Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

The Earthly Point of Twitter.....

The Earthly Point of Twitter.....

Old Jan 19th 2010, 11:45 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Earthly Point of Twitter.....

British Expats have a Twitter account too @britishexpats
Old Jan 19th 2010, 12:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
exactly follow someone then if they are boring just unfollow, quite simple. I am a huge Benidorm fan and follow the writer of the series and some of the cast as well, interesting chat about the NTA Awards and when the new series is starting etc. Today all day there has been auction to raise money for Haiti. You either like it or loath it.
When I went back home last time, the old man was raving about this benidorm show....I watched it and it was the worst load of drivel I have ever had the misfortune to witness on TV.
Honestly it was just trash. I cannot put it down enough.

I want to say it's worse than 'Curb your enthusiasm' but I'm not sure it is.....I think deciding wich of the two is worst is like trying to divide 1 by zero.

As for taking an interest in it outside the programme itself....well I don't know what to say.

I think my rant is finished now.
Old Jan 19th 2010, 12:10 pm
Powered by cows

Autonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jeeper
When I went back home last time, the old man was raving about this benidorm show....I watched it and it was the worst load of drivel I have ever had the misfortune to witness on TV.

I want to say it's worse than 'Curb your enthusiasm' but I'm not sure it is.....I think deciding wich of the two is worst is like trying to divide 1 by zero.

As for taking an interest in it outside the programme itself....well I don't know what to say.

wow... Curb Your Enthusiasm is possibly the best comedy show ever...
Old Jan 19th 2010, 12:19 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

you can't just watch one episode of Benidorm and make a comment like that. It is currrently on series 3, you have to get to know the characters and the things that have happened in previous series to get into it.

As for curb your enthusiasm, I think that is American and I don't do American television full stop.
Old Jan 19th 2010, 12:22 pm
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Posters in different tastes shocker!!

-
Old Jan 19th 2010, 12:24 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by Meow
Posters in different tastes shocker!!

-
shocking isn't it
Old Jan 19th 2010, 12:28 pm
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

exactly follow someone then if they are boring just unfollow, quite simple. I am a huge Benidorm fan and follow the writer of the series and some of the cast as well, interesting chat about the NTA Awards and when the new series is starting etc. Today all day there has been auction to raise money for Haiti. You either like it or loath it.
I'm neither, did it for 2 months and gave up, couldn't be arsed. Some of it is good but you have to check all the time otherwise you miss loads.

It's good if you do nowt all day and have plenty of time on your hands

Old Jan 19th 2010, 12:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond repute

you can't just watch one episode of Benidorm and make a comment like that.
I can and I did....
Old Jan 19th 2010, 12:36 pm
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Spugsy
I'm neither, did it for 2 months and gave up, couldn't be arsed. Some of it is good but you have to check all the time otherwise you miss loads.

You run it via Tweetdeck whilst working so any tweets from people you are following pop up in the corner of your screen without actually disturbing you. Takes regular posting to build up a following and you have to make regular, useful posts, to build business enquiries.

It's just another business marketing/info tool if you use it right.

-
Old Jan 19th 2010, 12:45 pm
Excess Baggage

littlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond repute

you can't just watch one episode of Benidorm and make a comment like that. It is currrently on series 3, you have to get to know the characters and the things that have happened in previous series to get into it.

As for curb your enthusiasm, I think that is American and I don't do American television full stop.
I can't imagine what it must be like never to have seen an episode of:

The Simpsons
Seinfeld
Frasier
The Wire
Lost
Family Guy

amongst dozens of others!
Old Jan 19th 2010, 12:54 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by littlejimmy
I can't imagine what it must be like never to have seen an episode of:

The Simpsons
Seinfeld
Frasier
The Wire
Lost
Family Guy

amongst dozens of others!
why they are all shite if you ask me.
Old Jan 19th 2010, 12:54 pm
Concierge

I can and I did....
Old Jan 19th 2010, 12:56 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by Spugsy

I don't do it all the time. When I log in I just read last 10 or tweets then join in. If someone has replied to me specifically it appears in the @me column and same with DM's they appear in their own column as well. Ten mins,an hour, two whatever it what you make it.
Old Jan 19th 2010, 1:05 pm
Bored liberal

why they are all shite if you ask me.
No, BC, that's not right!!

Frasier is brilliant! We're re-watching all the seasons in order at the moment. It's smart, intelligent, witty comedy. The Simpsons & Family Guy are subversive & very clever.

24 was gripping for the first few, although I started to get bored, likewise with Lost (that lost me after 1st series).

There is an awful of of dross that comes out of the States, but there are some cracking programmes too. Just like in the UK - lots of trash telly (more than ever it seems) but some very good programmes.

-

-
Old Jan 19th 2010, 1:07 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by Meow
No, BC, that's not right!!

Frasier is brilliant! We're re-watching all the seasons in order at the moment. It's smart, intelligent, witty comedy. The Simpsons & Family Guy are subversive & very clever.

24 was gripping for the first few, although I started to get bored, likewise with Lost (that lost me after 1st series).

There is an awful of of dross that comes out of the States, but there are some cracking programmes too. Just like in the UK - lots of trash telly (more than ever it seems) but some very good programmes.

-

-
Frasier was good in it's day but I wouldn't lose sleep if I missed it

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.