Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Emirate Airlines has been sold to Bharain!

Emirate Airlines has been sold to Bharain!

Old Nov 23rd 2008, 2:27 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Emirate Airlines has been sold to Bharain!

Originally Posted by pauldxb
THE ACTUAL TRUTH !!!!

Sheikh Mo approached Sheikh Khalifa for a loan & part of the loan was a guarentee that if it wasnt paid back Abu Dhabi would get both Emirates airline & Port Rashid. This was REFUSED by Sheikh Mo but both parties are still in negotiation
I think, for a statement of such magnitude, you ought to at least hint at your source........
Old Nov 23rd 2008, 3:06 pm
Here comes the Sun

twinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lionheart
Why didn't the joker say what he means. Just too damned lazy...duhhh? It really pisses me off when people use initials for work related things ...as if we all work in the same field.
Sorry even i got that one .....
Old Nov 23rd 2008, 7:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

pauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to all

Originally Posted by The Dean
I think, for a statement of such magnitude, you ought to at least hint at your source........
Sultan Bin Sulayem
Old Nov 23rd 2008, 9:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

bimcnorth has much to be proud ofbimcnorth has much to be proud ofbimcnorth has much to be proud ofbimcnorth has much to be proud ofbimcnorth has much to be proud ofbimcnorth has much to be proud ofbimcnorth has much to be proud ofbimcnorth has much to be proud ofbimcnorth has much to be proud ofbimcnorth has much to be proud ofbimcnorth has much to be proud of

I donĀ“t think Sheikh Khalifa is doing any negotiations by himself, not even on the behalf of Abu Dhabi..

So itĀ“s either the "Bani Mohammad bin Khalifa" fraction that basically is the old guard that was in power under Sheikh Zayed or the bright and ambitious "Bani Fatima" block headed by the crown prince Sheikh Mohammad bin Zayed that currently is most powerful in Abu Dhabi, that is negotiating with Sheikh Mo I mean.
Most things in Abu Dhabi comes into either fractions sphere of influence.

That of course means that Khalifa can go hunting, visit other royalties and generally enjoy life as his ambitious brothers are at each others throat privately, while of course instantly shielding each other from outsiders if the need arise..

So who is negotiating for Abu Dhabi?, the two main fractions donĀ“t necessary have the same view on Dubai..
Old Nov 23rd 2008, 9:30 pm
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bimcnorth
I donĀ“t think Sheikh Khalifa is doing any negotiations by himself, not even on the behalf of Abu Dhabi..

So itĀ“s either the "Bani Mohammad bin Khalifa" fraction that basically is the old guard that was in power under Sheikh Zayed or the bright and ambitious "Bani Fatima" block headed by the crown prince Sheikh Mohammad bin Zayed that currently is most powerful in Abu Dhabi, that is negotiating with Sheikh Mo I mean.
Most things in Abu Dhabi comes into either fractions sphere of influence.

That of course means that Khalifa can go hunting, visit other royalties and generally enjoy life as his ambitious brothers are at each others throat privately, while of course instantly shielding each other from outsiders if the need arise..

So who is negotiating for Abu Dhabi?, the two main fractions donĀ“t necessary have the same view on Dubai..
top post

AD's sheikh mo often sees eye to eye with Dubai's Sheikh Mo so i would suspect that that may be the route they are taking but any help given will cost Dubai dearly. The old guard whilst willing to shield dubai from international embembarrassment would privately be very happy for Dubai to collapse especially if it meant they owned the place.

Never forget that only 60 odd years ago Dubai and Abu Dhabi were often raiding each other with blood spilled as a result and neither side is that fond of the other.
Old Nov 23rd 2008, 10:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

bimcnorth has much to be proud ofbimcnorth has much to be proud ofbimcnorth has much to be proud ofbimcnorth has much to be proud ofbimcnorth has much to be proud ofbimcnorth has much to be proud ofbimcnorth has much to be proud ofbimcnorth has much to be proud ofbimcnorth has much to be proud ofbimcnorth has much to be proud ofbimcnorth has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by shiva
top post

AD's sheikh mo often sees eye to eye with Dubai's Sheikh Mo so i would suspect that that may be the route they are taking but any help given will cost Dubai dearly. The old guard whilst willing to shield dubai from international embembarrassment would privately be very happy for Dubai to collapse especially if it meant they owned the place.

Never forget that only 60 odd years ago Dubai and Abu Dhabi were often raiding each other with blood spilled as a result and neither side is that fond of the other.

Cheers..

To make it a bit further complicated Sheikh Mo of Dubai got an Al-Nahyan mum, and got a Bani Fatima son in law in Sheikh Mansour (The Royal chamberlain) that married Sheikha Manal so the two families are sort of joined at the hip..

The Maktoums might gnash their teeth if the Al-Nahyans "take over" Dubai in a financial sense but it would be worth untold billions for Dubai as a financial hub to have direct access to Al-Nahyan wealth I think.
Just look at the Amlak Tamweel merger..under the Real Estate Bank of Abu Dhabi actually.
Apart from the benefits of avoiding a possible financial crisis such a move safeguards the Maktoum family fortune inside UAE itself which will eventually carry the day I think.

At the end of the day we got two emirates..

One with pots of gold so huge that they employs thousands of people to basically ship it out of Abu Dhabi to financial markets all over the world.
The other one is cash-strapped at the moment but got spectacular developments and have become a major trading and financial centre in the region.

They are within shouting distance of each other...The writing is on the wall I suspect.
Old Nov 24th 2008, 4:37 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pauldxb
Sultan Bin Sulayem
Surprising then that nobody else has heard this.........
Old Nov 24th 2008, 4:39 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Cheers..

To make it a bit further complicated Sheikh Mo of Dubai got an Al-Nahyan mum, and got a Bani Fatima son in law in Sheikh Mansour (The Royal chamberlain) that married Sheikha Manal so the two families are sort of joined at the hip..

The Maktoums might gnash their teeth if the Al-Nahyans "take over" Dubai in a financial sense but it would be worth untold billions for Dubai as a financial hub to have direct access to Al-Nahyan wealth I think.
Just look at the Amlak Tamweel merger..under the Real Estate Bank of Abu Dhabi actually.
Apart from the benefits of avoiding a possible financial crisis such a move safeguards the Maktoum family fortune inside UAE itself which will eventually carry the day I think.

One with pots of gold so huge that they employs thousands of people to basically ship it out of Abu Dhabi to financial markets all over the world.
The other one is cash-strapped at the moment but got spectacular developments and have become a major trading and financial centre in the region.

They are within shouting distance of each other...The writing is on the wall I suspect.

It's the old dilemma then.............. which would you rather be?

A rich slave or a poor free man?
Old Nov 24th 2008, 4:52 am
BE Forum Addict

pauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to all

Surprising then that nobody else has heard this.........
I thought id throw it in there and wait for the feedback & congrats your the first, no a fiend of mine who works at Emirates told me, but hey this is Dubai who really knows
Old Nov 24th 2008, 7:08 am
BE Forum Addict

Grace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kix
A little bird told me that 51% of it was sold to the Al Nahyan's on thursday.....
Yes i heard that also
Old Nov 24th 2008, 1:27 pm
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Eva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond repute

Cheers..

Agree with Shiva...great posting bimcnorth- a joy to read.Keep it up
Please....
Old Nov 24th 2008, 1:28 pm
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Eva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by annacarna
Yes i heard that also
For sure EYEK merge......
Old Nov 24th 2008, 1:34 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Confucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Eva
For sure EYEK merge......
Etirates Airlines...Catchy...
Old Nov 24th 2008, 1:38 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Cheers..

Incest........... a great game for all the family!!!
Old Nov 24th 2008, 1:40 pm
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Incest........... a great game for all the family!!!

Nothing new there then probably.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.