British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Fly to Al Ain? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/fly-al-ain-780974/)

Scamp Dec 18th 2012 11:04 am

Fly to Al Ain?
 
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-20758222

Apparently a new UAE domestic airline...Mikewot - this is your bag isn't it? What's the crack?

mentalist Dec 18th 2012 11:10 am

Re: Fly to Al Ain?
 
For Abu Dhabi to RAK it might work, but otherwise it's much easier to drive.

mikewot Dec 18th 2012 12:02 pm

Re: Fly to Al Ain?
 

Originally Posted by Scamp (Post 10439631)
Apparently a new UAE domestic airline...Mikewot - this is your bag isn't it? What's the crack?

This one flew under my radar arf arf! I'll ask around tomorrow. I'm amused by the 'journey' times which are wheels up to wheels on the tarmac. No mention of the trip to the airport, check in, security etc. So your 26 minutes goes to a couple of hours at least.

Scamp Dec 18th 2012 12:09 pm

Re: Fly to Al Ain?
 

Originally Posted by mikewot (Post 10439705)
So your 26 minutes goes to a couple of hours at least.

My thoughts exactly, still, maybe just about safer than driving.

mikewot Dec 18th 2012 12:12 pm

Re: Fly to Al Ain?
 

Originally Posted by Scamp (Post 10439720)
maybe just about safer than driving.

Wot trust ATC and the pilots than your own driving skills?

Scamp Dec 18th 2012 12:13 pm

Re: Fly to Al Ain?
 

Originally Posted by mikewot (Post 10439725)
Wot trust ATC and the pilots than your own driving skills?

My mrs makes the point that it's not me and my driving she's worried about, it's the chances of some half-wit driving into us or doing something that we can't avoid.

Irishbeekeeper Dec 18th 2012 12:44 pm

Re: Fly to Al Ain?
 

Originally Posted by Scamp (Post 10439728)
My mrs makes the point that it's not me and my driving she's worried about, it's the chances of some half-wit driving into us or doing something that we can't avoid.

X 2

Pongo Dec 18th 2012 4:16 pm

Re: Fly to Al Ain?
 
Interesting article in The National about driving, accidents and the Emirati attitude to driving. Someone smarter may be able to post a link......

mikewot Dec 18th 2012 4:49 pm

Re: Fly to Al Ain?
 

Originally Posted by Pongo (Post 10440162)
Interesting article in The National about driving, accidents and the Emirati attitude to driving. Someone smarter may be able to post a link......

Honestly not rocket science mate, even I can do it. Highlight the link at the top of the webpage, in the address area. CTRL C to copy it. In your post here wherever you want to paste it CTRL V and the job is jobbed :D
http://www.thenational.ae/news/uae-n...r-black-monday

Pongo Dec 18th 2012 5:29 pm

Re: Fly to Al Ain?
 
Thanks, not the article I had in mind though.....

http://www.thenational.ae/news/uae-n...l-to-uae-youth


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:48 am.

Powered by vBulletin: ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.