British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Dubai Women: Part I - POLL (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/dubai-women-part-i-poll-729959/)

zamboooka Aug 25th 2011 8:15 am

Dubai Women: Part I - POLL

Part II - DEFINITIONS (Coming Soon)

Blue Cat Aug 25th 2011 8:42 am

Re: Dubai Women: Part I - POLL

Marina Marleys :rofl:

Meow Aug 25th 2011 8:45 am

None of the above :rolleyes:

zamboooka Aug 25th 2011 8:52 am

PART II: DEFINITIONS - Section (a)

Jumeirah Janes:
You see them in various upscale malls, carrying a huge designer bag, humongous sun glasses, perfectly manicured and pedicured hands and feet (usually french), perfectly done hair and smart clothes to boot.
JJ's are usually in their late 30s to early 40s and are known to readily party with anyone who's willing to splash some cash around - Preferably younger guys though. These ladies are the cream of society - self proclaimed of course. You can easily spot them driving on beach road or on Al Wasl road in a jag or an audi. They can also be found in malls being followed by a lil philapina maid who's pushing a huge cart of groceries / home decorations / appliances etc etc.

Why do we love em? Well, who doesnt love someone that looks good, has style and an attitude that'd send a queen runnin.. Guys have a thing for women with attitude, so to all JJ's out there - keep it up.. we're always gonna wantcha!

According to an extensive and thorough research conducted recently (4 drunk guys in a bar) it was concluded that JJ's are 9/10 on the sexiness scale with their clothes and shades etc on, however this is reduced to 6/10 with their clothes off and 4/10 with the undies off.. the saggy baggy effect!?

AKA - Cougars, Vixens
Popular Hangout spots - Malls, Bars & Lounges, Beaches (all upscale of course!!) and of course private parties!

NB: Kindly correct me if Ive made a mistake in the definition. Comments are welcome!

zamboooka Aug 25th 2011 8:56 am

Hmm I think I botched the poll thingi up.. I cant see who voted for which!??pfffft.. well that blows!!!

zamboooka Aug 25th 2011 8:59 am

Originally Posted by Meow (Post 9580901)
None of the above :rolleyes:

sorry! I was runnin outta names to put next to locations!

zamboooka Aug 25th 2011 9:13 am

So who's the Jumeirah Jane then!?

Blue Cat Aug 25th 2011 9:17 am

Originally Posted by zamboooka (Post 9580933)
So who's the Jumeirah Jane then!?

not me I am a Barsha Babe :)

zamboooka Aug 25th 2011 9:24 am

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 9580939)
not me I am a Barsha Babe :)

Thought u said Marina earlier!?

scrubbedexpat141 Aug 25th 2011 9:34 am

I hit Jumeirah Jane.

Walking round the mall in the most arrogant, stuck up, ignorant and self obsessed manner... All I do is imagine them on all fours with me hanging out the back. They wouldn't be so smug then.

That way, I just chuckle when I see them.

zamboooka Aug 25th 2011 9:36 am

Originally Posted by Scamp (Post 9580957)
I hit Jumeirah Jane.

Walking round the mall in the most arrogant, stuck up, ignorant and self obsessed manner... All I do is imagine them on all fours with me hanging out the back. They wouldn't be so smug then.

That way, I just chuckle when I see them.

hahahahah... too good! can I quote that in the Definitions bit?

Ethos83 Aug 25th 2011 9:37 am

Jumeirah Janes don't exist anymore, do they?

Most women of the description you provide tend to be Lebanese/Egyptian/Jordanian and live in fancy apartments in the Marina or own their own villas somewhere in Emirates Living/Arabian Ranches.

zamboooka Aug 25th 2011 9:37 am

Originally Posted by Ethos83 (Post 9580961)
Jumeirah Janes don't exist anymore, do they?

Most women of the description you provide tend to be Lebanese/Egyptian/Jordanian and live in fancy apartments in the Marina or own their own villas somewhere in Emirates Living/Arabian Ranches.

Really?? Guess Im way off then dude.. But still fun though, no?

Ethos83 Aug 25th 2011 9:41 am

There's pretentious women of every nationality but when I lived in Jumeira-Umm Suqeim I rarely saw anyone who fit the stereotype of Jumeira Janes.

Sure, plenty of healthy looking, nicely dressed Western expat wives usually with a couple tanned kids in tow. But they never came across as pretentious or obnoxious (except for Madam Medusa, of course).

Jumeira and Umm Suqeim were pretty chill, laid back places. The greedy wives had long since moved on to their own villas in the freehold developments.

Originally Posted by zamboooka (Post 9580964)
Really?? Guess Im way off then dude.. But still fun though, no?

zamboooka Aug 25th 2011 9:46 am

Originally Posted by Ethos83 (Post 9580966)
There's pretentious women of every nationality but when I lived in Jumeira-Umm Suqeim I rarely saw anyone who fit the stereotype of Jumeira Janes.

Sure, plenty of healthy looking, nicely dressed Western expat wives usually with a couple tanned kids in tow. But they never came across as pretentious or obnoxious (except for Madam Medusa, of course).

Jumeira and Umm Suqeim were pretty chill, laid back places. The greedy wives had long since moved on to their own villas in the freehold developments.

haha..ur killing my thread here dude!!