F1 Concerts

Old Sep 30th 2014, 4:17 pm
Forum Regular

DustyBits is just really niceDustyBits is just really niceDustyBits is just really niceDustyBits is just really niceDustyBits is just really niceDustyBits is just really niceDustyBits is just really niceDustyBits is just really niceDustyBits is just really niceDustyBits is just really niceDustyBits is just really nice
Default F1 Concerts

Announced today. Armin van Buuren, Pharrell Williams and........The Who.
Well, one out of 3 ain't bad.

DB
Old Sep 30th 2014, 6:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

Brains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: F1 Concerts

No idea who the first person is, The Who will be brilliant. Pharrell should be pretty good aswell!
Old Oct 1st 2014, 6:51 am
BE Forum Addict

mentalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond repute

Almost all suitable hotels are by now fully booked or charging ridiculous rates. Too far to travel without accommodation, especially given the traffic chaos. A few F1 Grandstand tickets left for those interested.
Old Oct 1st 2014, 9:16 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mentalist
Almost all suitable hotels are by now fully booked or charging ridiculous rates. Too far to travel without accommodation, especially given the traffic chaos. A few F1 Grandstand tickets left for those interested.
Regardless of distance and travel chaos, if I was in UAE I’d just have to go. I even think the chaos could make it an amazing journey. In fact, if I was somewhere in the region, I’d make an extreme effort to see The Who, anyway, anyhow, anywhere. The first album I bought was Quadrophenia, and I can’t explain the impact it had on me in my teens. For many of my generation it defined the times, and often the loneliness of adolescence. I do think Daltrey’s gone a bit weird as he’s got older, but his musicianship can never be doubted.

Anyway, back to logistics. The last time I travelled from Dubai to Abu Dhabi when a major event was on, it took about 2 ½ hours. Along the straight stretches of road, when I can see for miles, it’s a relief when there’s virtually no traffic, but when it’s jam-packed I feel like I’ve had enough. If you could take a train (and if they laid on a night train) then driving would not be a viable substitute, but that’s some way off. If you’re going to take your family, Mentalist, then the main concern is that the kids are alright, especially with all the hooligans on the SZR all thinking “let’s see action”. Are the la-la-la lies of the zero-accident target still posted on the billboard near the AD/Dubai boundary? It’s not enough to just say the words, they need to take real action. I won’t get fooled again by empty words, I just get out and stay out in the fast lane. Right food hard down, and a feeling that I’m free. Just a shame about the speed cameras and cops, the dogs. Sorry, off track… Getting there shouldn’t be too bad, but it’s hard to imagine that the return journey would be fun. Leave around 1am, in the car after 15 mins, then about 4 hours to your side of Dubai should get you home around 5:15. You might be lucky and your journey might be a quick one.

You should go.

Tommy
Old Oct 1st 2014, 2:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

flares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy
Regardless of distance and travel chaos, if I was in UAE I’d just have to go. I even think the chaos could make it an amazing journey. In fact, if I was somewhere in the region, I’d make an extreme effort to see The Who, anyway, anyhow, anywhere. The first album I bought was Quadrophenia, and I can’t explain the impact it had on me in my teens. For many of my generation it defined the times, and often the loneliness of adolescence. I do think Daltrey’s gone a bit weird as he’s got older, but his musicianship can never be doubted.

Anyway, back to logistics. The last time I travelled from Dubai to Abu Dhabi when a major event was on, it took about 2 ½ hours. Along the straight stretches of road, when I can see for miles, it’s a relief when there’s virtually no traffic, but when it’s jam-packed I feel like I’ve had enough. If you could take a train (and if they laid on a night train) then driving would not be a viable substitute, but that’s some way off. If you’re going to take your family, Mentalist, then the main concern is that the kids are alright, especially with all the hooligans on the SZR all thinking “let’s see action”. Are the la-la-la lies of the zero-accident target still posted on the billboard near the AD/Dubai boundary? It’s not enough to just say the words, they need to take real action. I won’t get fooled again by empty words, I just get out and stay out in the fast lane. Right food hard down, and a feeling that I’m free. Just a shame about the speed cameras and cops, the dogs. Sorry, off track… Getting there shouldn’t be too bad, but it’s hard to imagine that the return journey would be fun. Leave around 1am, in the car after 15 mins, then about 4 hours to your side of Dubai should get you home around 5:15. You might be lucky and your journey might be a quick one.

You should go.

Tommy
Out of your brain on the train

As a sixth form stoodent I used to work in a restaurant on East St in Brighton called Jacco's. The bin store opened up into Quadrophenia Alley. Bell boy
Old Oct 2nd 2014, 4:24 am
BE Forum Addict

csdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond repute

My suggestion: look on AirBnB for rooms, and come down the day before. Traffic from AD to Yas is fine.
Old Oct 2nd 2014, 4:36 am
Big Member

NorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond repute

We went two years ago, I think Dubai taxi cost around 250dh, taxi home around 200dh.

Was surprised at home easy it was to get a taxi from Yas.
Old Oct 2nd 2014, 6:22 am
BE Forum Addict

mentalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond repute

I was lucky enough to see The Who in the early-80s. Sadly, Roger Daltry is now 70 yrs old, so do not expect the same energy.
Old Oct 4th 2014, 12:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

al dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond repute

What are the top 5 killer The Who 'tracks'?
Old Oct 4th 2014, 11:02 pm
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

5:15
Old Oct 5th 2014, 5:35 am
BE Forum Addict

Brains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mentalist
I was lucky enough to see The Who in the early-80s. Sadly, Roger Daltry is now 70 yrs old, so do not expect the same energy.
I'd keep your mind open on that one, we went to see the Rolling Stones earlier this year and they were absolutely outstanding, non stop from start to finish. I reckon Mr Daltry will be no different!
Old Oct 7th 2014, 6:42 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by al dente
What are the top 5 killer The Who 'tracks'?
Have a look on You Tube. Like most rock bands, The Who are not famous for individual songs/tracks but rather albums and live performances. The Who Live at Leeds album springs to mind. They are particularly known for their energy like Humble Pie and the Rolling Stones.