Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Finally escaped the UAE

Finally escaped the UAE

Old Apr 11th 2009, 8:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

AnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Finally escaped the UAE

Originally Posted by bimcnorth
Because it´s a bank with a direct connection to all major western intelligence networks.
Its chairman is head of UAE intelligence and security and runs an "invisible" prison for CIA just to give you an example..

But then they will hardly pursue anyone for a minor sum, but they will always know where you are and your name will always be on a file somewhere.
Ahh so I may become a victim of Emirati rendition?
Old Apr 11th 2009, 8:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

bimcnorth has much to be proud ofbimcnorth has much to be proud ofbimcnorth has much to be proud ofbimcnorth has much to be proud ofbimcnorth has much to be proud ofbimcnorth has much to be proud ofbimcnorth has much to be proud ofbimcnorth has much to be proud ofbimcnorth has much to be proud ofbimcnorth has much to be proud ofbimcnorth has much to be proud of

Haha, no but if you start to move up in the world they will let you know that you owe them..
Old Apr 11th 2009, 8:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

AnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by bimcnorth
Haha, no but if you start to move up in the world they will let you know that you owe them..
Your information re the chairman doesn't surprise me; or scare me but it would make me nervous if I were to expect a transition through the GCC anytime in the near future. To tell you the truth I wasn't planning on just dumping what I owe for the rest of my life, just for a shortish time. I don't want to have that hanging over my head until I die. Not to mention the hassle of having to avoid major ports like Dubai when travelling, of which I tend to do a fair bit.
Old Apr 11th 2009, 9:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

bimcnorth has much to be proud ofbimcnorth has much to be proud ofbimcnorth has much to be proud ofbimcnorth has much to be proud ofbimcnorth has much to be proud ofbimcnorth has much to be proud ofbimcnorth has much to be proud ofbimcnorth has much to be proud ofbimcnorth has much to be proud ofbimcnorth has much to be proud ofbimcnorth has much to be proud of

That´s easily sorted, just inform them that you have moved and that you unfortunately must let payments be deferred until you have settled down.
Will they be happy about it?..not really but compared to just listing you as a defaulter with unknown adress it makes them look better.
And given the clout the Bani Fatima that control FGB got in Thailand thru Thaksin and his red shirted followers it might be the best solution..IMHO of course.

What are you going to do in Thailand anyway? work or pleasure?...Have done a few leaps of honour there.
Old Apr 11th 2009, 9:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

Pleasure as usual.

Funny you should mention Thaksin, my good friend here is related to him by marriage.

I actually came to visit her but shes gone overseas for a week so I'm stuck in Bangkok alone.
Old Apr 11th 2009, 9:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by AnotherWorld
Pleasure as usual.

Funny you should mention Thaksin, my good friend here is related to him by marriage.

I actually came to visit her but shes gone overseas for a week so I'm stuck in Bangkok alone.

WTF..If she got an inside track to Thaksin she might get in touch with the big guys in Abu Dhabi that controls FGB. When Thaksin sold Manchester City he did it to the former FGB chairman..Sheikh Mansour bin Zayed who´s the biggest shareholder in Barclays now.
Your debts might simply vanish if Mansours assistents tell FGB that you are "favored".

How come you never tried to use this albeit distant connection to your advantage in UAE..?
Even the remotest links are almost a license to print money.
Old Apr 11th 2009, 9:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

Well... I honestly never thought of things that way. I asked her where he is and she says she doesn't know and also claims she might not ever see him again... shes also a lot closer with his kid/s.
Old Apr 11th 2009, 9:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

Well... I honestly never thought of things that way. I asked her where he is and she says she doesn't know and also claims she might not ever see him again... shes also a lot closer with his kid/s.
She´s close with his kids but doesn´t wanna speak about their dad who lives in Dubai...Given the political powerstruggle in Thailand that´s understandable.
Old Apr 12th 2009, 4:11 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

yeh things starting to luck a bit risky again in Thailand. Just hope they don't target the airport again as the Mrs has to fly through there in a couple of weeks to get back here.
Old Apr 12th 2009, 5:24 am
Account Closed

Shadya is an unknown quantity at this point

Pleasure as usual.

I have never heard of any one being "alone in Bangkok" for more than a few hours.
Old Apr 13th 2009, 4:40 am
BE Forum Addict

admon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Shadya
I have never heard of any one being "alone in Bangkok" for more than a few hours.
speak for yourself love..
Old Apr 13th 2009, 6:38 am
BE Enthusiast

hmm well I woke up late today to find out my embassy recommending me to leave and soldiers having fired blank rounds at demonstrators this morning along with tear gas. From one shitty situation to another
Old Apr 13th 2009, 7:29 am

still.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to behold

hmm well I woke up late today to find out my embassy recommending me to leave and soldiers having fired blank rounds at demonstrators this morning along with tear gas. From one shitty situation to another
where are you at the moment? the main trouble always seems centered around downtown and never towards foreigners so if you're out of the way and dodge the bullets, you should be fine!
Old Apr 13th 2009, 7:34 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Old Apr 13th 2009, 10:24 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by still.unsure
where are you at the moment? the main trouble always seems centered around downtown and never towards foreigners so if you're out of the way and dodge the bullets, you should be fine!
As usual it is concentrated in a couple of areas and not really near me. Even if it was near me I wouldn't be worried at this stage.

Its stil song kran as usual and I cant leave the hotel without getting splashed.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.