Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Fortnum & Mason has closed

Fortnum & Mason has closed

Old Aug 22nd 2017, 8:07 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141
Default Re: Fortnum & Mason has closed

Originally Posted by TheShed
A valid point!! I had Taqado yesterday and it has definitely shrunk over the summer
Originally Posted by Millhouse
I'd like to report that I also had taqado yesterday, and didn't feel too ripped off this time - that said, I wasn't very hungry and I asked for some of the red chicken to "taste" as well as the steak. That kind of made it acceptable, just.
I feel this needs a thread of it's own.
Old Aug 22nd 2017, 8:37 am
"Insert witty title here"

Irishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond repute

What is Taqado?
Old Aug 22nd 2017, 8:49 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Irishbeekeeper
What is Taqado?
Mexican fast food restaurant which, on a per gram of food served basis, is the most expensive restaurant on earth.
Old Aug 22nd 2017, 8:53 am
"Insert witty title here"

Irishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond repute

Mexican fast food restaurant which, on a per gram of food served basis, is the most expensive restaurant on earth.
sort of like eating Caviar then?
you know you are wasting good money on something that would do no good to you and will end up where everything ends up?
Old Aug 22nd 2017, 9:20 am
BE Forum Addict

DXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond repute

All Mexican food end up in the same place anyway 😉

Originally Posted by Irishbeekeeper
sort of like eating Caviar then?
you know you are wasting good money on something that would do no good to you and will end up where everything ends up?
Old Aug 22nd 2017, 10:12 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by DXBtoDOH
All Mexican food end up in the same place anyway 😉
My tummy?
Old Aug 22nd 2017, 10:45 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

Chalcos in JLT is better
Old Aug 22nd 2017, 10:48 am
BE Forum Addict

DXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond repute

Well, I was thinking of something a bit further away than your tummy and involving a trip to a very special room designed for this very purpose.

Just bring air fresheners with you.

Originally Posted by Scamp
My tummy?
Old Aug 22nd 2017, 10:53 am
Account Closed

Well, I was thinking of something a bit further away than your tummy and involving a trip to a very special room designed for this very purpose.

Just bring air fresheners with you.
Japanese have the deodorizer button for that. Wonderful.
Old Aug 22nd 2017, 11:08 am
BE Forum Addict

You experienced those toilets in Japan eh?

In Shanghai this past June I stayed in a hotel popular with Japanese businessmen and the toilet had seat warmers and buttons you pressed for squirts of water to...well...you know.

Japanese have the deodorizer button for that. Wonderful.
Incidentally enough, a childhood mate's downstairs loo had a heating vent right next to the crapper and when you sat on it you also felt the warm air blow gently right in that special spot. They used to wonder why I spent so much time in there

Last edited by DXBtoDOH; Aug 22nd 2017 at 11:10 am.
Old Aug 22nd 2017, 11:48 am
Account Closed

You experienced those toilets in Japan eh?

In Shanghai this past June I stayed in a hotel popular with Japanese businessmen and the toilet had seat warmers and buttons you pressed for squirts of water to...well...you know.

Incidentally enough, a childhood mate's downstairs loo had a heating vent right next to the crapper and when you sat on it you also felt the warm air blow gently right in that special spot. They used to wonder why I spent so much time in there
I will willingly admit I enjoyed the old jet wash of the undercarriage.
My arsehole has never sparkled before but it sure as shit (geddit?) does now.

Doesn't make me want to use the bum gun though, the manual element of it doesn't appeal greatly.
Old Aug 22nd 2017, 11:57 am
BE Forum Addict

Same here.

Doesn't make me want to use the bum gun though, the manual element of it doesn't appeal greatly.
Old Aug 22nd 2017, 1:47 pm
...we killed the flame

Miss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond repute

I will willingly admit I enjoyed the old jet wash of the undercarriage.
My arsehole has never sparkled before but it sure as shit (geddit?) does now.

Hmmm, I seem to recall a dim and distant long past thread where you, among others, were hailing the bum gun as one of the greatest features of living in the middle east and one which you would greatly miss upon repatriation...
Old Aug 22nd 2017, 1:49 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Miss Ann Thrope
Hmmm, I seem to recall a dim and distant long past thread where you, among others, were hailing the bum gun as one of the greatest features of living in the middle east and one which you would greatly miss upon repatriation...
Sorry, no interest.

My Dad loves it when he comes out, but not me.
Old Aug 22nd 2017, 1:49 pm
...we killed the flame

Miss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond repute

The branch near our office has closed

Perhaps they ran out of food after they finally consumed their one and only delivery after 18 months...? They were "opening soon" for longer than they actually stayed open in this case I think.

A harbinger? Quick, time to summon the coven!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.