Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Females of the year - Essential Poll

Females of the year - Essential Poll

Old Dec 21st 2008, 12:31 pm
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Females of the year - Essential Poll

Originally Posted by USExpat
Only on this board a short time but had the gut feeling it would be you. Congratulations Eva, on a well deserved first place.
so...am I the only one on here that thinks you are Dutchie reincarnated then...
Old Dec 21st 2008, 2:09 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MataHari
no, i don't think you're alone...far from it...

MM, xx
Old Dec 21st 2008, 2:29 pm
If I have to explain...

Roadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Eva
Here is my entry for next year's Drama Queen Award.

I don't envy their task however of harnessing the naughty little baby poster Chromedome.......................
Compliments of the season to all those who observe. xx
What, who me? What I do???

naughty, baby, little...hehehehehe love it!
Old Dec 21st 2008, 2:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

Alen1 has a reputation beyond reputeAlen1 has a reputation beyond reputeAlen1 has a reputation beyond reputeAlen1 has a reputation beyond reputeAlen1 has a reputation beyond reputeAlen1 has a reputation beyond reputeAlen1 has a reputation beyond reputeAlen1 has a reputation beyond reputeAlen1 has a reputation beyond reputeAlen1 has a reputation beyond reputeAlen1 has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats. E.
Well deserved!

Also,
Keep poking at those thin-skinned arrogants; they don't like it up 'em and they can't keep up with your wordplay - best of all; they don't know when its best to STFU.
Old Dec 21st 2008, 3:43 pm
If I have to explain...

Roadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Eva

I think the Polls have been a good laugh.
I came to this Board last year when my life was taking me to dark places I didn't really wanna be.I was immediately entertained by the many, many witty,funny and kind people herein.
Now, for me, this forum is a complete entertainment package -Where else can you get a comedy club as good as this Board?,Free financial advice readily given by top people, A music thread to rival MTV, An history channel as 'quality' as the stuff Shiva has provided on the UAE?. For 'Arts,' look at the Sana thread and the beauty of the photographs therein.
Then we have our soaps- members' exchanges of every day life experiences -across many, many nationalities and cultures-fantastic learning ground. And in case we get carried away with this 'hedonistic lifestyle'-we are oft dealt a leveller like, say Bluecat's compassion towards Helping Hands or the dilemma Mrs Haps recently found herself in............

IMHO, Mata Hari and Confucious are the Mama and Papa of the Board-Top Posters. end of.Without them this place would limp along somewhat.I am in awe of both of them-not natural English speakers but they post with elequence and tremendous humour ;they cut to the chase and call it straight.
I don't envy their task however of harnessing the naughty little baby poster Chromedome.......................
Eva, can you write my acceptance speech as well. Just as you have done above but with a bit more humility and bigger words.
Old Dec 21st 2008, 3:49 pm
Forum Regular

USExpat is a name known to allUSExpat is a name known to allUSExpat is a name known to allUSExpat is a name known to allUSExpat is a name known to allUSExpat is a name known to allUSExpat is a name known to allUSExpat is a name known to allUSExpat is a name known to allUSExpat is a name known to allUSExpat is a name known to all

The person you are referring to is known to me. And he's going through a rather ruff time at this moment. From a human point of view let's leave it at that shall we? I'm gone here in a few weeks time myself. I can't remember pissing you off? And if I did? Well sorry for that.
Old Dec 21st 2008, 4:04 pm
Forum Regular

USExpat is a name known to allUSExpat is a name known to allUSExpat is a name known to allUSExpat is a name known to allUSExpat is a name known to allUSExpat is a name known to allUSExpat is a name known to allUSExpat is a name known to allUSExpat is a name known to allUSExpat is a name known to allUSExpat is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa
no, i don't think you're alone...far from it...

MM, xx
And the same applies to you MM. The guy watched his ex, soon to be wife again fade away in a few hours time. It's only logical he's a mental wreck. If the two of you want to kick that badly? Do it when he's back on his feet. Or is it so difficult for a woman to understand that a man can hurt as well?
Old Dec 21st 2008, 4:09 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

And the same applies to you MM. The guy watched his ex, soon to be wife again fade away in a few hours time. It's only logical he's a mental wreck. If the two of you want to kick that badly? Do it when he's back on his feet. Or is it so difficult for a woman to understand that a man can hurt as well?
i'm honestly not kicking anyone...and i know how men can hurt, and i have the greatest respect for a man who shows his feelings, believe me...so maybe dutchie should come back and we can try to give him some support...

MM, xx
Old Dec 21st 2008, 4:14 pm
Forum Regular

i'm honestly not kicking anyone...and i know how men can hurt, and i have the greatest respect for a man who shows his feelings, believe me...so maybe dutchie should come back and we can try to give him some support...

MM, xx
Well as he's under treatment as we speak it's a bit difficult. A.k.a. locked up to protect him against himself that is. When we found him a few days ago and finally got him to a hospital he had nearly 4.6% alcohol in his blood. Sorry, but we are talking about one of my best friends here. Didn't mean to insult you or MH, but it scares the hell out of me finding someone like that. That mental pain can do that to a human being makes me as a friend feel really, really helpless.

Last edited by USExpat; Dec 21st 2008 at 4:24 pm.
Old Dec 22nd 2008, 11:42 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

Well as he's under treatment as we speak it's a bit difficult. A.k.a. locked up to protect him against himself that is. When we found him a few days ago and finally got him to a hospital he had nearly 4.6% alcohol in his blood. Sorry, but we are talking about one of my best friends here. Didn't mean to insult you or MH, but it scares the hell out of me finding someone like that. That mental pain can do that to a human being makes me as a friend feel really, really helpless.

i feel for you and him. It will get better. It always does.

From someone who has been there.
Old Dec 22nd 2008, 1:13 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

I had no idea Dutchie was in a mess, must have missed that bit. Give him a hug from me, I love his posting
Old Dec 23rd 2008, 1:11 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Confucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond repute

hold on...why do we need another bleedin poll...given that it was multi choice, anyone could vote for anyone they wanted (as with the other polls), so you have your final list above...please, put these polls out of their misery!

MM, xx
errr....Eva has won...why do we need another poll...
Originally Posted by Eva

I think the Polls have been a good laugh.
I came to this Board last year when my life was taking me to dark places I didn't really wanna be.I was immediately entertained by the many, many witty,funny and kind people herein.
Now, for me, this forum is a complete entertainment package -Where else can you get a comedy club as good as this Board?,Free financial advice readily given by top people, A music thread to rival MTV, An history channel as 'quality' as the stuff Shiva has provided on the UAE?. For 'Arts,' look at the Sana thread and the beauty of the photographs therein.
Then we have our soaps- members' exchanges of every day life experiences -across many, many nationalities and cultures-fantastic learning ground. And in case we get carried away with this 'hedonistic lifestyle'-we are oft dealt a leveller like, say Bluecat's compassion towards Helping Hands or the dilemma Mrs Haps recently found herself in............

IMHO, Mata Hari and Confucious are the Mama and Papa of the Board-Top Posters. end of.Without them this place would limp along somewhat.I am in awe of both of them-not natural English speakers but they post with elequence and tremendous humour ;they cut to the chase and call it straight.

I see that the runners up have no objection to Eva's deserved win, and also Eva has indeed written one of the best posts I have ever read, humble in all her glory, I declare Eva as the Official Female of The Year...

Eva, you may kiss the crown...
Old Dec 23rd 2008, 6:15 pm
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Eva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Confucius
I see that the runners up have no objection to Eva's deserved win, and also Eva has indeed written one of the best posts I have ever read, humble in all her glory, I declare Eva as the Official Female of The Year...

Eva, you may kiss the crown...
Sweet words Musicman, keep it up and I'll let you drive my truck.