Emirates ID

Old Aug 23rd 2016, 10:54 am
BE Forum Addict

mission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond repute
Default Emirates ID

Just wanted to let you guys know that you can use your Emirates ID card when clearing customs via e-gate. I flew back from the UK early Sun morning and it worked - just as well since the queues through the manual process where frigging huge.
Old Aug 23rd 2016, 11:24 am
BE Enthusiast

Mogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to all
Default Re: Emirates ID

Originally Posted by mission
Just wanted to let you guys know that you can use your Emirates ID card when clearing customs via e-gate. I flew back from the UK early Sun morning and it worked - just as well since the queues through the manual process where frigging huge.
Do you not need to register it before 1st use ?
Old Aug 23rd 2016, 11:34 am
BE Forum Addict

mission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mogs
Do you not need to register it before 1st use ?
nope - you just swipe it through the e-gate machine, it will then ask you for a finger print and viola you will exist customs.
Old Aug 23rd 2016, 11:41 am
Banned

iggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond repute

I have a feeling that this doesn't work for Abu Dhabi. I am 99% sure i read that its only working at Dubai airport.
Old Aug 23rd 2016, 11:43 am
BE Enthusiast

Mogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to all

nope - you just swipe it through the e-gate machine, it will then ask you for a finger print and viola you will exist customs.
Good to know.

We saw the registration queue last time we came through T3 and after 10 minutes of not moving, decided it was quicker just to go through a normal queue.
Old Aug 23rd 2016, 11:44 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

I set this up years ago... sadly all my fingers are recorded as thumbs, and my thumbs as fingers on the system. It's impossible to guess what finger I need to use and so it never lets me in. Try getting that one fixed.

I registered for a proper e-gate, and all my fingers are recorded as my left thumb. Regardless of what the machine asks for, it's the thumb that lets me in. Much easier.
Old Aug 23rd 2016, 12:29 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

tried it at the end of July after they had made their announcement that it was working, and it wasn't. Luckily I had E-Gate as a back up.

Guess this means that there are now going to be queues at the egate machines as anyone with an Emirates ID can now use them. A backward step
Old Aug 23rd 2016, 12:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Inselaffen
tried it at the end of July after they had made their announcement that it was working, and it wasn't. Luckily I had E-Gate as a back up.

Guess this means that there are now going to be queues at the egate machines as anyone with an Emirates ID can now use them. A backward step
To be fair, the process is very easy and extremely quick and so even if there is a queue, it should definitely move much faster than the manual one.
Old Aug 23rd 2016, 12:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by iggle
I have a feeling that this doesn't work for Abu Dhabi. I am 99% sure i read that its only working at Dubai airport.
no idea about AUH, but definitely up and running (and working) in DXB
Old Aug 23rd 2016, 12:46 pm
"Insert witty title here"

Irishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond repute

Never registered for an e-card
Used my ID Card as going in as well as out two days later and it was a breeze. Even the business class line was long and I was chuffed that I just breezed right through. May I reccomend we keep this info on the down low otherwise as said above, it would start creating long ques as well
Old Aug 23rd 2016, 12:58 pm
Big Member

NorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond repute

I use Smart Gate when coming back into Dubai (I tried a few times to renew egate but was told 'the system is down').

It works fine, you just need to register the first time (as long as you have the newer passport) and the queues are generally the shortest in the airport.
Old Aug 23rd 2016, 1:00 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by Inselaffen

I landed the other day early, big taxi queue but e-gate took me 45 seconds? No queue, just hold the card on, go in, finger print, cheers.

It's only bad when there's nobody there to help idiots.

Also, in T3 on the far, far right end of passport there's more machines and a person behind them. I once found that quick when e-gate was clogged with confused folk.
Old Aug 23rd 2016, 1:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

Cypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Millhouse
I set this up years ago... sadly all my fingers are recorded as thumbs, and my thumbs as fingers on the system. It's impossible to guess what finger I need to use and so it never lets me in. Try getting that one fixed.

I registered for a proper e-gate, and all my fingers are recorded as my left thumb. Regardless of what the machine asks for, it's the thumb that lets me in. Much easier.
Yeah it never gets my prints right either. Smartgate with the passport is the way to go.
Old Aug 23rd 2016, 1:04 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by Cypselos
Yeah it never gets my prints right either. Smartgate with the passport is the way to go.
Is that the one on the far right of passports at T3?
Old Aug 23rd 2016, 3:06 pm
Wannabe Cycling God

TheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond repute

If you have Skywards silver or above you can add eGate to the card for free. Like others I registered my EID but it never worked.

FYI every egate at T3 accepts eGate or the Passport scan thingy.

I mainly use eGate as you can use it on the way out which is not currently the case for the passport scanning system.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.