Golfers

Old Apr 15th 2014, 5:18 am
N/A

Dumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Golfers

The best way to have your shots drop off is to play and practice regularly. If you play every week and go to the range during the week you'll see a massive improvement. I also found hitting a few balls before a round helped.

When I was playing regularly I dropped from a 96 - 100 golfer down to a regular 80 - 84.

Sadly that was a few years ago, I let my clubs go before I came out here and haven't played since.
Old Apr 15th 2014, 6:39 am
BE Enthusiast

The_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to all

I played a little in the UK but its something I really want to get back into. I think a trip to the range is in order and maybe bring my clubs back with me next time I go back to the UK.
Old Apr 15th 2014, 6:50 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by The_Citizen
I played a little in the UK but its something I really want to get back into. I think a trip to the range is in order and maybe bring my clubs back with me next time I go back to the UK.
Emirates have lessons, 250 for 30mins. Pretty reasonable and decent. Only criticism is hitting off mats, so very forgiving.
Old Apr 15th 2014, 6:59 am
BE Enthusiast

The_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Scamp
Emirates have lessons, 250 for 30mins. Pretty reasonable and decent. Only criticism is hitting off mats, so very forgiving.
250 isn't bad at all really. One of my friends back in the UK is a pro, so had a couple of lessons from him and felt a huge difference the next day.
Old Apr 15th 2014, 7:30 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

250 isn't bad at all really. One of my friends back in the UK is a pro, so had a couple of lessons from him and felt a huge difference the next day.
Once I can get a little more consistent with my irons I'll be in a better place.

Also, shots around the green. I used to be good from anything within 100yds. Now I seem to struggle a bit with wedges.

Putting has always been good. Driving used to be awful but now much, much better.

Bunkers are ***** though. Especially fairway ones, I'm playing Earth tomorrow and really need to magically develop the skill to just pick it off the sand and play a long shot out the fairway bunkers.

Sounds all very easy but lots to keep working on.
Old Apr 15th 2014, 7:45 am
BE Enthusiast

Once I can get a little more consistent with my irons I'll be in a better place.

Also, shots around the green. I used to be good from anything within 100yds. Now I seem to struggle a bit with wedges.

Putting has always been good. Driving used to be awful but now much, much better.

Bunkers are ***** though. Especially fairway ones, I'm playing Earth tomorrow and really need to magically develop the skill to just pick it off the sand and play a long shot out the fairway bunkers.

Sounds all very easy but lots to keep working on.
do you just go after work?
Old Apr 15th 2014, 7:50 am
Account Closed

do you just go after work?
Taken tomorrow off, the mrs is on Easter hols so promised a mid-week round to save her boredom. Entertainer for Earth too, 700 dibs for both of us. Can't wait.

Played Meydan quite a lot because it's close to home and floodlit. Also used to play Faldo every Tuesday night.

Got Earth tomorrow, weekend off, then Sadiyaat(sp?) the following weekend. Want to play well there, so might hit the range a few times in between. Got some stuff the guy told me to practice so need to actually go and do it
Old Apr 15th 2014, 7:52 am
BE Enthusiast

Taken tomorrow off, the mrs is on Easter hols so promised a mid-week round to save her boredom. Entertainer for Earth too, 700 dibs for both of us. Can't wait.

Played Meydan quite a lot because it's close to home and floodlit. Also used to play Faldo every Tuesday night.

Got Earth tomorrow, weekend off, then Sadiyaat(sp?) the following weekend. Want to play well there, so might hit the range a few times in between. Got some stuff the guy told me to practice so need to actually go and do it
The Jebel Ali one always seems ok when I go up there.

Will get signed up for a refresher course next week I think. Just need to get my clubs out from the UK. Did you buy over here or bring them from the UK?
Old Apr 15th 2014, 9:20 am
Account Closed

The Jebel Ali one always seems ok when I go up there.

Will get signed up for a refresher course next week I think. Just need to get my clubs out from the UK. Did you buy over here or bring them from the UK?
Brought them from the UK. Happen to have a very generous mate who's gone from 16/17 to 5 and keeps giving me old clubs. Had two wedges, two 3-woods and two hybrids off him. He's just offered me a Ping driver for my birthday but I'm going to hide money in his house when he refuses to take any again.

I need new irons soon though. Got my sights set on some Ping ones, but 2-3,000 is a lot of money.
Old Apr 15th 2014, 9:47 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

I need new irons soon though. Got my sights set on some Ping ones, but 2-3,000 is a lot of money.
I have G25's with graphite shafts, with a 3 hybrid and PowerBilt driver. The Pings are great, except I really miss the wedges from the Eye 2 berrylium set I traded in--I can't get the loft or the feel from the new ones. However, the 3 hybrid is brilliant so long as I remember to swing it as an iron and not a wood.
Old Apr 15th 2014, 10:13 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy
I have G25's with graphite shafts, with a 3 hybrid and PowerBilt driver. The Pings are great, except I really miss the wedges from the Eye 2 berrylium set I traded in--I can't get the loft or the feel from the new ones. However, the 3 hybrid is brilliant so long as I remember to swing it as an iron and not a wood.
Graphite...interesting. I think I'll always stick with steel. Pings appear to be forgiving, even their premier clubs have avoided turning into blades.

Hybrids are funny, I have a Ping hybrid (can't remember which). It's so hit and miss (almost literally) for me it's unreal. Swing like a wood, hit it well. Swing like an iron, hit it well. Swing like either, hit it badly.
Old Apr 15th 2014, 10:23 am
Forum Regular

MAV_DXB has a reputation beyond reputeMAV_DXB has a reputation beyond reputeMAV_DXB has a reputation beyond reputeMAV_DXB has a reputation beyond reputeMAV_DXB has a reputation beyond reputeMAV_DXB has a reputation beyond reputeMAV_DXB has a reputation beyond reputeMAV_DXB has a reputation beyond reputeMAV_DXB has a reputation beyond reputeMAV_DXB has a reputation beyond reputeMAV_DXB has a reputation beyond repute

I've just purchased another driver - 2nd one this year (both SLDRs)- both from DuBizzle, I also got my irons (Mizuno) from DuBizzle. Got good prices.

As it happens I have an extra shaft for a Taylormade SLDR if anyone wants to make me an offer.

This weekend I've been asked by a friend to partake in a competition at the Dubai Creek Golf Course - I don't know the full details apart from it's a small 9 hole par 3. It's something for children, you partner with a child, and something to do with Easter Eggs - so, he'll play a round with his son, and I'll play a round with his duaghter. I hope, hope, hope they're not competitive
Old Apr 15th 2014, 10:32 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by MAV_DXB
I've just purchased another driver - 2nd one this year (both SLDRs)- both from DuBizzle, I also got my irons (Mizuno) from DuBizzle. Got good prices.

As it happens I have an extra shaft for a Taylormade SLDR if anyone wants to make me an offer.

This weekend I've been asked by a friend to partake in a competition at the Dubai Creek Golf Course - I don't know the full details apart from it's a small 9 hole par 3. It's something for children, you partner with a child, and something to do with Easter Eggs - so, he'll play a round with his son, and I'll play a round with his duaghter. I hope, hope, hope they're not competitive
Tip: take every club out your bag apart from wedges and putter. Take a few balls.

Nothing longer than about 110yds I think. Nice little pitch and putt.

Careful buying off dubizzle, lad in the office just found out the Taylor Made's he's been using are fake. Good, but fake. Wasn't sure, so checked with the bloke giving him lessons, they only managed to confirm it by 'the general feel' and the fact his 7 and 9 irons had the same loft...
Old Apr 16th 2014, 3:42 am
Forum Regular

Gus Honeybun is an unknown quantity at this point

I am a newcomer to the game having started to play just last summer. But I must admit that regular lessons with the pro and weekend swing practice on the driving range has really improved my game, I miss the ball much closer now.
Old Apr 16th 2014, 11:10 am
Account Closed

Just finished Earth. 93. 50 on front nine. 43 back, pretty pleased, basically played to my 20 handicap!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.