Duchess is in Labour

Old Jul 22nd 2013, 11:32 pm
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Eva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Duchess is in Labour

Originally Posted by Millhouse
I will only be interested when the BBC roll out Lord Robert Winston.

He is the only consultant gynecologist / midwife/ fertility expert that I can respect (he brought me into this world - although he was just Dr. Robert Winston at the time).
I hope he was thoroughly slapped for that !
Old Jul 23rd 2013, 3:17 am
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lady woo
General US impression with the Royal British financial system is that the Monarch is an image which holds its' own wealth like what "fort knox" used to be... something on that level.

British citizens spoil the blue bloods? Your taxes support the Queen?
It seems so illegal... They are spoiled directly on your back and they are proud of it? They seriously collect everyday? That would never fly here.
On this side of the pond, anyone in power is an incumbent (a high end slave, if you will whose income is part transparent and part creative) and has an obligation to serve those who voted their position. I guess it's that western badass mentality.

But no way is money willingly cushioning anyone in power around here. If they dare, heads spin to bananaville, sans zipcode.
If a politician has an expensive toilet on taxpayers dollars, a picture is more of a risk that driving drunk with the illegitimate child and a shovel in the trunk. I kid you not.
I think you may be a little delusional or hopelessly naive
Old Jul 23rd 2013, 3:17 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

General US impression with the Royal British financial system is that the Monarch is an image which holds its' own wealth like what "fort knox" used to be... something on that level.

It seems so illegal... They are spoiled directly on your back and they are proud of it? They seriously collect everyday? That would never fly here.
On this side of the pond, anyone in power is an incumbent (a high end slave, if you will whose income is part transparent and part creative) and has an obligation to serve those who voted their position. I guess it's that western badass mentality.

But no way is money willingly cushioning anyone in power around here. If they dare, heads spin to bananaville, sans zipcode.
If a politician has an expensive toilet on taxpayers dollars, a picture is more of a risk that driving drunk with the illegitimate child and a shovel in the trunk. I kid you not.
Thank you - very sweet of you to pop in to tell us how the completely non-corrupt US system works, but the comparisons are not really like-for-like. Our Queen (pbuh) doesn't actually rule - she sort of oversees things, lets it be known if she has a strong view about something, and chats informally to an elected Prime Minister from time to time........... but that's all.

She also has to bite her tongue when her Ministers now take oaths swearing loyalty etc to the European Union - something our constitution expressly forbids them from doing...........
Old Jul 23rd 2013, 3:55 am
Kix
Nothing doin' here

Kix will become famous soon enoughKix will become famous soon enough

After this thread (Doha Skype), I though you gotta be a troll.

Now I'm thinking more of a character from Viz - Milli Tent?
Old Jul 23rd 2013, 4:36 am
BE Enthusiast

Beakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to behold

It's a....."boy"

Old Jul 23rd 2013, 4:50 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Eva
I hope he was thoroughly slapped for that !
Quite the opposite. I think they made him a Lord off the back of it.
Old Jul 23rd 2013, 3:47 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Loved that Tweet today............

"In a ground-breaking sponsorship deal, the royal baby is to be named Qatar Airways"
Old Jul 23rd 2013, 7:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

Patsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond repute

Hello sweetie..I would like you to look at this youtube clip..strangely enough posted by a fellow countryman of yours ..also you need to research your facts darling before you knock our monarchy.....the Queen is mostly symbolic..therefore we (other than Meow) ... can love her and her family, safe in the knowledge that she is just happy being...Queen