Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Emirati child rapist/murderer sentenced to death

Emirati child rapist/murderer sentenced to death

Old Feb 2nd 2010, 9:57 am
BE Forum Addict

Jeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Emirati child rapist/murderer sentenced to death

Originally Posted by Meow
It may be odd, but in an ideal society no-one would have to fear for their children's safety.

-
I don't have kids so i've no idea but I think 4 years old is still too young for kids to be out in public places on their own? Regardless of dodgy people.
Other things may bring them to harm.
Old Feb 2nd 2010, 10:30 am
ex-expat

Hello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jeeper
I don't have kids so i've no idea but I think 4 years old is still too young for kids to be out in public places on their own? Regardless of dodgy people.
yup, at that age they still obey what adults tell them - whichever adult (apart from their mum ... that's the tragedy.

I'd love to give everyone the benefit of the doubt, but just yesterday, for example, a chap was trying to coax my daughter to come close to him and when she did - and before I could get to her - he had swept her up and was cuddling, kissing and stroking her. Completely inappropriate. That gets a big fat "F*** off and don't even look at her" in my books. Even she was looking uncomfortable at that point, and yet, being the innocent creature that toddlers are, she'd run to a friendly face again.

I don't want to fall into the trap of being so fearful and paranoid that the child isn't allowed to do anything, but I do feel that I'm going to have to teach her to say a firm "no" to people who want to pick her up, especially when they don't even ask.

Yes, children should have their childhood, but it's up to their parents to make sure they do so safely.
Old Feb 2nd 2010, 10:31 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

totally agree with you on that
Old Feb 2nd 2010, 10:34 am
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

It may be odd, but in an ideal society no-one would have to fear for their children's safety.

-
yes and in an ideal society there wouldnt be child rapists either so your point is what exactly?

Last edited by shiva; Feb 2nd 2010 at 10:35 am. Reason: new keyboard is shite
Old Feb 2nd 2010, 12:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shiva
yes and in an ideal society there wouldnt be child rapists either so your point is what exactly?
I think that was more or less her point lol....
Old Feb 2nd 2010, 2:22 pm
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

I think that was more or less her point lol....
It was. The saddest thing is that people have to protect their children so much, not that these parents apparently weren't doing so.

-
Old Feb 3rd 2010, 6:06 am
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

It was. The saddest thing is that people have to protect their children so much, not that these parents apparently weren't doing so.

-
lol should perhaps have read your post again before posting.
Old Feb 3rd 2010, 6:51 am
Go on.. Pull my finger..

TGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond repute

-
I could never get the hang of double negatives... What u trying to say????
Old Feb 3rd 2010, 8:46 am
A bubbly-jock...

MacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TGFKASE
I could never get the hang of double negatives... What u trying to say????
Agree with you on that one...I was an expert witness in a case in north Queensland and was asked the question "is it not a fact that this may not be correct in this instance?" I said no but the judge immediately corrected me (in context) and said that I meant to say yes ! (meaning yes, it is not a fact !)
Old Feb 3rd 2010, 7:14 pm
If I have to explain...

Roadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond repute

Just watched the movie The Lonely Bones, very disturbing and brings to question the whole idea of revenge/justice. Without spoiling, the end left me feeling annoyed that "justice" wasn't seen to be done.

Well worth watching.
Old Feb 3rd 2010, 7:40 pm