Wikiposts

Good Pub Near Airport?

Old Dec 15th 2008, 7:12 pm
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Good Pub Near Airport?

Originally Posted by Bison
Tell me more..... you have the complete attention of my taste buds...

I really would like 'surf n turf' some nice steak and jumbo breaded king shrimp, yummer!

Bison
Bison go to the irish village, they do a decent sunday roast and proper hearty food, get a couple of pints, there's usually about 15 cabs or so sitting outside and you\re less than 10 minutes away.

**** all the big hotels.
Old Dec 15th 2008, 7:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

admon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lionheart
Has anybody mentioned Dubliners Arms at Le Meridien Village? They do good pub food and have a Happy Hour up to 8pm I believe. If you have a trolley suitcase, it will be a 15 minute stroll to the airport via the pedestrian underpass that takes you into the main carpark, near the mosque. No roadworks that side.
I've already been through that, there are roadworks immediately to the right of the hotel entrance, with no footpath..

why do I bloody bother..
Old Dec 16th 2008, 6:32 am
Forum Regular

Cry haddock is a name known to allCry haddock is a name known to allCry haddock is a name known to allCry haddock is a name known to allCry haddock is a name known to allCry haddock is a name known to allCry haddock is a name known to allCry haddock is a name known to allCry haddock is a name known to allCry haddock is a name known to allCry haddock is a name known to all

Originally Posted by admon
I've already been through that, there are roadworks immediately to the right of the hotel entrance, with no footpath..

why do I bloody bother..
don't go near the entrance to the hotel - come out the village side and straight down the side road that runs along past the edge of the meridien perpendicular to airport road, under the subway and you're there!
Attached Thumbnails Good Pub Near Airport?-walk.jpg  
Old Dec 16th 2008, 8:08 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute
Wink Re: Good Pub Near Airport?

If you are drunk trying to get onto an aircraft isn't it traditional to shout at the ground staff and cause a scene?
Old Dec 16th 2008, 1:11 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

yeah right, that's really going to happen... avec suitcase et all

best place at meridien at the moment is the terrace - all inc food and hoegaarden for 190dhs or around that amount. Book first and don't go if it's raining.

there you go, in 3 weeks everyone on here will be talking about it as though they have just 'found' it, despite the fact it was refurbed last winter..

old news, it was a top destination about 5 years ago if I remember rightly, when it was 89 a head
Old Dec 16th 2008, 3:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

admon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
old news, it was a top destination about 5 years ago if I remember rightly, when it was 89 a head
nah it was closed for a year for refurb (although its outside!?!) and they only used to serve dodgy stella and tiger. the hoegaarden makes a big difference - just go to the belgian beer cafe and see how popular that is.
Old Dec 16th 2008, 3:55 pm
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

why do I bloody bother..
Who is talking about the bloody main entrance. I am talking about the road on the Meridien Village side. No roadworks there and a pedestrianised subway too. Its the same distance from my villa to the airport and I always walk it. Some of us are capable of wheeling suitcases, you know. There are trolleys by the subway too. Why do I bother?
Old Dec 16th 2008, 4:03 pm
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Spugsy
Bison go to the irish village, they do a decent sunday roast and proper hearty food, get a couple of pints, there's usually about 15 cabs or so sitting outside and you\re less than 10 minutes away.

**** all the big hotels.
Have you not been to Dubliners? Right up your street I'd have thought. It is a pub and serves proper Irish stew.

-
Old Dec 16th 2008, 4:19 pm
100% British Beef

Bison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond repute

Have you not been to Dubliners? Right up your street I'd have thought. It is a pub and serves proper Irish stew.
I think this is what I am looking for!!

Bison
Old Dec 16th 2008, 5:11 pm
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bison
I think this is what I am looking for!!

Bison
Lionheart (I think) mentioned Dubliners earlier in the thread, but it is the ideal choice as it is at Airport Meridian. Range of (mainly hearty) food, pints and sport on the TV. Outside seating area too.

-
Old Dec 16th 2008, 7:06 pm

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute

yeah right, that's really going to happen... avec suitcase et all
I once walked to the train station (1.5mils) with two large suitcases then got the train to London and flew to Dallas all by myself.

Am sure a 10min walk in this lovely cool weather won't kill you

N.
Old Dec 16th 2008, 9:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Norm_uk
I once walked to the train station (1.5mils) with two large suitcases then got the train to London and flew to Dallas all by myself.

Am sure a 10min walk in this lovely cool weather won't kill you

N.
the point I was making is that 99% (yes I know I can't back up the stat - but go with it) of the non labourer element population here probably willingly walk less than a mile a year, so asking them to walk to the airport - albeit a short walk - they may all sing the 'it's not far', but the reality is they won't walk, especially with a suitcase..

I can just imagine that 10 minute walk right now..
white man avec 2 suitcases..
the taxis would be stopping every 10 yards. It would take you an extra 20 minutes just to fend them all off..
Old Dec 16th 2008, 11:35 pm
W10

the point I was making is that 99% (yes I know I can't back up the stat - but go with it) of the non labourer element population here probably willingly walk less than a mile a year, so asking them to walk to the airport - albeit a short walk - they may all sing the 'it's not far', but the reality is they won't walk, especially with a suitcase..

I can just imagine that 10 minute walk right now..
white man avec 2 suitcases..
the taxis would be stopping every 10 yards. It would take you an extra 20 minutes just to fend them all off..

Old Dec 17th 2008, 12:06 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Meow
Lionheart (I think) mentioned Dubliners earlier in the thread, but it is the ideal choice as it is at Airport Meridian. Range of (mainly hearty) food, pints and sport on the TV. Outside seating area too.

-
And an early evening Happy Hour too...merci meow.
Old Dec 19th 2008, 9:52 am
100% British Beef

Bison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond repute

I went to Dubliners in the end, first time i've been and really enjoyed it.

Wasn't to packed, great atmosphere and good live music. Met some nice people had quite a few drinks and had some interesting conversations, service was good, staff were friendly and helpful to

I did find the side road and managed to walk, yes walk with 2 suitcases in tow all the way to the airport, literally was 10 mins, so thanks for the heads up and directions on how to get there guys.

I'm safely home for xmas, even though my little session in Dubliners has given me an accute attack of Gout and I am now resting up on the sofa at Mum's in serious pain and I can't walk and Christmas could now be ruined. I've necked a few Voltarin tabs so hopefully it won't last to long.

Anyways, Merry xmas

Bison