle blower you

Millhouse Oct 7th 2019 11:50 am

Originally Posted by Charl01 (Post 12744982)
You whistle blower you

Yeh, I wouldn't do it for a shitty curry but it was baby milk so a small social duty to do the right thing.

scrubbedexpat141 Oct 8th 2019 6:27 am

What was wrong?

Millhouse Oct 8th 2019 6:39 am

Originally Posted by Scamp (Post 12745370)
What was wrong?

Upon mixing it had very hard crystals in that would simply not dissolve. Loads of them and if you rubbed in on your skin it was like the misses exfoliating face scrub. Baby got a bit pissed off drinking it after 4 days and then we noticed. Three boxes affected.

Could be anything and I don't wish to raise the alarm - maybe simply improper storage but it was as rough as sand.

scrubbedexpat141 Oct 8th 2019 11:49 am

Originally Posted by Millhouse (Post 12745373)
Upon mixing it had very hard crystals in that would simply not dissolve. Loads of them and if you rubbed in on your skin it was like the misses exfoliating face scrub. Baby got a bit pissed off drinking it after 4 days and then we noticed. Three boxes affected.

Could be anything and I don't wish to raise the alarm - maybe simply improper storage but it was as rough as sand.

Good for you for raising it mate. That sounds rubbish.

Irishbeekeeper Oct 8th 2019 1:15 pm

Jeez! Thats scary man! I would have been livid. You need to find their twitter / webpage / google reviews etc and see if this is a one off thing or not