British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Gazza in Dubai (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/gazza-dubai-761661/)

Spugsy Jun 13th 2012 9:03 pm

Gazza in Dubai

Coming for Q&A and England v Ukraine, gonna be ace.

I know he's tea total and we have to make sure he doesn't get back on the sauce but anyone fancy it?

(yes mods I am involved in bringing him over but is this advertising? I'm sure a lot of people would be interested)

Eva Jun 13th 2012 9:25 pm

Re: Gazza in Dubai

Originally Posted by Spugsy (Post 10117575)

I know he's tea total and we have to make sure he doesn't get back on the sauce but anyone fancy it?

(yes mods I am involved in bringing him over but is this advertising? I'm sure a lot of people would be interested)

Hmmm ....please tell him'Salmon Fishing in The Yemen' is mere fiction.:)

Kix Jun 13th 2012 9:49 pm

Originally Posted by Spugsy (Post 10117575)

Have you just been to Oman?

Sandboy Jun 14th 2012 4:22 am

ask him if he ever scored against Birtley U14s when he played for Redheugh

or did he go off crying about being kicked and his fatha threaten to come on and sort us out ?

scrubbedexpat141 Jun 14th 2012 4:46 am

I'll come as long as it's not a ****ing North East festival of twats.

When / Where?

Sandboy Jun 14th 2012 4:48 am

Originally Posted by Scamp (Post 10118088)

When / Where?

you'll need a translator though

scrubbedexpat141 Jun 14th 2012 5:01 am

Originally Posted by Sandboy (Post 10118090)
you'll need a translator though

Nah, my Stepmum is from Newcastle and I get the jist of what she says.

co durham boy Jun 14th 2012 5:21 am

Originally Posted by Scamp (Post 10118088)

When / Where?

Ahh come on mate that's not fair especially coming from a fella from Southampton . A place so dull it makes Grimsby look like fu**ing Bangkok ;)

scrubbedexpat141 Jun 14th 2012 5:39 am

Originally Posted by co durham boy (Post 10118125)
Ahh come on mate that's not fair especially coming from a fella from Southampton . A place so dull it makes Grimsby look like fu**ing Bangkok ;)

Don't get me wrong, Newcastle was quality and an awesome night out. I just put pissed Northerners up there with toff ***** from Windsor and Lebo perverts as the most annoying people to be surrounded by. Oh, and the French.

flares Jun 14th 2012 7:53 am

Originally Posted by co durham boy (Post 10118125)
from Southampton . A place so dull

...that Craig David took seven days on the bounce cooped up with his new Doris over going out and experiencing what's on offer

mentalist Jun 14th 2012 9:54 am

Sorry mate but I'm not sure who would want to listen to Gazza speaking other than possibly a Geordie or reformed alcoholic. Still, good luck with the enterprise but do warn him about the oppressive heat and humidity.

commander Jun 14th 2012 9:58 am

Originally Posted by mentalist (Post 10118479)
Sorry mate but I'm not sure who would want to listen to Gazza speaking other than possibly a Geordie or reformed alcoholic. Still, good luck with the enterprise but do warn him about the oppressive heat and humidity.

or a rangers or (soon to be defunked rangers) fan

NorthernLad Jun 14th 2012 10:16 am

I expect a load of non-Geordies/non-alcoholics would love to listen to him. He is a true character, 15 years down the line I don't see many Man City players having the same following.

scrubbedexpat141 Jun 14th 2012 10:19 am

Upbeat as ever mate...I'd be interested to hear him, he must have some incredible stories to tell.

britexpat76 Jun 14th 2012 10:24 am

Originally Posted by Scamp (Post 10118141)
Don't get me wrong, Newcastle was quality and an awesome night out. I just put pissed Northerners up there with toff ***** from Windsor and Lebo perverts as the most annoying people to be surrounded by. Oh, and the French.

Amen. I was with Gazza in Etoiles about 18 months ago, top bloke took home a right beauty the bastard.