Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Etihad buses - flexible?

Etihad buses - flexible?

Old Jun 19th 2013, 5:30 pm
Account Closed

mikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond repute
Default Etihad buses - flexible?

My niece has booked flights from Dubai to Kenya. But she's booked Etihad and the bus from/to travel mall. However on the way out she needs to be picked up at Marina mall because that's nearer me. On the way back she arrives at 0100 and the bus doesn't leave until 0730. Easier for me to pick her up.
The question is how flexible are Etihad, if you're booked on the bus do you have to use it and if you do must you go to the designated pick up/drop off point?
Old Jun 19th 2013, 5:45 pm
Forum Regular

giddyup is a name known to allgiddyup is a name known to allgiddyup is a name known to allgiddyup is a name known to allgiddyup is a name known to allgiddyup is a name known to allgiddyup is a name known to allgiddyup is a name known to allgiddyup is a name known to allgiddyup is a name known to allgiddyup is a name known to all
Default Re: Etihad buses - flexible?

Good choice booking Etihad

Coach operates from the new Etihad Travel Mall (next to the Noor Islamic Bank metro station) and also stops at Dubai Marina Mall. I believe these are the only designated pick up/drop offs.

Also see here http://www.etihad.com/en-ae/experien...tihad-express/

and timetable for Dubai Marina Mall here http://www.etihad.com/Documents/PDFs...20SCHEDULE.pdf
Old Jun 19th 2013, 5:58 pm
Account Closed

mikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by giddyup
Good choice booking Etihad
Thanks but Dubai would have been a lot easier and I don't know if, because the ticket says 'Travel Mall' she must leave from and drop at there, or is it flexible?
Old Jun 19th 2013, 6:29 pm
...---...

Fossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mikewot
My niece has booked flights from Dubai to Kenya. But she's booked Etihad and the bus from/to travel mall. However on the way out she needs to be picked up at Marina mall because that's nearer me. On the way back she arrives at 0100 and the bus doesn't leave until 0730. Easier for me to pick her up.
The question is how flexible are Etihad, if you're booked on the bus do you have to use it and if you do must you go to the designated pick up/drop off point?
If she lands at DXB at 0100 then it will only be a 3 hour wait for the bus once she has made her way through passport control.
Old Jun 19th 2013, 6:32 pm
Account Closed

If she was coming into DXB I'd book Ahlan to get her through but she's AUH instead.
Old Jun 19th 2013, 6:38 pm
...---...

Fossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mikewot
If she was coming into DXB I'd book Ahlan to get her through but she's AUH instead.
Right, I usually just get one of the fixed price taxis from outside, usually AED70 to anywhere on island. Far better than messing about with buses.
Old Jun 20th 2013, 3:02 am
BE Forum Addict

flares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond repute

If you have to pick up your own checked in luggage from caroussel and take it to the bus - no problem

if you don't - may be a problem retrieving it

if hand luggage - can't see a problem

Not sure how it worksbut would be interested to find out
Old Jun 20th 2013, 4:31 am
BE Forum Addict

mentalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond repute

Have you tried phoning Etihad and asking them?
Old Jun 20th 2013, 4:40 am
BE Forum Addict

csdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond repute

Same question was asked here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/etiha...tihad-bus.html
Old Jun 20th 2013, 5:13 am
Account Closed

Thanks guys, I posted last night rather than phone them as you guys have generally been there, done that and got the tee shirt.
Rang this morning and they were very helpful. If you don't want to use the bus thats fine. She changed the pick up point from Travel Mall to Marina for free. So thumbs up to Etihad.
Old Jun 20th 2013, 5:37 am
BE Forum Addict

flares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond repute

Travelling out - do you check your bags in in Dubai or at airport.

The old city terminal and ADNEC you used to be able to check bags in (a la Gatwick Express at Victoria Station)
Old Jun 20th 2013, 5:39 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by saudiflares
Travelling out - do you check your bags in in Dubai or at airport.
As I read the bumf you can check in at Travel Mall for the flight, but not Marina.