British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Golf (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/golf-721778/)

scrubbedexpat141 Jun 21st 2011 9:36 am

Golf

Going to go to a driving range tonight.

But someone just suggested maybe doing a par3 9-hole course or something. Bit nervous becasue A; I'm shit and B; not touched clubs in a long while.

Anyone got any good recommendations for an easy 9-hole?

TGFKASE Jun 21st 2011 9:37 am

Re: Golf

Originally Posted by Scamp (Post 9446338)

But someone just suggested maybe doing a par3 9-hole course or something. Bit nervous becasue A; I'm shit and B; not touched clubs in a long while.

Emirates is pretty good, and still relatively inexpensive (75dhs AFAIK)...

Monty is tqice the price, and pretty good also...

Where u based?

scrubbedexpat141 Jun 21st 2011 9:39 am

Originally Posted by TGFKASE (Post 9446342)
Emirates is pretty good, and still relatively inexpensive (75dhs AFAIK)...

Monty is tqice the price, and pretty good also...

Where u based?

Marina end of town, the lad I'm going with said Emirates for the driving range, so goolging that for the par3

Might just go for it...

jackthehat Jun 21st 2011 9:40 am

But someone just suggested maybe doing a par3 9-hole course or something. Bit nervous becasue A; I'm shit and B; not touched clubs in a long while

I know! - It's a real bugger trying to get that ball through the Windmill and the Helter-Skelter

TGFKASE Jun 21st 2011 9:41 am

Originally Posted by Scamp (Post 9446344)
Marina end of town, the lad I'm going with said Emirates for the driving range, so goolging that for the par3

Might just go for it...

If you want to go the next step, most courses do a special for the summer months.. Cheap membership till Aug / Sept for instance..

Cheapest I know is Jebel Ali, 2500dhs approx, if I remember correctly. Nice little 9 hole course..

scrubbedexpat141 Jun 21st 2011 9:49 am

Originally Posted by TGFKASE (Post 9446346)
If you want to go the next step, most courses do a special for the summer months.. Cheap membership till Aug / Sept for instance..

Cheapest I know is Jebel Ali, 2500dhs approx, if I remember correctly. Nice little 9 hole course..

That's quite full on though, and not sure how much I will be playing. Need to find a decent 9 hole that I can play after work / quickly at a weekend, as well as somewhere that does reasonably priced lessons I think.

Thanks for your help.

Bahtatboy Jun 21st 2011 10:38 am

Ally Pally.

scrubbedexpat141 Jun 21st 2011 10:58 am

:confused:

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy (Post 9446461)
Ally Pally.

Mogs Jun 21st 2011 12:11 pm

Originally Posted by Scamp (Post 9446344)

Might just go for it...

Emirates is more of a par 3 (with "proper" par 3 holes - ie over 100 yards) with less water than the Montgomerie which is like a pitch n' put with lots of water.

Welivehere Jun 21st 2011 12:34 pm

Dubai Creek also have a par 3. Wrong end of town for you but worth a visit if you fancy a change.....