Wikiposts

French Boy Gang Raped

Old Nov 21st 2007, 7:55 pm
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: French Boy Gang Raped

Originally Posted by Nada
Hi, I just move to Al Ain 2 weeks ago from Canada, and people here have been telling me non stop that I should not be soooooo over protected over my 2 boys (7 & 8 yrs of age). They say it is so safe here, kids don't get kidnapped and stuff. They say that I really should let go and let them go out and play on their own, go get something from the grocery store nearby on their own. But because I am so paranoid, I just couldn't let them, without being worried sick.
Now that I read this about this boy, I feel more worried and that my instincts are always right...
I don't understand why so many people here feel it's that safe then?????
were you like this back home as well or is it just because you have moved over to a new place...
Old Nov 22nd 2007, 1:34 am
Just Joined

Nada is an unknown quantity at this point

I was like this back home....., but I am even more worried because I am not familiar with my surroundings...but it's just that people keep trying to convince me its too safe here! My hubby started believing it...but I am always following my feelings about things.....

Last edited by Nada; Nov 22nd 2007 at 1:39 am.
Old Nov 22nd 2007, 1:40 am
Just Joined

Nada is an unknown quantity at this point

And thank you Shakh your bootie....
Old Nov 22nd 2007, 3:40 am
BE Enthusiast

expat.brat has a reputation beyond reputeexpat.brat has a reputation beyond reputeexpat.brat has a reputation beyond reputeexpat.brat has a reputation beyond reputeexpat.brat has a reputation beyond reputeexpat.brat has a reputation beyond reputeexpat.brat has a reputation beyond reputeexpat.brat has a reputation beyond reputeexpat.brat has a reputation beyond reputeexpat.brat has a reputation beyond reputeexpat.brat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shakh your bootie
Hi Nada,

I can see why you would find it confusing. It was disgusting what happened to young Alexandre, but such incidents (at least involving Expat boys, sadly the stats would be different for Asian nationalities) are comparatively rare. It's entirely natural that, arriving in a new place, both you and your kids will need to figure out the lay of the land - it is better to be conservative at first. You've only been here two weeks - as time goes on, you will get to know what limits & boundaries are sensible for your kids - once you feel comfortable about the environment, then you can give the kids more freedom. I'm sure at the moment they are glad of having mum around to help them through the transition to a new place.

Welcome to the UAE - I hope you enjoy it here.
do you mean to say asian boys get raped all the time ?