General Election

Old Dec 16th 2019, 5:19 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default Re: General Election

Originally Posted by Scamp
Absolutely, everyone has different opinions, none more valid than others.
The election result though . She feels it adversely effects her and her family. She is boots on ground , living it. She is worried.

I don't peddle my views to friends and family . It doesn't do . I may or may not know theirs. She and her lovely young family do not know mine nor MrBEVS.

It would be great if I could have her and some of her peers come onto BE to talk candidly and insightfully with you about why they feel and think as they do. They are living & working in the UK of today & have been through the past decade there. They live in the communities and societies of multicultural life in The Midlands. They could perhaps explain what they see, what they experience. You could explain why you see things as you do from your perspective and standing.

Unfortunately I do not mix BE like that at all as that would not be right .

Perhaps seek out other of your peers. Not those exactly from your area or school and the like . Those that live in entirely different areas and have entirely different experiences. Have a listen.

They say that with age comes wisdom. Sometimes that is true , particularly on an individual familial level .
With age also comes entrenchment, opposition to change, protection of self . wordly goods and wealth & a tendency to indoctrinate which is all about protection of self . That is not wise.

I may ask her . I have to think on that.
Old Dec 16th 2019, 5:25 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Scamp
It doesn't really state a great deal in fact, it's just information. Interesting though, you can draw many conclusions - there was no surge in young people voting, so the butthurt amongst age-peers of mine and younger is actually laughable.

Just seen this. There was actually no surge at all which is far more of a truth than to suggest that young people became uninterested which is actually not a truth..
Better to check out statistics best you can on this.
Look at turnout past and present and then assorted demographics. That gives you a better actual picture FWIW.

It is all water under a bridge now though. The country, which means each and every person, will be adjusting to a new type of reality.
That impact individually will depend on how they are directly effected by this new reality.

Old Dec 16th 2019, 5:42 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by BEVS
The election result though . She feels it adversely effects her and her family. She is boots on ground , living it. She is worried.

I don't peddle my views to friends and family . It doesn't do . I may or may not know theirs. She and her lovely young family do not know mine nor MrBEVS.

It would be great if I could have her and some of her peers come onto BE to talk candidly and insightfully with you about why they feel and think as they do. They are living & working in the UK of today & have been through the past decade there. They live in the communities and societies of multicultural life in The Midlands. They could perhaps explain what they see, what they experience. You could explain why you see things as you do from your perspective and standing.

Unfortunately I do not mix BE like that at all as that would not be right .

Perhaps seek out other of your peers. Not those exactly from your area or school and the like . Those that live in entirely different areas and have entirely different experiences. Have a listen.

They say that with age comes wisdom. Sometimes that is true , particularly on an individual familial level .
With age also comes entrenchment, opposition to change, protection of self . wordly goods and wealth & a tendency to indoctrinate which is all about protection of self . That is not wise.

I may ask her . I have to think on that.
I have a great deal of respect for other opinions, always happy to hear what someone has to say and what they want to share.

What is relevant to one person or family or community is less relevant or even more relevant to another. Trying to be holistic and macro is important in my opinion.

Looking at manifestos is important, there may be dealbreakers for me that you don't care about or vice versa. For example, your friend could easily have voted for any of the major parties in reality, the commitments to the NHS were huge from all.
Old Dec 16th 2019, 1:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

DXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scot47
DXB has problems in distinguishing anti-semitism and opposition to some acts of the State of Israel. In his eyes, any criticism of "Eretz Israel" is a crime
The downside of being reasonably intelligent is that you assume everyone else is reasonably intelligent, so it's always a bit of a surprise to discover this is not the case, no matter how often it happens.

The perverse irony of your post is that you have the gist of the matter, but refuse to accept Labour's blinding failure to make this difference is what flooded the party with antisemitism and allowed it to get out of hand. The failure of Labour leadership to take it seriously and to even condone it was criminal. We could talk more about Corbyn's long history of indirectly supporting antisemitism but I imagine it's lost on the persistently stubborn.
Old Dec 17th 2019, 3:50 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by BEVS
Just seen this. There was actually no surge at all which is far more of a truth than to suggest that young people became uninterested which is actually not a truth..
Better to check out statistics best you can on this.
Look at turnout past and present and then assorted demographics. That gives you a better actual picture FWIW.

It is all water under a bridge now though. The country, which means each and every person, will be adjusting to a new type of reality.
That impact individually will depend on how they are directly effected by this new reality.
The maps showing who voted where and whatnot are deliberately misleading. I'm inclined to spot most of the data coming out from either the left or right as deliberately misleading.

The important statistic is that almost 40% more people voted Tory than Labour, which meant we can at least end the purgatory and there's not a tiny slither of votes between them or refrom calls (pertaining to the big two). It's clear and done.
Old Dec 17th 2019, 4:34 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DXBtoDOH
The downside of being reasonably intelligent is that you assume everyone else is reasonably intelligent, so it's always a bit of a surprise to discover this is not the case, no matter how often it happens.

The perverse irony of your post is that you have the gist of the matter, but refuse to accept Labour's blinding failure to make this difference is what flooded the party with antisemitism and allowed it to get out of hand. The failure of Labour leadership to take it seriously and to even condone it was criminal. We could talk more about Corbyn's long history of indirectly supporting antisemitism but I imagine it's lost on the persistently stubborn.
I know your pain: they just don’t understand us.
Old Dec 17th 2019, 5:01 am
Forum Regular

Arnold S is a splendid one to beholdArnold S is a splendid one to beholdArnold S is a splendid one to beholdArnold S is a splendid one to beholdArnold S is a splendid one to beholdArnold S is a splendid one to beholdArnold S is a splendid one to beholdArnold S is a splendid one to beholdArnold S is a splendid one to beholdArnold S is a splendid one to beholdArnold S is a splendid one to behold

I bet all the righties are relieved they can stop pretending they care about antisemitism now.
Old Dec 17th 2019, 9:22 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Arnold S
I bet all the righties are relieved they can stop pretending they care about antisemitism now.
Or Islamophobia, racism, misogyny or homophobia either.