Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

"The Dubai Property Market Optimist Of The Year"

"The Dubai Property Market Optimist Of The Year"

Old Feb 25th 2009, 2:24 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute
Default "The Dubai Property Market Optimist Of The Year"

This man's got bigger balls than I have, to make some of these assumptions...........

"sale prices ... already approaching the lowest that they could conceivably fall to"

http://www.ameinfo.com/185553.html
Old Feb 25th 2009, 2:24 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: "The Dubai Property Market Optimist Of The Year"

Originally Posted by The Dean
This man's got bigger balls than I have, to make some of these assumptions...........

"sale prices ... already approaching the lowest that they could conceivably fall to"

http://www.ameinfo.com/185553.html
............ well, he is from Better Homes, after all.................
Old Feb 25th 2009, 2:31 am
BE Enthusiast

StublueKPL is a name known to allStublueKPL is a name known to allStublueKPL is a name known to allStublueKPL is a name known to allStublueKPL is a name known to allStublueKPL is a name known to allStublueKPL is a name known to allStublueKPL is a name known to allStublueKPL is a name known to allStublueKPL is a name known to allStublueKPL is a name known to all

Originally Posted by The Dean
............ well, he is from Better Homes, after all.................
What is it with that lot? they seem to be on another planet with their rental prices etc.

And, as for that statement, utter b***ocks in my opinion. But, hey, who knows??
Old Feb 25th 2009, 3:21 am
Big Member

NorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond repute

'We expect this to be quite a cleansing period. The market is getting smaller and the number of operators is declining dramatically. What we're seeing is that many of those agencies are going out of business and we expect many more to go out of business. "

If BH don't pull their heads from up their arses they will be joining the list of those going under. The prices they are still asking are plain daft, it seems their agents are 6 months behind the rest of Dubai.
Old Feb 25th 2009, 3:40 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NorthernLad
'We expect this to be quite a cleansing period. The market is getting smaller and the number of operators is declining dramatically. What we're seeing is that many of those agencies are going out of business and we expect many more to go out of business. "

If BH don't pull their heads from up their arses they will be joining the list of those going under. The prices they are still asking are plain daft, it seems their agents are 6 months behind the rest of Dubai.
driven by greed
Old Feb 25th 2009, 5:41 am
ex-expat

Hello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond repute

"'When I look at prices today I sense that there's not much room for prices to go down further in many areas of the city and across many types of property."

How much is something worth if no-one wants to buy it?!

Hillarious. Betterhomes haven't even got back to me in 2 weeks about viewing some places to rent. I am wringing my hands in glee at the prospect of estate agents realising that, for once, we don't care!
Old Feb 25th 2009, 9:12 am
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by StublueKPL
What is it with that lot? they seem to be on another planet with their rental prices etc.

And, as for that statement, utter b***ocks in my opinion. But, hey, who knows??
i was talking a guy who runs his own agency selling and renting properties the other night and he basically blames betterhomes for the rise in prices over the last few years.