View Poll Results: How did it come about?
I popped the question out of the blue, and she said "Yes"
40.00%
Ditto but "No"
5.00%
We discussed it and agreed
20.00%
Her hints were getting bigger and more obvious
15.00%
She said "We're getting married or I'm off"
10.00%
'Twas the lady who proposed
10.00%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Getting Hitched

Old Dec 7th 2012, 4:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

Alexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Getting Hitched

Originally Posted by Alexa
Pasta. See, there was nothing overly romantic about this. I don't really do romance. I had just come back from a trip home,went straight to his house and started making dinner as we were hungry. Then he got the ring out, put it on my finger and grinned...I grinned back, and that was that.
I then went to borrow a dress from my friend and we booked a hotel in dubai and got married there. Voila!
He is a good man, it does not matter to me where and how he proposes. What matters is that he treats me right. And that he does!

Forgot to say, it was Valentine's Day.
Old Dec 7th 2012, 5:07 pm
Perky but sarky

lullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond repute

Got married to move to Abu Dhabi, although he HAD asked after being wound up about it mercilessly by my friends one very drunken night. He did the whole down on one knee bit and I was laughing so hard I almost wet myself as I thought he was joking.

I'm not sure we would have actually got married without middle east pressure, as we'd been together for yonks and had two kids, mortgage etc. We kept saying we'd rather go on holiday, and so we always did.

We had a fab wedding though. It was booked in for a certain date at Marylebone Registrars and then I "produced" it with less than a week to go. Brilliant party at the London canal museum, indian ambassador wedding car blaring out Hindi music, food provided by two guys making fresh dosas and pani puri on site and shed loads of fizz delivered by waitrose. Mates did the photos, video and music, I bought my red carpet dress two days before, all my friends and family were there and it cost about a grand all in. Really pleased I did it, and it was cheaper than a holiday!
Old Dec 8th 2012, 3:02 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TheShed
I met Mrs Shed at my sisters 16th birthday party (Friday), took her out on the Saturday and proposed. She accepted and we just celebrated our 28th Anniversary.

We are quite proud of our achievement in this day and age.
Nice one............. Deanetta and I reach 30 years next May..........
Old Dec 9th 2012, 6:24 am
Forum Regular

camel jockey is a name known to allcamel jockey is a name known to allcamel jockey is a name known to allcamel jockey is a name known to allcamel jockey is a name known to allcamel jockey is a name known to allcamel jockey is a name known to allcamel jockey is a name known to allcamel jockey is a name known to allcamel jockey is a name known to allcamel jockey is a name known to all

I came home from a 20hour overnighter at work and the house was a tip, he'd had a party. Kicked him out of bed so he could go to work and scrubbed the flat clean finally crawling into bed hours later.. to be woken up after 20 minutes. P*ssed told him to bog off and let me sleep to which he replied 'okay but spoke to you parents last night and we've got their permission to get married and that was the reason for the party, you can go back to sleep now'. So much for the down on one knee jobby!!!
Old Dec 9th 2012, 6:50 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by camel jockey
I came home from a 20hour overnighter at work and the house was a tip, he'd had a party. Kicked him out of bed so he could go to work and scrubbed the flat clean finally crawling into bed hours later.. to be woken up after 20 minutes. P*ssed told him to bog off and let me sleep to which he replied 'okay but spoke to you parents last night and we've got their permission to get married and that was the reason for the party, you can go back to sleep now'. So much for the down on one knee jobby!!!
He had a party behind your back???

Dump him....... quickly, before the wedding..............
Old Dec 9th 2012, 9:34 am
Forum Regular

camel jockey is a name known to allcamel jockey is a name known to allcamel jockey is a name known to allcamel jockey is a name known to allcamel jockey is a name known to allcamel jockey is a name known to allcamel jockey is a name known to allcamel jockey is a name known to allcamel jockey is a name known to allcamel jockey is a name known to allcamel jockey is a name known to all

Originally Posted by The Dean
He had a party behind your back???

Dump him....... quickly, before the wedding..............
Too late.. 8 years later we're still married! I got my revenge though don't you worry