British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Global Village (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/global-village-693463/)

kittycat1 Nov 14th 2010 5:06 am

Global Village

According to the website global village is now open? Can anyone confirm that it is?

KC
x

Millhouse Nov 14th 2010 5:13 am

Re: Global Village

Originally Posted by kittycat1 (Post 8980221)
According to the website global village is now open? Can anyone confirm that it is?

KC
x

confirmed

Ethos83 Nov 14th 2010 5:14 am

Double confirmed with a warning that it's crap. The only people who enjoy going to Global Village are the kind of people who bring a packed picnic with them to the Dubai Mall.

kittycat1 Nov 14th 2010 5:16 am

haha Ethos, I went last year and got loads of stuff- I love it you just have to dig through all the tat to find fab stuff. :D

Meow Nov 14th 2010 6:00 am

Originally Posted by Ethos83 (Post 8980239)
Double confirmed with a warning that it's crap. The only people who enjoy going to Global Village are the kind of people who bring a packed picnic with them to the Dubai Mall.

But you hate everything and everyone so we ignore most of what you say.

Blue Cat Nov 14th 2010 6:01 am

Originally Posted by kittycat1 (Post 8980221)

KC
x

this year I am going to make an effort and go, however I have said that every year for years!

Meow Nov 14th 2010 6:03 am

Originally Posted by kittycat1 (Post 8980242)
haha Ethos, I went last year and got loads of stuff- I love it you just have to dig through all the tat to find fab stuff. :D

I agree. It's a bit of a laugh if you go early and with the right attitude. Sure it's 90% tat, but there are some gems & bargains to be had. Love the Yemen pavillion each year.

:)

kittycat1 Nov 14th 2010 6:04 am

I'm debating going this afternoon but not sure if it will still be horrifically busy as its just opened. Will go and get my Chrimbo tree first then decide.

I'd say if you like a bargain and have eclectic taste its well worth a trip. :D

lionheart Nov 14th 2010 6:05 am

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 8980281)
this year I am going to make an effort and go, however I have said that every year for years!

Not positive but I think Monday might be their family day so no queues of construction workers at the entrance. Don't forget it starts at 4pm.

Blue Cat Nov 14th 2010 6:05 am

Originally Posted by kittycat1 (Post 8980288)
I'm debating going this afternoon but not sure if it will still be horrifically busy as its just opened. Will go and get my Chrimbo tree first then decide.

I'd say if you like a bargain and have eclectic taste its well worth a trip. :D

what time does it open?

Ethos83 Nov 14th 2010 6:06 am

Originally Posted by lionheart (Post 8980290)
queues of construction workers at the entrance.

Oy vey. Don't forget to bring the deodorant with you.

kittycat1 Nov 14th 2010 6:06 am

4pm til midnight but worth getting there at 3.30 to avoid the traffic queues- women only queues for tickets so you can bypass the long queues and get through some of the pavillions before it gets too busy.

Blue Cat Nov 14th 2010 6:07 am

Originally Posted by kittycat1 (Post 8980295)
4pm til midnight but worth getting there at 3.30 to avoid the traffic queues- women only queues for tickets so you can bypass the long queues and get through some of the pavillions before it gets too busy.

you have to pay to get in?

kittycat1 Nov 14th 2010 6:07 am

Ethos Im sure even you get a bit stinky sometimes!

Yes its 10 dhms to get in

Ethos83 Nov 14th 2010 6:10 am

Sure, after training. But not of eau de curry with a dash of sweat.

Originally Posted by kittycat1 (Post 8980298)
Ethos Im sure even you get a bit stinky sometimes!

Yes its 10 dhms to get in