Further Beyond Belief

Old Nov 14th 2008, 11:42 am
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Eva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond repute
Default Further Beyond Belief

Dear Bob,

Respectfully, why did you close our 'Beyond Belief' thread?
Couldn't you just have deleted the Bitchfest Page?
The topic itself will run another few days and is one which will provoke
serious debate I am sure.
This is our scrapping parlour after all-and- even with Sharron and Tracey's Olympic Handbag event,
imho,the thread still paled in comparison to some of the threads which go unchecked in TIO.
Old Nov 14th 2008, 11:46 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Further Beyond Belief

Originally Posted by Eva
Dear Bob,

Respectfully, why did you close our 'Beyond Belief' thread?
Couldn't you just have deleted the Bitchfest Page?
The topic itself will run another few days and is one which will provoke
serious debate I am sure.
This is our scrapping parlour after all-and- even with Sharron and Tracey's Olympic Handbag event,
imho,the thread still paled in comparison to some of the threads which go unchecked in TIO.
Seconded.

A warning from a Mod like "Tone it down you lot or I'll close the thread" will at least give everyone a chance to sort it out, then continue.............
Old Nov 14th 2008, 12:30 pm
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Eva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Dean
Seconded.

A warning from a Mod like "Tone it down you lot or I'll close the thread" will at least give everyone a chance to sort it out, then continue.............
Anyways, reverting....

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/7708398.stm

So here's the thing.The two ba***rds,(36)& (32) are due for sentencing on 15 December. Bear in mind not a capital offence i.e. not charged with murder but charged with causing or allowing the death...therefore there will be a maximum statutory penalty.It could be that both are released before their child producing years are over.Now accepting that they are part of society but due to something in their nature opt to live outwith the parameters of what we, a society deem civilised,should there be an obligation, duty or onus
on us to protest/insist/ensure that they are rendered incapable of producing children?
The words serial+abusers often appear together for a reason.
Old Nov 14th 2008, 2:17 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Eva
Anyways, reverting....

So here's the thing.The two ba***rds,(36)& (32) are due for sentencing on 15 December. Bear in mind not a capital offence i.e. not charged with murder but charged with causing or allowing the death...therefore there will be a maximum statutory penalty.It could be that both are released before their child producing years are over.Now accepting that they are part of society but due to something in their nature opt to live outwith the parameters of what we, a society deem civilised,should there be an obligation, duty or onus
on us to protest/insist/ensure that they are rendered incapable of producing children?
The words serial+abusers often appear together for a reason.
Eva,

Who is the second man?

The mother and 32-y-o boyfriend 'cannot be named for legal reasons' but who is "Jason Owen, 36"?

Am I missing something obvious?
Old Nov 14th 2008, 3:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

IndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Eva
Anyways, reverting....

So here's the thing.The two ba***rds,(36)& (32) are due for sentencing on 15 December.

should there be an obligation, duty or onus
Absolutely. I'd be more than happy to contribute towards a doctor who can render them incapable of producing children, surgically, WITHOUT the use of anesthesia.

I was too upset to post then and even now have tears in my eyes just thinking about it. Could not believe that such evil existed.

May the poor child's soul rest in peace.

Last edited by IndieG; Nov 14th 2008 at 3:29 pm.
Old Nov 14th 2008, 3:32 pm
Now 15% less offensive

NedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud of

I think the maximum sentence for this kind of crime is 14 years...

Not long enough by half
Old Nov 14th 2008, 4:35 pm
Just Joined

ninebean is an unknown quantity at this point

I have been following the story in the UK for a while and to say I am disgusted by the actions of these people is an understatement.

How someone, especially a mother could stand by and let this happen is something I cannot comprehend. And a maximum of 14 years is a travesty.

When they get out they will have support, a house etc etc, after having effectively tortured an innocent child who should have been nurtured and loved, not abused.
Old Nov 14th 2008, 7:24 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Seconded.

Why?

Because I'm not on 24/7 and don't have the time to fart around with every post, it's bad enough shifting none ME life threads into the sandpit as it is.

Doesn't take much for someone to start the original thread topic if they wanted though.

Edit: To add, TIO is where the argumentative and or heated threads are meant to be, so if you want to have a shout, start one in there.

Last edited by Bob; Nov 14th 2008 at 7:28 pm.
Old Nov 15th 2008, 4:59 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Bob
Why?

Because I'm not on 24/7 and don't have the time to fart around with every post, it's bad enough shifting none ME life threads into the sandpit as it is.

Doesn't take much for someone to start the original thread topic if they wanted though.

Edit: To add, TIO is where the argumentative and or heated threads are meant to be, so if you want to have a shout, start one in there.
Take It Outside?? So it's OK to have a heated (i.e. with abusive language, gratuitous insults, etc) in one forum, but not in another?

Bob, that doesn't make sense - and the 24/7 thing doesn't hold water - every time I log on, day or night, one of the Mods is online. You're based in Massachusetts? Well that's part of the day covered.... etc... etc...

You spend so much time shifting stuff from the ME forum to the Sandpit?? Easy answer - don't. Leave it where it is. I do not know of any user who cares about the distinction between them.

Better still - and for the same reason - combine the two Forums. Most posters have either directly or indirectly a Middle East connection - and what's wrong with a number of people who happen to be based in the region using the Forum to chat about, say, football?

The layout and structure of this site - which as a 'bachelor' in Saudi is a welcome and diverting pastime for me, as there isn't much else to do - could benefit from a serious review. There's not much wrong with it but think for a moment - your life and that of other Mods could greatly be simplified.

Worth considering, at least?
Old Nov 15th 2008, 9:20 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Confucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond repute

Take It Outside?? So it's OK to have a heated (i.e. with abusive language, gratuitous insults, etc) in one forum, but not in another?

Bob, that doesn't make sense - and the 24/7 thing doesn't hold water - every time I log on, day or night, one of the Mods is online. You're based in Massachusetts? Well that's part of the day covered.... etc... etc...

You spend so much time shifting stuff from the ME forum to the Sandpit?? Easy answer - don't. Leave it where it is. I do not know of any user who cares about the distinction between them.

Better still - and for the same reason - combine the two Forums. Most posters have either directly or indirectly a Middle East connection - and what's wrong with a number of people who happen to be based in the region using the Forum to chat about, say, football?

The layout and structure of this site - which as a 'bachelor' in Saudi is a welcome and diverting pastime for me, as there isn't much else to do - could benefit from a serious review. There's not much wrong with it but think for a moment - your life and that of other Mods could greatly be simplified.

I see that you put a considerable amount of time and thought into your post, but, you lost me at "Take it" because your avatar turns me on...
Anyhoo, who can I wind up this time around???
Old Nov 15th 2008, 9:25 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute

I hope they have a fair trial and are sentanced justly if found guilty.

They are very lucky however, if the public had their way I suspect having to face years in jail would seem like a picnic. Pitty, I hear prisoners tend to make life hard in jail for those who have assaulted children.
Old Nov 15th 2008, 2:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond repute

I'd second that. I scroll through both forums.....to me I may as well jsut be scrolling through 1 combined forum. News users that want actual info and not chit chat would use 'search' anyway i'd presume.
Old Nov 15th 2008, 2:49 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

TIO is for heated discussions, not these forums, which are aimed at families etc.

Having mods on all the time is not the same as having a mod for this forum on at all times, there's only a couple of us.

And the reason for the split of ME and sandpit, make it easier for people to find the info about moving to and living there, and the sandpit for off topic chats amongst those who live there. That makes it easier to find the information, and when there wasn't a split, people bitched about just that very thing. Off topic chat was supposed to be for the lounge, but people bitched that they only wanted to chat to those in their locale, which is why you've now got the sandpit.

Old Nov 15th 2008, 2:52 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Originally Posted by Jeeper
I'd second that. I scroll through both forums.....to me I may as well jsut be scrolling through 1 combined forum. News users that want actual info and not chit chat would use 'search' anyway i'd presume.
But they don't...that's the thing, they scroll down looking for info, and can't find it because it's buried under hundreds of shite.

It's the very reason why there's the split now.

People are going to bitch either way, but this isn't that hard for people to find the info if they want, and for people to keep the chat to one side either.

And it does work well when people can be arsed to post in the right forum, and it works well for all the other countries that have their own sections on this forum.
Old Nov 15th 2008, 2:55 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Confucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
But they don't...that's the thing, they scroll down looking for info, and can't find it because it's buried under hundreds of shite.

It's the very reason why there's the split now.

People are going to bitch either way, but this isn't that hard for people to find the info if they want, and for people to keep the chat to one side either.

And it does work well when people can be arsed to post in the right forum, and it works well for all the other countries that have their own sections on this forum.
Keep it like it is, nothing needs to change...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.