Reload this Page >

"Featherbed Package" How much?

"Featherbed Package" How much?

Old Feb 28th 2013, 5:20 pm
Kix
Nothing doin' here

Kix will become famous soon enoughKix will become famous soon enough
Default "Featherbed Package" How much?

I don't want to rival another thread so I started a new one.

How much, all in for say a family of 4 with both kids in school, would you say a "Featherbed package"is?

Now iI'm thinking around 40k base, 20k housing, 20k schools, 1 return business class for all the family per year and 5k transportation allowance.

What does everyone else think?

And more to the point, does anyone on here get near AED100,000/month?

I know I don't.
Old Feb 28th 2013, 5:43 pm
Banned

Desert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: "Featherbed Package" How much?

Originally Posted by Kix

How much, all in for say a family of 4 with both kids in school, would you say a "Featherbed package"is?

Now iI'm thinking around 40k base, 20k housing, 20k schools, 1 return business class for all the family per year and 5k transportation allowance.

I know I don't.
20k school per month?
Old Feb 28th 2013, 5:48 pm
Account Closed

mikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kix
Do you mean only 100k?
Old Feb 28th 2013, 5:58 pm
Kix
Nothing doin' here

Kix will become famous soon enoughKix will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Desert Dubliner
20k school per month?
For two kids, yes. I pay 9,000 for one! And that's without the Nepal trip in 3 weeks....
Old Feb 28th 2013, 9:39 pm
Shark Fisherman

britexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kix

I know I don't.
I know a few on much more than that. I have just left a house party at what can only be described as being held in an embassy. (It is next to 3 embassy's and huge)
Old Mar 1st 2013, 3:21 am
BE Forum Addict

mentalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kix
For two kids, yes. I pay 9,000 for one! And that's without the Nepal trip in 3 weeks....
Wow, that's Dhs27,000 per school term. We pay Dhs 6,250 per term and my daughter loves it, but then I am Mr. Scrooge as everybody on here knows.
Old Mar 1st 2013, 3:25 am
BE Forum Addict

flares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mentalist
Wow, that's Dhs27,000 per school term. We pay Dhs 6,250 per term and my daughter loves it, but then I am Mr. Scrooge as everybody on here knows.
14,720 per kid per term - Brit Jr school Abu Dhabi. under 4k pm per kid if spread over year so 20k pm is high even if you do pay more as they get older
Old Mar 1st 2013, 4:00 am
womble

OriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond repute

most featherbeds where I am get school fees paid, for the amount of the fees, not necessarily an allowance; same with housing - often the house is provided, and the houses are rented on 10yr leases so you could be lucky or unlucky. my first hideous box house cost the company 15k per month (and utilities on top) because that was the market price. when a friend moved and I moved into their lovely (but older) villa with garden (that's rare here) and large maids quarters, the 10yr lease was only costing the company 6k per month, because the lease price is out of sync with the market.

others get an allowance that can be great (25k) or difficult (10k) - it's company dependant.

my kids school fees cost 90k per year, and that is reimbursed on receipt of bills; housing and utilities are simply taken care of.

the base depends on job level - I know folks on featherbeds for 35k through to 60k. everybody in the same company that is on the featherbed, whatever job level gets 1 business class return flight or cash equivalent for each member of family that lives with the staff. So... you could have an extremely senior manager on 60k per month, but he's single so he only gets one flight; or an engineer on 35k per month with wife and 3 kids, so he gets 5 flights.

transport is a tricky one - some folks get a 4WD provided; others get the cash as an allowance; others get a higher base but no transport.

what I find sad though is how the expat wives judge each other based on their houses - and it can be inverse snobbery - there's a lovely lady who's the wife of a CEO of a major international company, and the other mums at the school ignore her for the most part because they are intimidated by her house and contents of house.
Old Mar 1st 2013, 4:03 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by OriginalSunshine
what I find sad though is how the expat wives judge each other based on their houses - and it can be inverse snobbery - there's a lovely lady who's the wife of a CEO of a major international company, and the other mums at the school ignore her for the most part because they are intimidated by her house and contents of house.
Yeah, but is she fit?
Old Mar 1st 2013, 4:19 am
womble

OriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
Yeah, but is she fit?
What are you doing up so early? Aren't you meant to be nursing a hangover?
Old Mar 1st 2013, 4:36 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by OriginalSunshine
What are you doing up so early? Aren't you meant to be nursing a hangover?
I am.

I've got a three year old kids birthday party at the beach. Leaving in 30 mins.

Head (hair covered) is pounding.
Old Mar 1st 2013, 4:42 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kix
I would say that about half of my office are on around that. Sadly, I'm in the wrong half.
Old Mar 1st 2013, 4:43 am
BE Forum Addict

flares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
I am.

I've got a three year old kids birthday party at the beach. Leaving in 30 mins.

Head (hair covered) is pounding.
Scamp moonlights as a Clown didn't you know.
Old Mar 1st 2013, 4:44 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by saudiflares
Scamp moonlights as a Clown didn't you know.
I had him down as Mr Blobby.
Old Mar 1st 2013, 4:58 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Millhouse
I had him down as Mr Blobby.
You could be my sidekick - Chicken Little.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.