Electrical Goods

Old Nov 19th 2009, 4:11 pm
Just Joined

Andy SUFC is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Electrical Goods

As you can see from my posts I am relatively new and tend to be a "reader" rather than a "poster". I have used the search function and recognise that there are a couple of sparkies out there so hopefully you will be able to help. The wife and I are coming out to live in Dubai in Feb 2010 we have started to look around the house and decide what to leave and what to take. My question is do electrical appliances such as fridge microwave and TV's work OK in Dubai. I know the supply is 230V and 3 pin plugs are acceptable but particularly with the TV's (all only 2 years old LCD versions) will they work in accordance with the satellite feeds that are in Dubai??
Old Nov 20th 2009, 2:44 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Electrical Goods

Originally Posted by Andy SUFC
As you can see from my posts I am relatively new and tend to be a "reader" rather than a "poster". I have used the search function and recognise that there are a couple of sparkies out there so hopefully you will be able to help. The wife and I are coming out to live in Dubai in Feb 2010 we have started to look around the house and decide what to leave and what to take. My question is do electrical appliances such as fridge microwave and TV's work OK in Dubai. I know the supply is 230V and 3 pin plugs are acceptable but particularly with the TV's (all only 2 years old LCD versions) will they work in accordance with the satellite feeds that are in Dubai??
everything will work fine.
Old Nov 20th 2009, 2:49 pm
Just Joined

Andy SUFC is an unknown quantity at this point

thanks
Old Nov 20th 2009, 7:28 pm
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Eva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Inselaffen
everything will work fine.
But would you ship it Inse?
Honestly, isn't it more clever to sell up at home and buy new in Dubai?
Bear in mind OP,even if you have warranty, you are not going to get an engineer
from East Grinstead to fit in a morning call at Dubai Marina........