existing aprt

Old Oct 21st 2019, 7:59 am
BE Forum Addict

mission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond repute
Default existing aprt

Folks, i have a quick question. When you hand back an apartment (after leasing it) are there any hard and fast rules about what is considered 'general wear and tear' vs making out it's the tenant's liability?
The reason I'm asking this is because i have just recently moved apartments and i will be handing back the previous apartment fairly shortly. It's in immaculate condition because i've had it completely repainted and cleaned after i moved out. However in the bathroom, due to whatever wall paint/paper was used some of the stuff has peeled off (due to the steam) and i am now a little paranoid that the agent will want me to pay the cost for getting this repaired. I would consider this general wear and tear. I moved into the apartment when it was brand new.
Any thoughts? thanks.
Old Oct 21st 2019, 8:32 am
BE Forum Addict

UKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: existing aprt

Dont worry about it.

Ive never had to pay leaving an apartment (although you seem to be more experienced in it after 11 moves!).

If the bathroom is in the back of the apartment then remove the light bulb and say its blown or put a pot to hide the peeling.
Old Oct 21st 2019, 9:57 am
BE Forum Addict

jam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond repute

Its a tricky one. Some are decent and some are nazis. I chatted the lady up who did my last place and all she charged me for was 50 dibs as they had to change the lock barrel as I only had one key. I'd suggest sticking the peely bits down with some prittstick or as UKCG says hiding it or removing the bulb. All is fair in love and flat inspections.
Old Oct 22nd 2019, 4:47 am
BE Forum Addict

mission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by UKCityGent
Dont worry about it.

Ive never had to pay leaving an apartment (although you seem to be more experienced in it after 11 moves!).

If the bathroom is in the back of the apartment then remove the light bulb and say its blown or put a pot to hide the peeling.
Originally Posted by jam25mack
Its a tricky one. Some are decent and some are nazis. I chatted the lady up who did my last place and all she charged me for was 50 dibs as they had to change the lock barrel as I only had one key. I'd suggest sticking the peely bits down with some prittstick or as UKCG says hiding it or removing the bulb. All is fair in love and flat inspections.
thanks guys - the dewa is already disconnected and so removing the bulb won't make any difference. Putting something in front of the patch won't work either because it's on the wall that is on the side of the bath tube ie inline with the bath and hence no space to put anything there. I know other tenants have had the same issue in their bathrooms as well - clearly it's the type of wall paint/paper the developer used. I'm doing the handover later on this week and so i'll see how it goes....the agents are proper freshies.
Old Oct 22nd 2019, 10:25 am
BE Forum Addict

UKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mission
.the agents are proper freshies.
Then just show them the bath and say "I want to point out a serious flaw.." and then move them to another room or to the balcony and start talking about the strength of the sunlight in the morning and how too bright it is ...
Old Oct 27th 2019, 8:26 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

How did you get on?
Old Oct 27th 2019, 10:26 am
BE Forum Addict

jam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
How did you get on?
She forgot where she used to live....
Old Oct 27th 2019, 10:28 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by jam25mack
She forgot where she used to live....