Wikiposts

Good Pub Near Airport?

Old Dec 15th 2008, 5:33 pm
100% British Beef

Bison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond repute
Default Good Pub Near Airport?

I'm flying home this week and it's a late night/early morning flight.

My plan is to leave the house around 8ish, go to a pub and have a nice bit of dinner and a few pints before checking in at the airport.

Can anyone recommend a good pub with nice food and near to DXB?

Bison
Old Dec 15th 2008, 5:36 pm
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Good Pub Near Airport?

Originally Posted by Bison
I'm flying home this week and it's a late night/early morning flight.

My plan is to leave the house around 8ish, go to a pub and have a nice bit of dinner and a few pints before checking in at the airport.

Can anyone recommend a good pub with nice food and near to DXB?

Bison
there's an irish village actually in the airport if you need, otherwise teh actual irish village or belgian beer cafe at DFC are near enough. Or Millennium hotel, its a bit crap but they do stella and chicken in a basket.
Old Dec 15th 2008, 6:14 pm
W10

Le Meridien has some great places to eat.

Old Dec 15th 2008, 6:16 pm
100% British Beef

Bison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond repute

Le Meridien has some great places to eat.
Tell me more..... you have the complete attention of my taste buds...

I really would like 'surf n turf' some nice steak and jumbo breaded king shrimp, yummer!

Bison
Old Dec 15th 2008, 6:21 pm
Forum Regular

angel delight is just really niceangel delight is just really niceangel delight is just really niceangel delight is just really niceangel delight is just really niceangel delight is just really niceangel delight is just really niceangel delight is just really nice

Originally Posted by Bison
Tell me more..... you have the complete attention of my taste buds...

I really would like 'surf n turf' some nice steak and jumbo breaded king shrimp, yummer!

Bison
if your flyoing with emirates just wait till your on the flight.. get all your drinks on there
Old Dec 15th 2008, 6:24 pm
W10

Well Sukothai is excellent, with a decent wine selection too

Yalumba is the venue of the now infamous brunch

M's steak house is not too bad, and there is an Irish pub.

After you've finished you can walk to the airport in 10 mins

Old Dec 15th 2008, 6:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

admon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by W10
Well Sukothai is excellent, with a decent wine selection too

Yalumba is the venue of the now infamous brunch

M's steak house is not too bad, and there is an Irish pub.

After you've finished you can walk to the airport in 10 mins
yeah right, that's really going to happen... avec suitcase et all

best place at meridien at the moment is the terrace - all inc food and hoegaarden for 190dhs or around that amount. Book first and don't go if it's raining.

there you go, in 3 weeks everyone on here will be talking about it as though they have just 'found' it, despite the fact it was refurbed last winter..
Old Dec 15th 2008, 6:38 pm
W10

Why not? When the airport is busy and there is a huge queue to get onto the slip roads you don't get off by the road and walk across?

The walk is no further than when you get off the Heathrow Express in London.

Old Dec 15th 2008, 6:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

admon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by W10
Why not? When the airport is busy and there is a huge queue to get onto the slip roads you don't get off by the road and walk across?

The walk is no further than when you get off the Heathrow Express in London.
providing he can get a taxi outside, he will take it.

and for one I can't imagine you walking accross the dodgy roadworks to get there, although you will no doubt argue the point..

just don't give me any of that 'it was flabby' talk, as I may just throw up..
Old Dec 15th 2008, 6:44 pm
W10

There is a walkway over the road that leads directly to the check in area.

And when the traffic was horrendous at the airport with a 20 min wait just to get into the airport grounds, yes, I used to get out by Le Meridien and walk. No big deal.

Just in the same way as when the taxi queue was stretching back to the door, I would walk across and catch a cab by Le Meridien.

Old Dec 15th 2008, 6:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by W10
There is a walkway over the road that leads directly to the check in area.
you have to go across the dodgy roadworks to get to the walkway...
Old Dec 15th 2008, 6:46 pm
W10

Originally Posted by admon
you have to go across the dodgy roadworks to get to the walkway...
Walk through the back of Le Meridien, along the side of the road and then cut across the long term car park. I have done it on several occassions.

Last edited by W10; Dec 15th 2008 at 6:48 pm.

Old Dec 15th 2008, 6:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by W10
Walk through the back of Le Meridien, along the side of the road and then cut across the long term car park. I have done it on several occassions.
now that is the long way round, especially with a suitcase..

why not have a walk to clock tower and back while your at it..
Old Dec 15th 2008, 7:03 pm
W10

I have walked both routes (and recently too) It's prerfectly manageable (and the roadworks are not so bad now).

Anyway...this was a thread about where he could go for a drink and food. So maybe it should return to one...

Last edited by W10; Dec 15th 2008 at 7:25 pm.

Old Dec 15th 2008, 7:08 pm
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

Has anybody mentioned Dubliners Arms at Le Meridien Village? They do good pub food and have a Happy Hour up to 8pm I believe. If you have a trolley suitcase, it will be a 15 minute stroll to the airport via the pedestrian underpass that takes you into the main carpark, near the mosque. No roadworks that side.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.