British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Generation Jihad.... (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/generation-jihad-656226/)

TGFKASE Feb 23rd 2010 6:14 am

Generation Jihad....

Watched the first episode of this last night (Thanks uTorrent!!!) and have not watched a programme for quite a long time that had me shouting and swearing at the screen so much as this one...

As they brought these muppets in front of the camera to 'share' with us their feelings on how muslims are treated in the UK, the shouts of 'If you don't like it, GTF!!' resounded around my front room...

Roadking Feb 23rd 2010 6:35 am

Re: Generation Jihad....

Originally Posted by TGFKASE (Post 8366922)
Watched the first episode of this last night (Thanks uTorrent!!!) and have not watched a programme for quite a long time that had me shouting and swearing at the screen so much as this one...

As they brought these muppets in front of the camera to 'share' with us their feelings on how muslims are treated in the UK, the shouts of 'If you don't like it, GTF!!' resounded around my front room...

OK, will need to download that tonight. I feel the need for some verbal..

Millhouse Feb 23rd 2010 7:28 am

Originally Posted by TGFKASE (Post 8366922)
'If you don't like it, GTF!!' resounded around my front room...

I agree with this view. However, I wonder how many expats over here also share that view and yet whinge about this place and stay.

TGFKASE Feb 23rd 2010 7:47 am

Originally Posted by EmiratesMillhouse (Post 8367022)
I agree with this view. However, I wonder how many expats over here also share that view and yet whinge about this place and stay.

Oh, don't get me wrong, I have the odd whinge about the driving standards, the poor customer service etc.. but since I don't fool myself into believing that this place is 'home', I don't see it as being hypocritical

shiva Feb 23rd 2010 8:04 am

Originally Posted by TGFKASE (Post 8367051)
Oh, don't get me wrong, I have the odd whinge about the driving standards, the poor customer service etc.. but since I don't fool myself into believing that this place is 'home', I don't see it as being hypocritical

your also not trying to overthrow the govt and a way of life by violent means whilst enjoying the very freedoms you wish to destroy.

(watched episode 2 last night was also very good)

TGFKASE Feb 23rd 2010 8:08 am

Originally Posted by shiva (Post 8367074)
your also not trying to overthrow the govt and a way of life by violent means whilst enjoying the very freedoms you wish to destroy.

(watched episode 2 last night was also very good)

Decided against doing 2 episodes back to back.. Didn't want to end up hoarse....

MataHari Feb 23rd 2010 8:19 am

Originally Posted by TGFKASE (Post 8367086)
Decided against doing 2 episodes back to back.. Didn't want to end up hoarse....

talking to yourself in front of the telly...whatever next

TGFKASE Feb 23rd 2010 8:31 am

Originally Posted by MataHari (Post 8367107)
talking to yourself in front of the telly...whatever next

No, I was not talking to myself, I was screaming at the TV... Completely different....

MataHari Feb 23rd 2010 8:37 am

Originally Posted by TGFKASE (Post 8367129)
No, I was not talking to myself, I was screaming at the TV... Completely different....

did it answer back?

TGFKASE Feb 23rd 2010 8:41 am

Originally Posted by MataHari (Post 8367146)
did it answer back?

I think I scared it into silence.....

shakh your bootie Feb 23rd 2010 10:16 am

All very well, but suggesting that the answer is to tell disaffected 2nd or 3rd generation immigrant Muslims to leave the UK if they don't like it is hardly a practical solution, is it?

Besides which, that type of attitude is hardly helpful to the far larger majority of people of Muslim descent in the UK who do make an active contribution to society and the UK economy.

TGFKASE Feb 23rd 2010 10:18 am

Originally Posted by shakh your bootie (Post 8367356)
All very well, but suggesting that the answer is to tell disaffected 2nd or 3rd generation immigrant Muslims to leave the UK if they don't like it is hardly a practical solution, is it?

Besides which, that type of attitude is hardly helpful to the far larger majority of people of Muslim descent in the UK who do make an active contribution to society and the UK economy.

But I wasnt screaming it at the vast majority of people of Muslim descent, only the ones that want to invoke Sharia law, honour killings, the overthrow of a democratically elected government etc etc...

Blue Cat Feb 23rd 2010 10:49 am

downloading it as we speak :p

Meow Feb 23rd 2010 11:07 am

Originally Posted by EmiratesMillhouse (Post 8367022)

That'll be a fair comment when British expats in the UAE starting bombing the metro...

-

Millhouse Feb 23rd 2010 11:18 am

Originally Posted by Meow (Post 8367477)
That'll be a fair comment when British expats in the UAE starting bombing the metro...

-

fair point