Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Emirates Road; Roadworks

Emirates Road; Roadworks

Old Nov 15th 2011, 7:31 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141
Default Emirates Road; Roadworks

All,

I've tried searching but can't find the thread / post.

I'm sure Millhouse posted something about the roundabout on Emirates road, where it meets the 63 i think is where they've decided you can only go in certain directions.

Can anyone tell me if they are still there? Or the best route to Arabian Ranches from MoE....

Thanks

Smokin Scamp Frazier.
Old Nov 15th 2011, 7:41 am
BE Forum Addict

mentalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Emirates Road; Roadworks

Originally Posted by Scamp
... the best route to Arabian Ranches from MoE....
There is a direct route from near the MOE which takes you over the Emirates Road (by flyover) to Arabian Ranches thus avoiding the roadworks but, not being from that part of town, I cannot direct you to where exactly the route begins. Somebody on here will know for sure.
Old Nov 15th 2011, 7:46 am
BE Enthusiast

Mogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to all

All,

I've tried searching but can't find the thread / post.

I'm sure Millhouse posted something about the roundabout on Emirates road, where it meets the 63 i think is where they've decided you can only go in certain directions.

Can anyone tell me if they are still there? Or the best route to Arabian Ranches from MoE....

Thanks

Smokin Scamp Frazier.

Umm Sequim Street from next to MOE takes you directly to the ranches
Old Nov 15th 2011, 7:49 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

ooh, I thought you could only get into AR by Emirates Road.

If i can still get straight over at that flyover / roundabout then I can get in at the side...

OK so does anyone know the restrictions those works are causing in terms of where you can and can't go?

Thanks
Old Nov 15th 2011, 8:03 am
Go on.. Pull my finger..

TGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond repute

ooh, I thought you could only get into AR by Emirates Road.

If i can still get straight over at that flyover / roundabout then I can get in at the side...

OK so does anyone know the restrictions those works are causing in terms of where you can and can't go?

Thanks
The change of roundabout that Millhouse was talking about does not affect getting into or out of AR. From MOE, straight up Umm Suqqeim St till you get to AR. From DSO, Mirdif etc, straight along Emirates Road to AR junction. From GCW etc, straight along Emirates Road till the AR junction.

What HAS changed is the end of Al Khail Rd, where it meets Emirates. You used to have a roundabout there, which you could go either back up Emirates to AR, or Emirates to GCW. You now can only go GCW direction..

It only really affects people at Dubai Sports City.. It screwed me up royally until I worked out a better alternative..
Old Nov 15th 2011, 8:20 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by TGFKASE
The change of roundabout that Millhouse was talking about does not affect getting into or out of AR. From MOE, straight up Umm Suqqeim St till you get to AR. From DSO, Mirdif etc, straight along Emirates Road to AR junction. From GCW etc, straight along Emirates Road till the AR junction.

What HAS changed is the end of Al Khail Rd, where it meets Emirates. You used to have a roundabout there, which you could go either back up Emirates to AR, or Emirates to GCW. You now can only go GCW direction..

It only really affects people at Dubai Sports City.. It screwed me up royally until I worked out a better alternative..
Thanks for the detail!

So the roundabout under destruction is where Al Khail meets Emirates, not where the 63 meets Emirates road? So if I'm heading to the Reem end of AR I can go along Umm Seq, passed DuBiotech and at Emirates road swing a left towards SO / Mirdiff but just nip off into AR off Emirates road?

Sorry, that sounds more complicated than it is.
Old Nov 15th 2011, 8:31 am
Go on.. Pull my finger..

TGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the detail!

So the roundabout under destruction is where Al Khail meets Emirates, not where the 63 meets Emirates road? So if I'm heading to the Reem end of AR I can go along Umm Seq, passed DuBiotech and at Emirates road swing a left towards SO / Mirdiff but just nip off into AR off Emirates road?

Sorry, that sounds more complicated than it is.
It does sound more complicated than it is, and yes.....
Old Nov 15th 2011, 8:58 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by TGFKASE
It does sound more complicated than it is, and yes.....
Appreciated.

Thanks for that.